Corporate training programs prepare trainers to work at the cutting edge of education. They develop and implement instructional programs and strategies that align with company goals to improve on their performance and bottom line. The business field is competitive, and in order to keep ahead of the competition, employees must be able to give their best. As businesses expand into the global economy, the need to have knowledgeable and motivated employees is key to success. Hence, the field of corporate training uses the latest in technology tools, adult education theory, and adult teaching methodology to further prepare employees to succeed in what they already do. By supporting the professional development of employees, corporate trainers work to increase employee productivity and retention.
Corporate Training Education Programs
Corporate training and development programs include graduate certificates, master degrees and PhD degrees in education and training. The specializations in corporate training programs are performance improvement and human performance technology, corporate training, instructional design, learning management, and knowledge management.
A majority of corporate trainers some background in teaching or training. Many go on to earn a corporate training masters degree or related area such as instructional design. They also have an understanding of adult learning theory or andragogy, as well as technologies used in teaching and learning (e-learning).
Although certification may not be required for most positions, most companies require employees to have at least a bachelor degree, and in some positions a master’s degree in an education related field or an MBA degree is required.
Corporate training degrees often have a focus in a certain area, for example human resource management, public relations, and strategic operational and planning processes.
Corporate Training Courses
Corporate training courses may include:
- Human Resource Development
- Training Program Management
- Program Evaluation and Assessment
- Project Management
- Educational Technology
- Knowledge Management
Other corporate training courses may include time management, interpersonal communication, communication skills, negotiation training, and conflict resolution. While some corporate trainers work as consultants and travel to give seminars at different companies, more and more companies are emphasizing in-house corporate training with new positions such as chief learning officer (CLO) and chief knowledge officer (CKO). Corporate trainers also work in non-profit organizations and government agencies.
Corporate Training Careers
Corporate training professionals design and develop training and development programs that align with organizational goals. The goal is to create a learning culture within the organization. Corporate training job titles may include:
- Training and Development Specialist
- Training Manager
- Chief Learning Office (CLO)
- Chief Knowledge Officer (CKO)
- E-Learning Specialist
- Project Manager
- Technical Trainer
- Customer Service Trainer
- Organizational Development Consultant
- Instructional Designer
- Training Director
Corporate Training and Related Programs
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Human Resources
- MBA - Human Resources
- BS in Business Administration - Human Resources
- And more...
- Bachelor's and master's level Business programs are available online and on campus.
- Courses are designed to teach practical business solutions, with a career-focused curriculum.
- Students can study in areas such as business, applied management, and business administration.
- Experienced professionals equip students with a working knowledge of marketing, financing, accounting, and sales.
- Students who have graduated high school in or before 2015 are eligible to apply.
- Diploma - Business
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Human Resource Management
- MBA - Human Resource Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Management
- And more...
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Human Resource Management
- Master of Business Administration - Human Resource Management
- Master of Business Administration
- And more...
- 100% online format, with no fixed class times, means you can earn your degree at your pace, on your schedule, while still working full-time.
- Monthly term starts and accelerated 8-week courses so that your ideal course schedule can fit around your other commitments.
- The B.S. in Business Management program draws from the areas management, marketing, operations, and finance.
- Through various case studies and discussions with your classmates and faculty, you will be able to apply the theories and best practices you are learning to real-world business situations.
- 84% of our faculty members hold terminal degrees. In addition to their academic training, instructors have years of experience working in their field
- Every instructor has been specially trained in the technology and teaching methods that work best in CSU-Global’s 100% online learning environment.
- Bachelors in Human Resource Management
- Graduate Certificate - Human Resource Management
- Master - Human Resource Management
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies
#1 Best Online College
Northern Arizona University understands the need for flexibility in your learning journey. You can earn your degree alongside life’s commitments by enrolling in NAU Online. With 80+ degree options available, you’re sure to find the perfect degree to match your career goals!
- Small Business Administration - BBA
Concordia University, Nebraska offers accredited Master of Education and Master of Science degree programs online to help advance your career and become a transformative leader. Our M.Ed. and M.S. programs offer the knowledge and skills required in today’s competitive marketplace. These graduate degree programs are also practitioner-based: study real world solutions in class you can also apply to your current job. A reliable online learning system allows you to learn with other adult students, around your own schedule, and wherever you connect online.
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Human Resources Management
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Leadership and Managing Teams through Change
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Risk Management
- And more...
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Science in Management : Human Resources
- Master of Business Administration : Human Resources
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration : Human Resources
- And more...
Named a “Best College” by U.S. News & World Report, The Princeton Review, and Forbes, Simmons College has earned a reputation for providing a pioneering liberal arts education for undergraduates integrated with professional work experience.