An education degree gives you many areas of study to consider for an teaching and instruction career, in addition to providing you with flexibility. The field of education is the second largest industry in the United States, with about 13.5 million related jobs. An education degree provides many options from teaching to administration to technology support. In most states, teachers are usually required to be licensed by the state where they teach, and especially in public school systems. Online schools offer many education program options such as the Bachelor of Science in Education and the Master of Education (MEd) and the Education Special (Ed.S.). Earn your associates, bachelors, masters, or PhD in education. Request additional information about the education degree from the schools below, and learn about online education degree offerings by each in various programs.
Teacher Education and Training Programs
There are many concentrations to choose from including special education, elementary education, early childhood education, curriculum and instruction, educational leadership, educational administration, adult education and many other areas.
You can complete your education degree program at the master or doctoral degree level, in addition to the educational specialist degree. Areas of focus include curriculum and instruction (C&I), general education, educational psychology, educational counseling, assessment and evaluation, language and literacy, reading education, educational administration and leadership, adult education, educational technology and corporate training. These are all part of education degree programs.
What Are the Types of Education Degree Programs?
Education degree programs include: Associate of Arts (A.A.), Associate of Science (A.S.), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.), Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.), Master of Education (M.Ed.), Master of Science (M.Sc.), Education Specialist (Ed.S.), Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
Careers in Teaching and Education
Education programs at the masters and doctorate level provide you with a solid foundation for participating as an educator or administrator in many career directions for all levels of educational practitioners in K-12 education, higher education and corporate training.
Bachelor’s level education degrees prepare you for classroom teaching at the K-12 education level in a variety of disciplines upon completing degree program requirements and taking the teacher certification exam.
Graduate degree prepare students for continued classroom practice as well as educational administration and leadership.
Education degree programs are also available for those who want to work in special education, elementary education, mathematics education, and science education, among other areas. Those who pursue instructional design and technology, for example, learn to integrate multimedia into instruction while those who pursue curriculum and instruction become experts in curriculum design and delivery.
The income income for those in education varies depending on the specific job position, teaching location, experience, and level of education attained, including earning an education degree.
Teaching and Education Programs
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Educational Studies (Does Not Lead to Teacher Licensure)
- B.S. in Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Special Education
- B.S. in Early Childhood
- And more...
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to engage in a collaborative learning environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- Undergraduate in Early Childhood
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Administration
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
- One of the first fully online M.Ed. programs to be accredited by TEAC (Teacher Education Accreditation Council)
- Courses within 6 distinct education specializations use real-world deliverables aligned with industry-specific objectives
- Specializations include elementary education, secondary education instructional design and technology and more
- AIU’s M.Ed. uses a proprietary adaptive learning engine to provide individualized content delivery not available at this scale in other online programs at this time.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Secondary Education
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Elementary Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Curriculum and Instruction
- Education Specialist: Curriculum and Instruction/Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Science: Elementary Education in Interdisciplinary Studies
- And more...
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Science: Education
- Master of Arts: Teaching
- Master of Science in Higher Education - College Teaching
- And more...
- Early Childhood Education
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Early Childhood Education (MEd plus Certification) - Online
- Early Childhood Education (Master of Education) - Online
- Early Childhood Education (Certificate Only) - Online
- And more...
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education, Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
- MA in Education
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education, Distance Learning
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- E-Learning - EdS
- MEd - Reading Education
- General Education - Doctor of Education
- And more...