A business doctorate degree, also known as the DBA or doctor of business administration degree, goes beyond a masters in business administration (MBA) to gives students a competitive advantage. PhD programs and other doctoral degree programs are designed to be flexible and accommodating for busy professionals. Here we provide information on online business PhD programs from the various universities in the United States below and from individual resources on this site provided below. Business doctorate degree programs and courses prepare you in management philosophies, business risk management, managerial practices, and technology management to mention a few areas. The goals of the Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.) is to prepare graduates for positions of leadership in business, government, and policy , and other areas of practice. The rigor in the DBA program helps to provide doctoral candidates with added opportunities for reflection, critical analysis, application of emerging research and theory in business practice, and application of new knowledge and insights.
DBA Education and Training
The online DBA degree focuses on business research and development and requires students to take at least 50 graduate credit hours beyond the master’s (MBA) degree. In business doctoral programs, course comprise of fundamental courses, areas of specialization, dissertation hours, internship hours in some cases, and research courses. On average it takes anywhere from four years to seven years the business doctorate degree.
Completing your degree through an online doctoral program in business and management is an effective, efficient way to earn your degree and related academic qualifications. DBA courses in business doctorate degree teach you about management philosophies, taking business risks, managerial practices, and how technology influences businesses and their success. As with most MBA programs the business doctorate degree relies on case studies as part of the instructional approach.
Business doctorate degree courses may include human resource management, management theory, accounting, finance, purchasing and logistics, organization and production, and business decision-making, and marketing. Courses in organizational development, change management, knowldege management, and global business management are fairly common in many programs of study.
Courses in DBA prorgrams are just one dimenesion in the progrm of study. In genral students are rquuired to take a series of reearch courses in both quantitative and qualitative research methods. Students are generally also required to complete comprehensive exams, conduct research and complete a dissertation.
Careers with a DBA
In today’s global business world, gaining experience as well as related academic qualifications is important. Although an MBA degree programs can offer advanced training, more and more people are earning their MBA’s, hence, making the field more competitive, meaning that with a DBA or online business PhD you will stand out.
Doctor of Business Administration programs focus on the application of theory a opposed to the development of new theory such as in PhD programs hence have more practical application in managerial settings than the PhD.
Areas of practice with a doctorate business degree include corporations, companies, government, non-profit management etc. Other DBA holders choose to teach at the university and consult part-time for business corporations.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Growth
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics the median average salary of a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is about $150,000.This of course requires extensive experience and advanced academic qualifications, such as either a campus or business doctorate degree.
Online Doctoral programs in business provide mid-career business professionals with the opportunity update their career goals. Many of these positions are in areas like Information Technology, Global Management, Marketing, and Financing Management.
Business Doctoral Programs
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- DBA in Project Management
- DBA in Accounting
- DBA in Human Resources
- And more...
- Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA)
- Doctorate of Business Administration in Entrepreneurship and Business Management (DBAEBM)
- Doctorate of Business Administration in Healthcare Management and Leadership (DBAHCML)
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Accounting
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - International Business
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Leadership
- Everglades University
- Earn a Degree in Renewable Energy, Online or On-Campus. Get Info!
- Master's Degree in Business Administration
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Management - D.B.A.
- General Business - D.B.A.
- Management - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Master in Business Administration
You’re serious about success. Especially when it comes to pursuing an associate, bachelors or master’s degree you need to move your career forward. At AIU, the Serious U™, classes are taught by industry specialists who bring their real-world perspective to the classroom and will work with you one-on-one when you need it.
Powerful specialized curriculum
- More courses devoted to your field of interest, on average than at other similar schools
- Study anywhere, anytime and the way you learn best
Credit for work and military experiences to fulfill degree requirements
- You can transfer in up to 75% of your qualifying credits saving you up to 75% on your bachelor’s degree
Cost and value
- Our program costs include all required books, materials, and student fees
- No application cost
American InterContinental University® is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learning Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org.
- Master of Business Administration
You can receive a top-notch education in a flexible environment. Learn more about the Villanova online learning experience and the difference that sets us apart by further exploring our online programs.
Rankings- Villanova University is consistently ranked among the best in the nation
- The Villanova School of Business (VSB) was recognized among the top schools in the nation on the U.S. News & World Report's annual Best Online Graduate Business Programs ranking, earning the #1 rank.
- Villanova University was recognized among the top schools in the nation on the U.S. News & World Report's annual Best Online MBA Programs.
- Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law is approved by the Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar of the American Bar Association, 321 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60654, (312) 988-6738. 21 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60654, (312) 988-6738.
- Online Master of Business Administration
The Robert H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland is recognized by Bloomberg Businessweek and U.S. News & World Report as one of the nation’s Best Business Schools. Students who complete their master’s degree online become part of a network of over 60,000 Smith School alumni, including more than 8,500 MBA graduates, making them part of a powerful network of business connections.
- MBA - General
- MBA - Finance
- MBA - Accounting
- And more...
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
- MBA in Healthcare