Education degrees offer many options including teaching and educational administration. This can be pursued at the bachelor, master or doctoral degree level.For most teaching and educational leadership jobs a teaching certification or teacher licensure is required. in most states in order to work in the public school system. Early childhood education, elementary education, secondary education, and post-secondary education are different levels in which teachers can specialize. Degrees are offered at the associate degree in education, bachelor degree in education (B.ED), masters (MEd, MA), specialist (EDS), and doctoral level (PhD and Ed.D) Education degrees online such as educational leadership and administration will prepare you for principal and management roles. Request information on the Doctorate in Education or a master degree in education. As you can see from the offering below, there are many areas in education that you can specialize in.
K-12 and Teacher Preparation Programs
In particular masters and doctorate degrees in education provide you with a solid foundation for participating as an educator or administrator in various career paths for all levels of educational practitioners, including K-12, higher education and corporate learning.Educational Preparation and Training.
For example, those who pursue Instructional Technology learn to integrate multimedia into instruction while those who pursue curriculum and instruction become experts in curriculum design and delivery. Bachelor’s level education degrees online prepare you for classroom teaching at the K-12 level in various disciplines. Education degrees online are also available for those who want to work in special education.
Courses vary by program, but one can expect to take courses in educational psychology, child development, adolescent psychology, classroom management, pedagogy, instructional strategies, assessment and evaluation, and methods courses. In addition, a practicum experience would also be required before one can graduate and take the teacher certification exam.
Careers in Education
Education careers are widely varied and the education field offers many opportunities. Teachers can work in early, middle, or secondary K-12 schools, move into management and administrative positions for example school principal or schools superintendent at the district level.
There are also opportunities for education professionals to specialize in creating teacher material as curriculum designers, working in teacher education or working in educational technology or instructional design. To be impact-full teachers and other educators must be be dedicated, knowledgeable in their subject mater, and have great interpersonal skills.
Teaching and Education Programs
- Post brings 127+ years of campus success to flexible online degrees in Education
- 100% online with degrees at all levels
- Connect with other professionals in education around the world and across industries
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- Master of Education - TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- B.S. in Child Studies
- Make the impact through teaching you always knew you could at Keiser University
- Find degree programs in Education including Elementary Education and Leadership
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Some degrees are taught in multiple languages including Spanish
- Master of Science in Education
- Master of Science in Education, Online Teaching and Learning
- PhD in Educational Leadership
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Doctor of Education (EDD)
- M.S. in Early Childhood Studies - Teaching Adults in the Early Childhood Field
- Doctor of Education - Early Childhood Education
- And more...
- Personalized learning that’s guided by industry trends
- Technology-driven approach designed to help you reach your potential
- Access to real-world learning and strong thought leadership
- Convenient ways to complete your degree even with a busy schedule
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- E-Learning - EdS
- MEd - Reading Education
- General Education - Doctor of Education
- And more...
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Education in Higher Education
Online Learning at Concordia University–Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Curriculum & Instruction: Early Childhood Education
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MED: Curriculum and Instruction: General Education
- MED: Curriculum and Instruction: Elementary Education
- Doctor of Education: Curriculum and Instruction
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- MA in Teaching (for Aspiring Teachers Grades 5-12)
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- Undergraduate in Early Childhood
For nearly a century, Columbia International University has educated people from a biblical worldview to impact the nations with the message of Christ. Today we continue that effort, offering 21 degree programs for residential undergraduate students, as well as graduate and seminary programs, professional certificates, and convenient online programs for working adults.
- Master of Education (Instruction & Learning)
- Ph.D. in Educational Leadership