Education degrees offer many options including teaching and educational administration. This can be pursued at the bachelor, master or doctoral degree level.For most teaching and educational leadership jobs a teaching certification or teacher licensure is required. in most states in order to work in the public school system. Early childhood education, elementary education, secondary education, and post-secondary education are different levels in which teachers can specialize. Degrees are offered at the associate degree in education, bachelor degree in education (B.ED), masters (MEd, MA), specialist (EDS), and doctoral level (PhD and Ed.D) Education degrees online such as educational leadership and administration will prepare you for principal and management roles. Request information on the Doctorate in Education or a master degree in education. As you can see from the offering below, there are many areas in education that you can specialize in.
K-12 and Teacher Preparation Programs
In particular masters and doctorate degrees in education provide you with a solid foundation for participating as an educator or administrator in various career paths for all levels of educational practitioners, including K-12, higher education and corporate learning.Educational Preparation and Training.
For example, those who pursue Instructional Technology learn to integrate multimedia into instruction while those who pursue curriculum and instruction become experts in curriculum design and delivery. Bachelor’s level education degrees online prepare you for classroom teaching at the K-12 level in various disciplines. Education degrees online are also available for those who want to work in special education.
Courses vary by program, but one can expect to take courses in educational psychology, child development, adolescent psychology, classroom management, pedagogy, instructional strategies, assessment and evaluation, and methods courses. In addition, a practicum experience would also be required before one can graduate and take the teacher certification exam.
Careers in Education
Education careers are widely varied and the education field offers many opportunities. Teachers can work in early, middle, or secondary K-12 schools, move into management and administrative positions for example school principal or schools superintendent at the district level.
There are also opportunities for education professionals to specialize in creating teacher material as curriculum designers, working in teacher education or working in educational technology or instructional design. To be impact-full teachers and other educators must be be dedicated, knowledgeable in their subject mater, and have great interpersonal skills.
Teaching and Education Programs
The oldest university in the state of Mississippi, MC seeks to lift up the teachings of Jesus Christ in a premier academic environment at an affordable price. Our aim is to infuse Christ into every aspect of our culture – in the classroom, throughout campus life, and in the hearts of our students. Our online programs provide working adults the flexibility and opportunity they need to further their career. Life can be hectic, especially when challenging personal commitments with work and family arise. Simply said, many adults need a full-time online program in order for them to reach their academic goals.
- Master of Education in Curriculum & Instruction Online
- Master of Education in Elementary Education Online
- Master of Education in Special Education Online
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MED: Curriculum and Instruction: General Education
- MED: Curriculum and Instruction: Elementary Education
- Doctor of Education: Curriculum and Instruction
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Master of Science in Education, Online Teaching and Learning
EWU—a regional, comprehensive public university located in Cheney, Washington—is a driving force for the culture, economy and vitality of the Inland Northwest region. A focus on personal attention, faculty excellence, and community collaboration allows EWU to accomplish its mission for preparing well-rounded students to hit the ground running in their chosen career fields.
- M.Ed. Curriculum & Instruction
- M.Ed. Early Childhood Ed
- M.Ed. Literacy
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- E-Learning - EdS
- General Education - Doctor of Education
- International Education - EdS
- And more...
Online Learning at Concordia University–Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Curriculum & Instruction: Early Childhood Education
- And more...
- Early Childhood Education
At Arkansas State, we produce more than graduates-we combine the theory with the practice to create innovators and leaders of tomorrow.
With 11 colleges representing all major academic disciplines, a student population of more than 14,000 and 700 faculty, Arkansas State is a global center of learning for some of the most important emerging technologies and new sciences shaping the future of our world.
- Master of Science in Education in Gifted, Talented, and Creative
- Master of Science in Education in Curriculum & Instruction
- Master of Science in Education in Educational Theory & Practice
- And more...
LSU Shreveport is a proud member of the acclaimed LSU University System. With LSUS, you can find the graduate program that fits your lifestyle and your career goals. You can open the door to new career opportunities without putting your life on hold.
Top Reasons to Enroll:
- A degree earned from LSUS carries with it the stellar reputation of the LSU University System at a fraction of the cost of comparable programs.
- Accelerated program that can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Ability to customize your MBA to your career goals
- Courses are taught by the same distinguished on-campus faculty
- M. Ed. General Online