An animation degree will prepare you to work in multimedia design, visual communication, and video game design. Animation is a kind of optical illusion that involves the appearance of motion which is caused by displaying still images in a sequence. Usually, animation is used for entertainment purposes as well as education purposes. In addition to its use for entertainment, animation is considered a form of art.An animation degree requires artistic skills, creativity, computer skills, and technical skills. Graduates may go on to become experts at creating interactive computer-generated images and motion pictures. With training in animation you can work in many areas for example movies and film-making and computer software design. Animation experts are also involved in producing visual entertainment in movies and cartoons, and for scientific and engineering modeling. With degree in animation you you will have the opportunity to learn about drawing and art, and how to use computer drawing and animation software. Various specializations include video game design degrees, graphic design, motion picture animation, and other areas.
Animation and Game Art Design Education and Training
Most animators start their specialized training by earning, an associate degree or bachelors degree in multimedia and animation. In animation courses you would have opportunities more about claymation and stop motion graphic, and digital animation, and pen and ink drawing animation. You also take animation courses on how motion is applied to sketches and 3D images and objects. Some animation courses might include:
- Foundation in drawing
- Color and visual design
- Character design
- 2-D design
- 3-D design
- Digital image editing
- Video editing
Animation career options include working in web design where animators use shapes and lighting to model the textures and movements of computer animations. Some examples of what you create are include e-cards, computer generated cartoons, and video games. Upon completion your degree you can choose to become an animator or illustrator for television shows, movie production, or educational and entertainment software developer.
Many employers seek graduates with an associate degree (or comparable certificate) or bachelor degrees in 3D animation and multimedia design, or a related field, and you can get this education at most art schools if you are considering careers in animation. With an animation masters degree you can work in supervision and management, as well as creative game design. Other careers with an animation degree vary by one’s area of specialization but most will require creativity and originality.
- Multimedia graphic designer
- 3D lighting specialist
- Web site developer
- 3D animator
- 3D texture artist
- 3D modeler
- Art directors
- Craft artists
- Game level designer
- Video post-production artist
- Special effects artist
As you gain experience you can sign up with creative design firms, or get freelance design contracts, or even your own business. It is therefore important to have a creative portfolio of your work as you work toward your animation degree.
Animation and Game Art Design Programs
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Digital Cinematography, Bachelor of Science
- And more...
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Art, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Mobile Gaming
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!