Learn about the many options within an education masters online degree and the different areas of specialization that you can take courses in, depending on your area of interest. The masters degree in education is offered in different specializations that include the Masters in Education (MEd), Master of Arts in Education (M. A.), Master of Science in Education (M. S./MSc.), and the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.). Some concentrations in education degree programs are eligible for Institutional Recommendation/Credential (With IR and Cert). Here we provide an overview of various masters in education programs that include: educational administration, educational leadership, curriculum and instruction (C&I), elementary education, early childhood education, special education, secondary education, educational technology, K-12 education. Get detailed information for the program of your interest in various areas of an education masters online. You can start by reviewing the schools listed below.
Masters Education and Training
While it is possible to teach with a bachelors degree in education and teacher licensure, many teachers earn an education masters online degree so as to become more specialized in their area of teaching as well as to keep current with instructional methodology and pedagogy. In addition they are able to increase their annual salaries with more educational training, as well as getting promotions to positions like assistant principal and school principals.
The online education courses will therefore vary by specialization according to each education masters online, although some specific courses may include educational research, advanced teaching methods courses, instructional technology, assessment and evaluation, and classroom management techniques.
Areas of Focus in Education
With an education masters online degree you can specialize in various areas including:
- Education counseling
- Education psychology
- Education management
- Educational leadership
- Instructional design
- Education master’s in educational technology
- Education masters degrees in special education
- Education training
- Music education degree
Careers in Education and Teaching
A master’s degree in K-12 teaching and instruction increases career opportunities, employability, and income in teaching careers. Earning an education masters online degree also qualifies teachers who have an an education masters online degree for to work in management, administrative and leadership positions, as well as educational consulting opportunities.
Graduates with an education masters online degree can also move into positions in curriculum development, instructional coordination, educational technologists, school principals, and assessment, measurement, and evaluation. Areas of employment with an education masters online degree include mathematics education, science education, special education, and school administration positions.
Masters in Education Programs
- Go Higher with a career-enhancing degree from Concordia Nebraska you can earn fully online. All our online programs are designed to give you the flexibility to study around your schedule.
- You'll also benefit from exceptional student support and a rigorous academic experience ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report's Best Colleges 2016 Midwest Regional Universities.
- Concordia offers a wide variety of MBA program offerings in such fields as Accounting, Business Intelligence, Human Resources, Leadership and Managing, Management, Marketing and Risk Management
- Concordia also offers programs in the M.Ed field specializing in Early Childhood Development, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Administration, and Special Education
- As an institution, Concordia University, Nebraska is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of its North Central Association
- Concordia University, Nebraska is an excellent academic and Christ-centered community equipping men and women for lives of learning, service and leadership in the church and world.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction with ESL/ELL Emphasis
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction with Instructional Technology Leadership Emphasis
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction
- And more...
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.Ed. in Master of Education in Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Special Education-ITL
- M.Ed. in Master of Education in Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Special Education-NITL
- M.A. in Reading with an Emphasis in Elementary Education
- And more...
- The Doctor of Education (EdD) program helps students hone research and scholarly writing skills in preparation for their doctoral study or dissertation.
- EdD students may choose from nine specializations, including Early Childhood Education, Special Education, Higher Education Leadership and Management, and more.
- Students in the EdD program may progress at their own pace by choosing between the Traditional and Fast Track options.
- M.S. in Early Childhood Studies - Teaching Adults in the Early Childhood Field
- M.S. in Early Childhood Studies - Early Childhood Public Policy and Advocacy
- M.S. in Early Childhood Studies - Teaching and Diversity in Early Childhood Education
- And more...
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to engage in a collaborative learning environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- MA in Teaching (for Aspiring Teachers Grades 5-12)
- Earn your Master of Arts in Teaching and teaching credential online from nationally ranked USC Rossier.
- The same selective admissions standards as students in the on-campus programs.
- Hands-on fieldwork which students complete in their own communities, classrooms, or organizations.
- Dedicated student support from matriculation through graduation, including USC’s global alumni network.
- Master of Arts in Teaching
- One of the first fully online M.Ed. programs to be accredited by TEAC (Teacher Education Accreditation Council)
- Courses within 6 distinct education specializations use real-world deliverables aligned with industry-specific objectives
- Specializations include elementary education, secondary education instructional design and technology and more
- AIU’s M.Ed. uses a proprietary adaptive learning engine to provide individualized content delivery not available at this scale in other online programs at this time.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Secondary Education
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Elementary Education
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Science: Education
- Master of Arts: Teaching
- Master of Science in Higher Education - College Teaching
- And more...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- MEd - Reading Education
- Special Education - Master of Education
- Instructional Leadership - Master of Education
- And more...
- M.Ed. Curr & Ins - Dyslexia Studies & LBLD
- M.Ed. Curriculum Instr - Technology
- M.Ed. Curriculum Instr - Ed Leadership
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Early Childhood Education (Master of Education) - Online
- Advanced Studies in Secondary Education & Teacher Leadership (Master of Education) - Online
- Administrative Program for Principals (Master of Education) - Online
- And more...