Education degrees offer many options including teaching and educational administration. This can be pursued at the bachelor, master or doctoral degree level.For most teaching and educational leadership jobs a teaching certification or teacher licensure is required. in most states in order to work in the public school system. Early childhood education, elementary education, secondary education, and post-secondary education are different levels in which teachers can specialize. Degrees are offered at the associate degree in education, bachelor degree in education (B.ED), masters (MEd, MA), specialist (EDS), and doctoral level (PhD and Ed.D) Education degrees online such as educational leadership and administration will prepare you for principal and management roles. Request information on the Doctorate in Education or a master degree in education. As you can see from the offering below, there are many areas in education that you can specialize in.
K-12 and Teacher Preparation Programs
In particular masters and doctorate degrees in education provide you with a solid foundation for participating as an educator or administrator in various career paths for all levels of educational practitioners, including K-12, higher education and corporate learning.Educational Preparation and Training.
For example, those who pursue Instructional Technology learn to integrate multimedia into instruction while those who pursue curriculum and instruction become experts in curriculum design and delivery. Bachelor’s level education degrees online prepare you for classroom teaching at the K-12 level in various disciplines. Education degrees online are also available for those who want to work in special education.
Courses vary by program, but one can expect to take courses in educational psychology, child development, adolescent psychology, classroom management, pedagogy, instructional strategies, assessment and evaluation, and methods courses. In addition, a practicum experience would also be required before one can graduate and take the teacher certification exam.
Careers in Education
Education careers are widely varied and the education field offers many opportunities. Teachers can work in early, middle, or secondary K-12 schools, move into management and administrative positions for example school principal or schools superintendent at the district level.
There are also opportunities for education professionals to specialize in creating teacher material as curriculum designers, working in teacher education or working in educational technology or instructional design. To be impact-full teachers and other educators must be be dedicated, knowledgeable in their subject mater, and have great interpersonal skills.
Teaching and Education Programs
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- MA in Teaching (for Aspiring Teachers Grades 5-12)
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- Undergraduate in Early Childhood
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Curriculum and Teaching - EdS
- E-Learning - EdS
- General Education - Master of Education
- And more...
Online Learning at Concordia University–Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction: Community Engagement in Education
- And more...
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Early Childhood Education - Associate in Specialized Business
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Education Specialist in Educational Leadership
- Master of Science in Education, Teaching and Learning
- Master of Science in Education, Career College Administration
- And more...
- Education Assistant
- Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Education
Fordham University’s online Master of Science in Teaching (M.S.T.) program prepares aspiring teachers (grades 1–6) to address the needs of today’s students. In addition to providing essential skills and experience, the M.S.T. program prepares students seeking initial teaching certification. The program offers two tracks: an M.S.T. in Childhood Education and an M.S.T. in Childhood Special Education (Dual Certification). Both combine live classes, interactive coursework, and placement experiences to prepare students to become effective teachers.
- MS in Teaching-Childhood Education
- MS in Teaching-Childhood SPED
For more than 125 years, the University of Saint Francis has helped students gain the knowledge and skills they need to fulfill personal dreams and achieve professional desires. Our online degree programs are built for convenience and flexibility (most degrees can be completed in 12 months) as well as affordability and quality. That’s why we’re ranked nationally for ROI to help you look forward to a purposeful life and career.
- Transition to Teaching - Special Education
- Transition to Teaching - Secondary Education
- Master of Arts in Teaching (Secondary Education) - Non Licensure
- And more...