Learn about the many options within an education masters online degree and the different areas of specialization that you can take courses in, depending on your area of interest. The masters degree in education is offered in different specializations that include the Masters in Education (MEd), Master of Arts in Education (M. A.), Master of Science in Education (M. S./MSc.), and the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.). Some concentrations in education degree programs are eligible for Institutional Recommendation/Credential (With IR and Cert). Here we provide an overview of various masters in education programs that include: educational administration, educational leadership, curriculum and instruction (C&I), elementary education, early childhood education, special education, secondary education, educational technology, K-12 education. Get detailed information for the program of your interest in various areas of an education masters online. You can start by reviewing the schools listed below.
Masters Education and Training
While it is possible to teach with a bachelors degree in education and teacher licensure, many teachers earn an education masters online degree so as to become more specialized in their area of teaching as well as to keep current with instructional methodology and pedagogy. In addition they are able to increase their annual salaries with more educational training, as well as getting promotions to positions like assistant principal and school principals.
The online education courses will therefore vary by specialization according to each education masters online, although some specific courses may include educational research, advanced teaching methods courses, instructional technology, assessment and evaluation, and classroom management techniques.
Areas of Focus in Education
With an education masters online degree you can specialize in various areas including:
- Education counseling
- Education psychology
- Education management
- Educational leadership
- Instructional design
- Education master’s in educational technology
- Education masters degrees in special education
- Education training
- Music education degree
Careers in Education and Teaching
A master’s degree in K-12 teaching and instruction increases career opportunities, employability, and income in teaching careers. Earning an education masters online degree also qualifies teachers who have an an education masters online degree for to work in management, administrative and leadership positions, as well as educational consulting opportunities.
Graduates with an education masters online degree can also move into positions in curriculum development, instructional coordination, educational technologists, school principals, and assessment, measurement, and evaluation. Areas of employment with an education masters online degree include mathematics education, science education, special education, and school administration positions.
Masters in Education Programs
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.A. in Reading with an Emphasis in Elementary Education
- M.A. in Reading with an Emphasis in Secondary Education
- M.A. in Autism Spectrum Disorders
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to engage in a collaborative learning environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- MA in Teaching (for Aspiring Teachers Grades 5-12)
- Education programs include BA in Education Studies, BA in Child Development, and MA in Education.
- Students can specialize in areas such as Education and Public Policy, Instructional Design, and Early Childhood Education.
- Courses cover concepts such as phonics, curriculum development, instruction for English language learners, and more.
- Flexible, online courses allow students to pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- MA/Education - No Specialization
- MA/Education - Early Childhood Education
- MA/Education - Child Development
- And more...
- One of the first fully online M.Ed. programs to be accredited by TEAC (Teacher Education Accreditation Council)
- Courses within 6 distinct education specializations use real-world deliverables aligned with industry-specific objectives
- Specializations include elementary education, secondary education instructional design and technology and more
- AIU’s M.Ed. uses a proprietary adaptive learning engine to provide individualized content delivery not available at this scale in other online programs at this time.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Secondary Education
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Elementary Education
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Leadership Coaching and Mentoring
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Coaching and Mentoring
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) recently received state approval to enroll students with little to no prior college experience. To help ensure student success, the university has created a program especially for these students who plan on starting their college experience for the first time with us.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- MS - Teaching and Learning
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Science: Education
- Master of Arts: Teaching
- Master of Science in Higher Education - College Teaching
- And more...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- MEd - Reading Education
- Special Education - Master of Education
- Instructional Leadership - Master of Education
- And more...
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction Equity, Ethics, and Justice
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Common Core State Standards Instructional Leader
- And more...
- M.Ed. Curriculum Instr - Special Ed
- M.Ed. Curriculum Instr - Technology
- M.Ed. Early Childhood Education
- And more...