Learn about the many options within an education masters online degree and the different areas of specialization that you can take courses in, depending on your area of interest. The masters degree in education is offered in different specializations that include the Masters in Education (MEd), Master of Arts in Education (M. A.), Master of Science in Education (M. S./MSc.), and the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.). Some concentrations in education degree programs are eligible for Institutional Recommendation/Credential (With IR and Cert). Here we provide an overview of various masters in education programs that include: educational administration, educational leadership, curriculum and instruction (C&I), elementary education, early childhood education, special education, secondary education, educational technology, K-12 education. Get detailed information for the program of your interest in various areas of an education masters online. You can start by reviewing the schools listed below.
Masters Education and Training
While it is possible to teach with a bachelors degree in education and teacher licensure, many teachers earn an education masters online degree so as to become more specialized in their area of teaching as well as to keep current with instructional methodology and pedagogy. In addition they are able to increase their annual salaries with more educational training, as well as getting promotions to positions like assistant principal and school principals.
The online education courses will therefore vary by specialization according to each education masters online, although some specific courses may include educational research, advanced teaching methods courses, instructional technology, assessment and evaluation, and classroom management techniques.
Areas of Focus in Education
With an education masters online degree you can specialize in various areas including:
- Education counseling
- Education psychology
- Education management
- Educational leadership
- Instructional design
- Education master’s in educational technology
- Education masters degrees in special education
- Education training
- Music education degree
Careers in Education and Teaching
A master’s degree in K-12 teaching and instruction increases career opportunities, employability, and income in teaching careers. Earning an education masters online degree also qualifies teachers who have an an education masters online degree for to work in management, administrative and leadership positions, as well as educational consulting opportunities.
Graduates with an education masters online degree can also move into positions in curriculum development, instructional coordination, educational technologists, school principals, and assessment, measurement, and evaluation. Areas of employment with an education masters online degree include mathematics education, science education, special education, and school administration positions.
Masters in Education Programs
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to engage in a collaborative learning environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- MA in Teaching (for Aspiring Teachers Grades 5-12)
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Education, Online Teaching and Learning
- Master of Science in Education, Teaching and Learning
- Master of Science in Education, Career College Administration
- And more...
Online Learning at Concordia University–Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction: Community Engagement in Education
- And more...
For more than 125 years, the University of Saint Francis has helped students gain the knowledge and skills they need to fulfill personal dreams and achieve professional desires. Our online degree programs are built for convenience and flexibility (most degrees can be completed in 12 months) as well as affordability and quality. That’s why we’re ranked nationally for ROI to help you look forward to a purposeful life and career.
- Transition to Teaching - Special Education
- Transition to Teaching - Secondary Education
- Master of Arts in Teaching (Secondary Education) - Non Licensure
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- General Education - Master of Education
- MEd - Reading Education
- Global Training and Development - Master of Education
- And more...
Fordham University’s online Master of Science in Teaching (M.S.T.) program prepares aspiring teachers (grades 1–6) to address the needs of today’s students. In addition to providing essential skills and experience, the M.S.T. program prepares students seeking initial teaching certification. The program offers two tracks: an M.S.T. in Childhood Education and an M.S.T. in Childhood Special Education (Dual Certification). Both combine live classes, interactive coursework, and placement experiences to prepare students to become effective teachers.
- MS in Teaching-Childhood Education
- MS in Teaching-Childhood SPED