Education degrees offer many options including teaching and educational administration. This can be pursued at the bachelor, master or doctoral degree level.For most teaching and educational leadership jobs a teaching certification or teacher licensure is required. in most states in order to work in the public school system. Early childhood education, elementary education, secondary education, and post-secondary education are different levels in which teachers can specialize. Degrees are offered at the associate degree in education, bachelor degree in education (B.ED), masters (MEd, MA), specialist (EDS), and doctoral level (PhD and Ed.D) Education degrees online such as educational leadership and administration will prepare you for principal and management roles. Request information on the Doctorate in Education or a master degree in education. As you can see from the offering below, there are many areas in education that you can specialize in.
K-12 and Teacher Preparation Programs
In particular masters and doctorate degrees in education provide you with a solid foundation for participating as an educator or administrator in various career paths for all levels of educational practitioners, including K-12, higher education and corporate learning.Educational Preparation and Training.
For example, those who pursue Instructional Technology learn to integrate multimedia into instruction while those who pursue curriculum and instruction become experts in curriculum design and delivery. Bachelor’s level education degrees online prepare you for classroom teaching at the K-12 level in various disciplines. Education degrees online are also available for those who want to work in special education.
Courses vary by program, but one can expect to take courses in educational psychology, child development, adolescent psychology, classroom management, pedagogy, instructional strategies, assessment and evaluation, and methods courses. In addition, a practicum experience would also be required before one can graduate and take the teacher certification exam.
Careers in Education
Education careers are widely varied and the education field offers many opportunities. Teachers can work in early, middle, or secondary K-12 schools, move into management and administrative positions for example school principal or schools superintendent at the district level.
There are also opportunities for education professionals to specialize in creating teacher material as curriculum designers, working in teacher education or working in educational technology or instructional design. To be impact-full teachers and other educators must be be dedicated, knowledgeable in their subject mater, and have great interpersonal skills.
Teaching and Education Programs
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Educational Studies (NITL)
- B.S. in Math for Secondary Education
- B.S. in Business for Secondary Education (ITL)
- And more...
- Post brings 127+ years of campus success to flexible online degrees in Education
- 100% online with degrees at all levels
- Connect with other professionals in education around the world and across industries
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- Master of Education
- Master of Education / Online Teaching
- Master of Education - TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA in Education (Non-Licensure)
- Bachelor of Science: Early Childhood Education in Interdisciplinary Studies
- Doctor of Education: Curriculum and Instruction
- And more...
Online Learning at Concordia University–Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Trauma and Resilience in Educational Settings
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- And more...
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- MA in Teaching (for Aspiring Teachers Grades 5-12)
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- Undergraduate in Early Childhood
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Early Childhood Education, ESL/TESOL, Special Education, Education Leadership and Administration, and Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Education and Teaching Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Education and Teaching Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!