A business doctorate degree, also known as the DBA or doctor of business administration degree, goes beyond a masters in business administration (MBA) to gives students a competitive advantage. PhD programs and other doctoral degree programs are designed to be flexible and accommodating for busy professionals. Here we provide information on online business PhD programs from the various universities in the United States below and from individual resources on this site provided below. Business doctorate degree programs and courses prepare you in management philosophies, business risk management, managerial practices, and technology management to mention a few areas. The goals of the Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.) is to prepare graduates for positions of leadership in business, government, and policy , and other areas of practice. The rigor in the DBA program helps to provide doctoral candidates with added opportunities for reflection, critical analysis, application of emerging research and theory in business practice, and application of new knowledge and insights.
DBA Education and Training
The online DBA degree focuses on business research and development and requires students to take at least 50 graduate credit hours beyond the master’s (MBA) degree. In business doctoral programs, course comprise of fundamental courses, areas of specialization, dissertation hours, internship hours in some cases, and research courses. On average it takes anywhere from four years to seven years the business doctorate degree.
Completing your degree through an online doctoral program in business and management is an effective, efficient way to earn your degree and related academic qualifications. DBA courses in business doctorate degree teach you about management philosophies, taking business risks, managerial practices, and how technology influences businesses and their success. As with most MBA programs the business doctorate degree relies on case studies as part of the instructional approach.
Business doctorate degree courses may include human resource management, management theory, accounting, finance, purchasing and logistics, organization and production, and business decision-making, and marketing. Courses in organizational development, change management, knowldege management, and global business management are fairly common in many programs of study.
Courses in DBA prorgrams are just one dimenesion in the progrm of study. In genral students are rquuired to take a series of reearch courses in both quantitative and qualitative research methods. Students are generally also required to complete comprehensive exams, conduct research and complete a dissertation.
Careers with a DBA
In today’s global business world, gaining experience as well as related academic qualifications is important. Although an MBA degree programs can offer advanced training, more and more people are earning their MBA’s, hence, making the field more competitive, meaning that with a DBA or online business PhD you will stand out.
Doctor of Business Administration programs focus on the application of theory a opposed to the development of new theory such as in PhD programs hence have more practical application in managerial settings than the PhD.
Areas of practice with a doctorate business degree include corporations, companies, government, non-profit management etc. Other DBA holders choose to teach at the university and consult part-time for business corporations.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Growth
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics the median average salary of a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is about $150,000.This of course requires extensive experience and advanced academic qualifications, such as either a campus or business doctorate degree.
Online Doctoral programs in business provide mid-career business professionals with the opportunity update their career goals. Many of these positions are in areas like Information Technology, Global Management, Marketing, and Financing Management.
Business Doctoral Programs
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Bridge (Doctor of Business Administration with an Emphasis in Data Analytics)
- Bridge (Doctor of Business Administration with an Emphasis in Marketing)
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- DBA in Project Management
- DBA in Human Resources
- DBA in Marketing
- And more...
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Are You a Natural Leader or Good with Numbers? Get Educated in the Business Field.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Business Administration & Management, Accounting, Marketing Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.