A business doctorate degree, also known as the DBA or doctor of business administration degree, goes beyond a masters in business administration (MBA) to gives students a competitive advantage. PhD programs and other doctoral degree programs are designed to be flexible and accommodating for busy professionals. Here we provide information on online business PhD programs from the various universities in the United States below and from individual resources on this site provided below. Business doctorate degree programs and courses prepare you in management philosophies, business risk management, managerial practices, and technology management to mention a few areas. The goals of the Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.) is to prepare graduates for positions of leadership in business, government, and policy , and other areas of practice. The rigor in the DBA program helps to provide doctoral candidates with added opportunities for reflection, critical analysis, application of emerging research and theory in business practice, and application of new knowledge and insights.
DBA Education and Training
The online DBA degree focuses on business research and development and requires students to take at least 50 graduate credit hours beyond the master’s (MBA) degree. In business doctoral programs, course comprise of fundamental courses, areas of specialization, dissertation hours, internship hours in some cases, and research courses. On average it takes anywhere from four years to seven years the business doctorate degree.
Completing your degree through an online doctoral program in business and management is an effective, efficient way to earn your degree and related academic qualifications. DBA courses in business doctorate degree teach you about management philosophies, taking business risks, managerial practices, and how technology influences businesses and their success. As with most MBA programs the business doctorate degree relies on case studies as part of the instructional approach.
Business doctorate degree courses may include human resource management, management theory, accounting, finance, purchasing and logistics, organization and production, and business decision-making, and marketing. Courses in organizational development, change management, knowldege management, and global business management are fairly common in many programs of study.
Courses in DBA prorgrams are just one dimenesion in the progrm of study. In genral students are rquuired to take a series of reearch courses in both quantitative and qualitative research methods. Students are generally also required to complete comprehensive exams, conduct research and complete a dissertation.
Careers with a DBA
In today’s global business world, gaining experience as well as related academic qualifications is important. Although an MBA degree programs can offer advanced training, more and more people are earning their MBA’s, hence, making the field more competitive, meaning that with a DBA or online business PhD you will stand out.
Doctor of Business Administration programs focus on the application of theory a opposed to the development of new theory such as in PhD programs hence have more practical application in managerial settings than the PhD.
Areas of practice with a doctorate business degree include corporations, companies, government, non-profit management etc. Other DBA holders choose to teach at the university and consult part-time for business corporations.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Growth
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics the median average salary of a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is about $150,000.This of course requires extensive experience and advanced academic qualifications, such as either a campus or business doctorate degree.
Online Doctoral programs in business provide mid-career business professionals with the opportunity update their career goals. Many of these positions are in areas like Information Technology, Global Management, Marketing, and Financing Management.
Business Doctoral Programs
- The Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) program is specially designed with insight from experienced faculty members and leading business practitioners.
- Already have a master’s in business or management? You may be eligible to apply credit for up to four courses toward your DBA, saving time and money.
- Students in the DBA program may choose from 16 specializations, including Entrepreneurship, Project Management, Marketing, Leadership, and more.
- The DBA program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- D.B.A. - Self-Designed
- D.B.A. in Social Impact Management
- D.B.A. - Project Management
- And more...
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Doctor of Business Administration
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Management - D.B.A.
- General Business - D.B.A.
- Management - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- And more...