An education degree gives you many areas of study to consider for an teaching and instruction career, in addition to providing you with flexibility. The field of education is the second largest industry in the United States, with about 13.5 million related jobs. An education degree provides many options from teaching to administration to technology support. In most states, teachers are usually required to be licensed by the state where they teach, and especially in public school systems. Online schools offer many education program options such as the Bachelor of Science in Education and the Master of Education (MEd) and the Education Special (Ed.S.). Earn your associates, bachelors, masters, or PhD in education. Request additional information about the education degree from the schools below, and learn about online education degree offerings by each in various programs.
Teacher Education and Training Programs
There are many concentrations to choose from including special education, elementary education, early childhood education, curriculum and instruction, educational leadership, educational administration, adult education and many other areas.
You can complete your education degree program at the master or doctoral degree level, in addition to the educational specialist degree. Areas of focus include curriculum and instruction (C&I), general education, educational psychology, educational counseling, assessment and evaluation, language and literacy, reading education, educational administration and leadership, adult education, educational technology and corporate training. These are all part of education degree programs.
What Are the Types of Education Degree Programs?
Education degree programs include: Associate of Arts (A.A.), Associate of Science (A.S.), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.), Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.), Master of Education (M.Ed.), Master of Science (M.Sc.), Education Specialist (Ed.S.), Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
Careers in Teaching and Education
Education programs at the masters and doctorate level provide you with a solid foundation for participating as an educator or administrator in many career directions for all levels of educational practitioners in K-12 education, higher education and corporate training.
Bachelor’s level education degrees prepare you for classroom teaching at the K-12 education level in a variety of disciplines upon completing degree program requirements and taking the teacher certification exam.
Graduate degree prepare students for continued classroom practice as well as educational administration and leadership.
Education degree programs are also available for those who want to work in special education, elementary education, mathematics education, and science education, among other areas. Those who pursue instructional design and technology, for example, learn to integrate multimedia into instruction while those who pursue curriculum and instruction become experts in curriculum design and delivery.
The income income for those in education varies depending on the specific job position, teaching location, experience, and level of education attained, including earning an education degree.
Teaching and Education Programs
- Post brings 127+ years of campus success to flexible online degrees in Education
- 100% online with degrees at all levels
- Connect with other professionals in education around the world and across industries
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- Master of Education - TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- B.S. in Child Studies
- Personalized learning that’s guided by industry trends
- Technology-driven approach designed to help you reach your potential
- Access to real-world learning and strong thought leadership
- Convenient ways to complete your degree even with a busy schedule
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
- Want to be a Teacher or Educational Administrator? Learn why GCU could be the best place to start! Here's why:
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate education programs, including TESOL, early childhood ed, elementary ed, secondary ed & more.
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both. We also offer evening classes!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Financial Options: Numerous financing options available, including scholarships for academic achievement.
- B.S. in Educational Studies (NITL)
- B.S. in Math for Secondary Education
- B.S. in Business for Secondary Education (ITL)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MED: Curriculum and Instruction: General Education
- MED: Curriculum and Instruction: Elementary Education
- Doctor of Education: Curriculum and Instruction
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- MA in Teaching (for Aspiring Teachers Grades 5-12)
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- Undergraduate in Early Childhood
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) offers career relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs for working adults and nontraditional learners.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- MS - Teaching and Learning
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Educational Leadership (Ed.D.)
- Master of Arts in Education
Online Learning at Concordia University–Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Trauma and Resilience in Educational Settings
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Education Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!