Learn about the many options within an education masters online degree and the different areas of specialization that you can take courses in, depending on your area of interest. The masters degree in education is offered in different specializations that include the Masters in Education (MEd), Master of Arts in Education (M. A.), Master of Science in Education (M. S./MSc.), and the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.). Some concentrations in education degree programs are eligible for Institutional Recommendation/Credential (With IR and Cert). Here we provide an overview of various masters in education programs that include: educational administration, educational leadership, curriculum and instruction (C&I), elementary education, early childhood education, special education, secondary education, educational technology, K-12 education. Get detailed information for the program of your interest in various areas of an education masters online. You can start by reviewing the schools listed below.
Masters Education and Training
While it is possible to teach with a bachelors degree in education and teacher licensure, many teachers earn an education masters online degree so as to become more specialized in their area of teaching as well as to keep current with instructional methodology and pedagogy. In addition they are able to increase their annual salaries with more educational training, as well as getting promotions to positions like assistant principal and school principals.
The online education courses will therefore vary by specialization according to each education masters online, although some specific courses may include educational research, advanced teaching methods courses, instructional technology, assessment and evaluation, and classroom management techniques.
Areas of Focus in Education
With an education masters online degree you can specialize in various areas including:
- Education counseling
- Education psychology
- Education management
- Educational leadership
- Instructional design
- Education master’s in educational technology
- Education masters degrees in special education
- Education training
- Music education degree
Careers in Education and Teaching
A master’s degree in K-12 teaching and instruction increases career opportunities, employability, and income in teaching careers. Earning an education masters online degree also qualifies teachers who have an an education masters online degree for to work in management, administrative and leadership positions, as well as educational consulting opportunities.
Graduates with an education masters online degree can also move into positions in curriculum development, instructional coordination, educational technologists, school principals, and assessment, measurement, and evaluation. Areas of employment with an education masters online degree include mathematics education, science education, special education, and school administration positions.
Masters in Education Programs
- Education programs include BA in Education Studies, BA in Child Development, MA in Education, and more.
- Students can specialize in areas such as Education and Public Policy, Instructional Design, and Early Childhood Education.
- Flexible, online courses allow students to pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- MA/Education - No Specialization
- MA/Education - Early Childhood Education
- MA/Education - Child Development
- And more...
- Walden’s MS in Early Childhood Studies program delivered through Tempo Learning® is designed to help you promote positive learning experiences for all children.
- Our program can help you gain the knowledge and professional competencies that prepare you for leadership roles, in and out of the classroom.
- Improve your ability to work with children in diverse learning environments by critically examining trends, applying research to relevant problems, and making informed decisions.
- Our custom-paced, competency-based education option for working professionals means that your progress is measured by the demonstration of skills, abilities & knowledge in a particular area of study.
- Our competency-based assessments allow you to demonstrate what you know about real-life and work-applicable situations—and then move on to the things you still need to learn.
- M.S. in Early Childhood Studies - Teaching Adults in the Early Childhood Field
- M.S. in Early Childhood Studies - Early Childhood Public Policy and Advocacy
- M.S. in Early Childhood Studies - Teaching and Diversity in Early Childhood Education
- And more...
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.Ed. in Master of Education in Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Special Education-ITL
- M.Ed. in Master of Education in Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Special Education-NITL
- M.A. in Reading with an Emphasis in Elementary Education
- And more...
- 100% Online Education Degrees - Ashford University
- Break new ground in your education career with your BA or MA in Education.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s & Associate's programs to prepare you for the invaluable role of guiding learners or shaping educational initiatives.
- Help Build the World's Future. Apply today!
- Education, Technology & Online Learning - Masters
- Higher Education - Masters
- General Education - Masters
- And more...
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- MA in Teaching (for Aspiring Teachers Grades 5-12)
- Ranked among the top 20 Regional Universities in the West in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014.
- More than 97% of tenure-track faculty holds a terminal degree in their field.
- Student to faculty ratio of 15:1, and 47.5% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Education in Higher Education
- Master of Education in Instructional Leadership - Conflict Resolution Track
- Master of Education in Instructional Leadership - Learning with Emerging Technologies
- And more...
- Go Higher with a career-enhancing degree from Concordia Nebraska you can earn fully online. All our online programs are designed to give you the flexibility to study around your schedule.
- You'll also benefit from exceptional student support and a rigorous academic experience ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report's Best Colleges 2016 Midwest Regional Universities.
- Concordia offers a wide variety of MBA program offerings in such fields as Accounting, Business Intelligence, Human Resources, Leadership and Managing, Management, Marketing and Risk Management
- Concordia also offers programs in the M.Ed field specializing in Early Childhood Development, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Administration, and Special Education
- As an institution, Concordia University, Nebraska is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of its North Central Association
- Concordia University, Nebraska is an excellent academic and Christ-centered community equipping men and women for lives of learning, service and leadership in the church and world.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction with ESL/ELL Emphasis
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction with Instructional Technology Leadership Emphasis
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Secondary Education
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Elementary Education
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- MEd - Reading Education
- Special Education - Master of Education
- Instructional Leadership - Master of Education
- And more...
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Science: Education
- Master of Arts: Teaching
- Master of Science in Higher Education - College Teaching
- And more...