Corporate training programs prepare trainers to work at the cutting edge of education. They develop and implement instructional programs and strategies that align with company goals to improve on their performance and bottom line. The business field is competitive, and in order to keep ahead of the competition, employees must be able to give their best. As businesses expand into the global economy, the need to have knowledgeable and motivated employees is key to success. Hence, the field of corporate training uses the latest in technology tools, adult education theory, and adult teaching methodology to further prepare employees to succeed in what they already do. By supporting the professional development of employees, corporate trainers work to increase employee productivity and retention.
Corporate Training Education Programs
Corporate training and development programs include graduate certificates, master degrees and PhD degrees in education and training. The specializations in corporate training programs are performance improvement and human performance technology, corporate training, instructional design, learning management, and knowledge management.
A majority of corporate trainers some background in teaching or training. Many go on to earn a corporate training masters degree or related area such as instructional design. They also have an understanding of adult learning theory or andragogy, as well as technologies used in teaching and learning (e-learning).
Although certification may not be required for most positions, most companies require employees to have at least a bachelor degree, and in some positions a master’s degree in an education related field or an MBA degree is required.
Corporate training degrees often have a focus in a certain area, for example human resource management, public relations, and strategic operational and planning processes.
Corporate Training Courses
Corporate training courses may include:
- Human Resource Development
- Training Program Management
- Program Evaluation and Assessment
- Project Management
- Educational Technology
- Knowledge Management
Other corporate training courses may include time management, interpersonal communication, communication skills, negotiation training, and conflict resolution. While some corporate trainers work as consultants and travel to give seminars at different companies, more and more companies are emphasizing in-house corporate training with new positions such as chief learning officer (CLO) and chief knowledge officer (CKO). Corporate trainers also work in non-profit organizations and government agencies.
Corporate Training Careers
Corporate training professionals design and develop training and development programs that align with organizational goals. The goal is to create a learning culture within the organization. Corporate training job titles may include:
- Training and Development Specialist
- Training Manager
- Chief Learning Office (CLO)
- Chief Knowledge Officer (CKO)
- E-Learning Specialist
- Project Manager
- Technical Trainer
- Customer Service Trainer
- Organizational Development Consultant
- Instructional Designer
- Training Director
Corporate Training and Related Programs
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.B.A. in Human Resource Management
- D.B.A. - Human Resource Management
- M.S. in Human Resource Management - Functional Human Resource Management
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.B.A.: Strategic Human Resource Management
- M.B.A.: Leadership
- M.B.A. and M.S. in Leadership (Dual Degree)
- And more...
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Human Resource Management
- Master of Business Administration - Human Resource Management
- Master of Business Administration
- And more...
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Business Administration - Bachelor's
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Bachelor of Science in Business - HR Management
- Master of Business Administration - Human Resources Management
- Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership - Human Resource Development
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- MBA Nursing Administration and Leadership (MBA) - Online
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Business Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Marketing and Advertising, Business Information Systems Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Business Administration and Management Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!