Education degrees offer many options including teaching and educational administration. This can be pursued at the bachelor, master or doctoral degree level.For most teaching and educational leadership jobs a teaching certification or teacher licensure is required. in most states in order to work in the public school system. Early childhood education, elementary education, secondary education, and post-secondary education are different levels in which teachers can specialize. Degrees are offered at the associate degree in education, bachelor degree in education (B.ED), masters (MEd, MA), specialist (EDS), and doctoral level (PhD and Ed.D) Education degrees online such as educational leadership and administration will prepare you for principal and management roles. Request information on the Doctorate in Education or a master degree in education. As you can see from the offering below, there are many areas in education that you can specialize in.
K-12 and Teacher Preparation Programs
In particular masters and doctorate degrees in education provide you with a solid foundation for participating as an educator or administrator in various career paths for all levels of educational practitioners, including K-12, higher education and corporate learning.Educational Preparation and Training.
For example, those who pursue Instructional Technology learn to integrate multimedia into instruction while those who pursue curriculum and instruction become experts in curriculum design and delivery. Bachelor’s level education degrees online prepare you for classroom teaching at the K-12 level in various disciplines. Education degrees online are also available for those who want to work in special education.
Courses vary by program, but one can expect to take courses in educational psychology, child development, adolescent psychology, classroom management, pedagogy, instructional strategies, assessment and evaluation, and methods courses. In addition, a practicum experience would also be required before one can graduate and take the teacher certification exam.
Careers in Education
Education careers are widely varied and the education field offers many opportunities. Teachers can work in early, middle, or secondary K-12 schools, move into management and administrative positions for example school principal or schools superintendent at the district level.
There are also opportunities for education professionals to specialize in creating teacher material as curriculum designers, working in teacher education or working in educational technology or instructional design. To be impact-full teachers and other educators must be be dedicated, knowledgeable in their subject mater, and have great interpersonal skills.
Teaching and Education Programs
- Want to be a Teacher or Educational Administrator? Learn why GCU could be the best place to start! Here's why:
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate education programs, including TESOL, early childhood ed, elementary ed, secondary ed & more.
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both. We also offer evening classes!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Financial Options: Numerous financing options available, including scholarships for academic achievement.
- B.S. in Educational Studies (Does Not Lead to Teacher Licensure)
- B.S. in Early Childhood
- M.A. in Reading with an Emphasis in Elementary Education
- And more...
- Education programs include BA in Education Studies, BA in Child Development, and MA in Education.
- Students can specialize in areas such as Education and Public Policy, Instructional Design, and Early Childhood Education.
- Courses cover concepts such as phonics, curriculum development, instruction for English language learners, and more.
- Flexible, online courses allow students to pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- BA/Education Studies
- MA/Education - No Specialization
- BA/Library Science and Media
- And more...
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to engage in a collaborative learning environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- Undergraduate in Early Childhood
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Administration
- And more...
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education*
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Leadership Coaching and Mentoring
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Coaching and Mentoring
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Secondary Education
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Elementary Education
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education, Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
- MA in Education
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education, Distance Learning
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) recently received state approval to enroll students with little to no prior college experience. To help ensure student success, the university has created a program especially for these students who plan on starting their college experience for the first time with us.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- MS - Teaching and Learning
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction Equity, Ethics, and Justice
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Common Core State Standards Instructional Leader
- And more...
- Early Childhood Education