Corporate training programs prepare trainers to work at the cutting edge of education. They develop and implement instructional programs and strategies that align with company goals to improve on their performance and bottom line. The business field is competitive, and in order to keep ahead of the competition, employees must be able to give their best. As businesses expand into the global economy, the need to have knowledgeable and motivated employees is key to success. Hence, the field of corporate training uses the latest in technology tools, adult education theory, and adult teaching methodology to further prepare employees to succeed in what they already do. By supporting the professional development of employees, corporate trainers work to increase employee productivity and retention.
Corporate Training Education Programs
Corporate training and development programs include graduate certificates, master degrees and PhD degrees in education and training. The specializations in corporate training programs are performance improvement and human performance technology, corporate training, instructional design, learning management, and knowledge management.
A majority of corporate trainers some background in teaching or training. Many go on to earn a corporate training masters degree or related area such as instructional design. They also have an understanding of adult learning theory or andragogy, as well as technologies used in teaching and learning (e-learning).
Although certification may not be required for most positions, most companies require employees to have at least a bachelor degree, and in some positions a master’s degree in an education related field or an MBA degree is required.
Corporate training degrees often have a focus in a certain area, for example human resource management, public relations, and strategic operational and planning processes.
Corporate Training Courses
Corporate training courses may include:
- Human Resource Development
- Training Program Management
- Program Evaluation and Assessment
- Project Management
- Educational Technology
- Knowledge Management
Other corporate training courses may include time management, interpersonal communication, communication skills, negotiation training, and conflict resolution. While some corporate trainers work as consultants and travel to give seminars at different companies, more and more companies are emphasizing in-house corporate training with new positions such as chief learning officer (CLO) and chief knowledge officer (CKO). Corporate trainers also work in non-profit organizations and government agencies.
Corporate Training Careers
Corporate training professionals design and develop training and development programs that align with organizational goals. The goal is to create a learning culture within the organization. Corporate training job titles may include:
- Training and Development Specialist
- Training Manager
- Chief Learning Office (CLO)
- Chief Knowledge Officer (CKO)
- E-Learning Specialist
- Project Manager
- Technical Trainer
- Customer Service Trainer
- Organizational Development Consultant
- Instructional Designer
- Training Director
Corporate Training and Related Programs
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Strategic Human Resource Management
- M.B.A.: Leadership
- M.B.A. and M.S. in Leadership (Dual Degree)
- And more...
- Our top-ranking program blends modern business theory with real-world experience
- Institutionally accredited by SACSCOC with ACBSP graduate business program accreditation
- High-quality, Christ-centered education with online and select on-campus & evening courses
- Qualifying bachelor's students can transfer up to 90 credit hours into their degree program
- 86% of Regent students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science in Business - HR Management
- Master of Business Administration - Human Resources Management
- Master of Business Administration - Leadership
- And more...
- Top-ranked online MBA
- As few as 24 months to complete
- GMAT waivers for experienced professionalsin 24 months.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Six concentrations available
- AACSB accredited
- Master of Business Adminitration (MBA)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- DBA in Human Resources
- MBA - Human Resources
- BS: Business Administration - Human Resources
- And more...
- Our online program blends modern business theory with real-world applications
- SACS accredited with associate's, baccalaureate, & master's degrees & diplomas
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Ranked one of the best for vets business schools by Military Times
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Business Administration - Bachelor's
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Human Resources Management - MBA
- Human Resources Management - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Human Resources Management - D.B.A.
- And more...
- Suit Up! Success Waits For No One!
- Take Action Now! Find The Perfect Business Program For You
- Get Matched For Free Today!