Corporate training programs prepare trainers to work at the cutting edge of education. They develop and implement instructional programs and strategies that align with company goals to improve on their performance and bottom line. The business field is competitive, and in order to keep ahead of the competition, employees must be able to give their best. As businesses expand into the global economy, the need to have knowledgeable and motivated employees is key to success. Hence, the field of corporate training uses the latest in technology tools, adult education theory, and adult teaching methodology to further prepare employees to succeed in what they already do. By supporting the professional development of employees, corporate trainers work to increase employee productivity and retention.
Corporate Training Education Programs
Corporate training and development programs include graduate certificates, master degrees and PhD degrees in education and training. The specializations in corporate training programs are performance improvement and human performance technology, corporate training, instructional design, learning management, and knowledge management.
A majority of corporate trainers some background in teaching or training. Many go on to earn a corporate training masters degree or related area such as instructional design. They also have an understanding of adult learning theory or andragogy, as well as technologies used in teaching and learning (e-learning).
Although certification may not be required for most positions, most companies require employees to have at least a bachelor degree, and in some positions a master’s degree in an education related field or an MBA degree is required.
Corporate training degrees often have a focus in a certain area, for example human resource management, public relations, and strategic operational and planning processes.
Corporate Training Courses
Corporate training courses may include:
- Human Resource Development
- Training Program Management
- Program Evaluation and Assessment
- Project Management
- Educational Technology
- Knowledge Management
Other corporate training courses may include time management, interpersonal communication, communication skills, negotiation training, and conflict resolution. While some corporate trainers work as consultants and travel to give seminars at different companies, more and more companies are emphasizing in-house corporate training with new positions such as chief learning officer (CLO) and chief knowledge officer (CKO). Corporate trainers also work in non-profit organizations and government agencies.
Corporate Training Careers
Corporate training professionals design and develop training and development programs that align with organizational goals. The goal is to create a learning culture within the organization. Corporate training job titles may include:
- Training and Development Specialist
- Training Manager
- Chief Learning Office (CLO)
- Chief Knowledge Officer (CKO)
- E-Learning Specialist
- Project Manager
- Technical Trainer
- Customer Service Trainer
- Organizational Development Consultant
- Instructional Designer
- Training Director
Corporate Training and Related Programs
- Boldly pursue your future in business with an online degree from Post University
- Degrees at all levels with concentrations in Finance, Marketing, and much more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Certificate: H.R. Management
- Master of Business Administration - Leadership
- Master of Business Administration - Multidisciplinary
- And more...
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Human Resource Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Management
- MBA - Management
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Human Resource Management
- Master of Business Administration - Human Resource Management
- Master of Business Administration
- And more...
- Johnson & Wales Online - Learn on your schedule
- Focus on Your Future - Earn Your Master's Degree 100% Online from JWU!
- MS Human Resource Management
- MBA Human Resource Management
- MBA - Organizational Leadership
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- DBA in Human Resources
- MBA - Human Resources
- BS: Business Administration - Human Resources
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.B.A.: Strategic Human Resource Management
- M.B.A.: Leadership
- M.B.A. and M.S. in Leadership (Dual Degree)
- And more...
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Bachelor of Science in Human Resources Management
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- And more...
The Robert H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland is recognized by Bloomberg Businessweek and U.S. News & World Report as one of the nation’s Best Business Schools. Students who complete their master’s degree online become part of a network of over 60,000 Smith School alumni, including more than 8,500 MBA graduates, making them part of a powerful network of business connections.
- MBA - General
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) offers career relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs for working adults and nontraditional learners.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- Bachelors in Human Resource Management
- Graduate Certificate - Human Resource Management
- Master - Human Resource Management
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Human Resources Management
- Human Resources Management - MBA
- Human Resources Management - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- And more...