Corporate training programs prepare trainers to work at the cutting edge of education. They develop and implement instructional programs and strategies that align with company goals to improve on their performance and bottom line. The business field is competitive, and in order to keep ahead of the competition, employees must be able to give their best. As businesses expand into the global economy, the need to have knowledgeable and motivated employees is key to success. Hence, the field of corporate training uses the latest in technology tools, adult education theory, and adult teaching methodology to further prepare employees to succeed in what they already do. By supporting the professional development of employees, corporate trainers work to increase employee productivity and retention.
Corporate Training Education Programs
Corporate training and development programs include graduate certificates, master degrees and PhD degrees in education and training. The specializations in corporate training programs are performance improvement and human performance technology, corporate training, instructional design, learning management, and knowledge management.
A majority of corporate trainers some background in teaching or training. Many go on to earn a corporate training masters degree or related area such as instructional design. They also have an understanding of adult learning theory or andragogy, as well as technologies used in teaching and learning (e-learning).
Although certification may not be required for most positions, most companies require employees to have at least a bachelor degree, and in some positions a master’s degree in an education related field or an MBA degree is required.
Corporate training degrees often have a focus in a certain area, for example human resource management, public relations, and strategic operational and planning processes.
Corporate Training Courses
Corporate training courses may include:
- Human Resource Development
- Training Program Management
- Program Evaluation and Assessment
- Project Management
- Educational Technology
- Knowledge Management
Other corporate training courses may include time management, interpersonal communication, communication skills, negotiation training, and conflict resolution. While some corporate trainers work as consultants and travel to give seminars at different companies, more and more companies are emphasizing in-house corporate training with new positions such as chief learning officer (CLO) and chief knowledge officer (CKO). Corporate trainers also work in non-profit organizations and government agencies.
Corporate Training Careers
Corporate training professionals design and develop training and development programs that align with organizational goals. The goal is to create a learning culture within the organization. Corporate training job titles may include:
- Training and Development Specialist
- Training Manager
- Chief Learning Office (CLO)
- Chief Knowledge Officer (CKO)
- E-Learning Specialist
- Project Manager
- Technical Trainer
- Customer Service Trainer
- Organizational Development Consultant
- Instructional Designer
- Training Director
Corporate Training and Related Programs
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S. in Human Resource Management - Functional Human Resource Management
- M.S. in Human Resource Management - Integrating Functional & Strategic Human Resource Management
- M.S. in Human Resource Management - Organizational Strategy
- And more...
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Human Resources
- BS in Business Administration - Human Resources
- MBA - Human Resources
- And more...
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Human Resource Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Management
- MBA - Management
- Our online program blends modern business theory with real-world applications
- SACS accredited with associate's, baccalaureate, & master's degrees & diplomas
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Ranked one of the best for vets business schools by Military Times
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Business Administration - Bachelor's
At SNHU, we believe everyone should have greater access to higher education. That’s why we offer over 200 accredited degree programs, flexible class schedules, and some of the lowest online tuition rates in the nation. We offer military tuition discounts up to 30% toward online undergraduate and graduate degree programs for U.S. service members, both full and part time, and the spouses of those on active duty.
- MS Human Resource Management
- MBA with concentration in Human Resources
- IMBA - Human Resources
- And more...
- Master of Business Administration in Organizational Development and Human Resource Management (MBAODHRM)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes. 100% Free Match to Top Colleges.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You'll Love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!