Learn about the many options within an education masters online degree and the different areas of specialization that you can take courses in, depending on your area of interest. The masters degree in education is offered in different specializations that include the Masters in Education (MEd), Master of Arts in Education (M. A.), Master of Science in Education (M. S./MSc.), and the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.). Some concentrations in education degree programs are eligible for Institutional Recommendation/Credential (With IR and Cert). Here we provide an overview of various masters in education programs that include: educational administration, educational leadership, curriculum and instruction (C&I), elementary education, early childhood education, special education, secondary education, educational technology, K-12 education. Get detailed information for the program of your interest in various areas of an education masters online. You can start by reviewing the schools listed below.
Masters Education and Training
While it is possible to teach with a bachelors degree in education and teacher licensure, many teachers earn an education masters online degree so as to become more specialized in their area of teaching as well as to keep current with instructional methodology and pedagogy. In addition they are able to increase their annual salaries with more educational training, as well as getting promotions to positions like assistant principal and school principals.
The online education courses will therefore vary by specialization according to each education masters online, although some specific courses may include educational research, advanced teaching methods courses, instructional technology, assessment and evaluation, and classroom management techniques.
Areas of Focus in Education
With an education masters online degree you can specialize in various areas including:
- Education counseling
- Education psychology
- Education management
- Educational leadership
- Instructional design
- Education master’s in educational technology
- Education masters degrees in special education
- Education training
- Music education degree
Careers in Education and Teaching
A master’s degree in K-12 teaching and instruction increases career opportunities, employability, and income in teaching careers. Earning an education masters online degree also qualifies teachers who have an an education masters online degree for to work in management, administrative and leadership positions, as well as educational consulting opportunities.
Graduates with an education masters online degree can also move into positions in curriculum development, instructional coordination, educational technologists, school principals, and assessment, measurement, and evaluation. Areas of employment with an education masters online degree include mathematics education, science education, special education, and school administration positions.
Masters in Education Programs
- Engage, instruct and inspire students of all ages with a master's degree in education from GCU.
- Choose from a focus in gifted ed, early childhood ed, educational admin, special ed and more.
- Programs available for aspiring teachers and continuing education courses for current teachers.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- For over 60 years, GCU has proudly maintained its rich heritage as a prestigious teaching college.
- M.A. in Reading with an Emphasis in Secondary Education
- M.Ed. in Master of Education in Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Special Education-ITL
- M.Ed. in Master of Education in Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Special Education-NITL
- And more...
- Make the impact through teaching you always knew you could at Keiser University
- Find degree programs in Education including Elementary Education and Leadership
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Some degrees are taught in multiple languages including Spanish
- Master of Science in Education
- Master of Science in Education, Online Teaching and Learning
- Master of Science in Education, Teaching and Learning
- And more...
- Walden’s MS in Early Childhood Studies program delivered through Tempo Learning® is designed to help you promote positive learning experiences for all children.
- Our program can help you gain the knowledge and professional competencies that prepare you for leadership roles, in and out of the classroom.
- Improve your ability to work with children in diverse learning environments by critically examining trends, applying research to relevant problems, and making informed decisions.
- Our custom-paced, competency-based education option for working professionals means that your progress is measured by the demonstration of skills, abilities & knowledge in a particular area of study.
- Our competency-based assessments allow you to demonstrate what you know about real-life and work-applicable situations—and then move on to the things you still need to learn.
- M.S. in Early Childhood Studies - Teaching Adults in the Early Childhood Field
- M.S. in Early Childhood Studies - Early Childhood Public Policy and Advocacy
- M.S. in Early Childhood Studies - Teaching and Diversity in Early Childhood Education
- And more...
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) offers career relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs for working adults and nontraditional learners.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- MS - Teaching and Learning
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- MEd - Reading Education
- Master of Science in Educational Psychology
- Special Education - Master of Education
- And more...
Online Learning at Concordia University–Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Curriculum & Instruction: Early Childhood Education
- And more...
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Education in Higher Education
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- MA in Teaching (for Aspiring Teachers Grades 5-12)
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- Personalized learning that’s guided by industry trends
- Technology-driven approach designed to help you reach your potential
- Access to real-world learning and strong thought leadership
- Convenient ways to complete your degree even with a busy schedule
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
For nearly a century, Columbia International University has educated people from a biblical worldview to impact the nations with the message of Christ. Today we continue that effort, offering 21 degree programs for residential undergraduate students, as well as graduate and seminary programs, professional certificates, and convenient online programs for working adults.
- Master of Education (Instruction & Learning)
- Ph.D. in Educational Leadership