An education degree gives you many areas of study to consider for an teaching and instruction career, in addition to providing you with flexibility. The field of education is the second largest industry in the United States, with about 13.5 million related jobs. An education degree provides many options from teaching to administration to technology support. In most states, teachers are usually required to be licensed by the state where they teach, and especially in public school systems. Online schools offer many education program options such as the Bachelor of Science in Education and the Master of Education (MEd) and the Education Special (Ed.S.). Earn your associates, bachelors, masters, or PhD in education. Request additional information about the education degree from the schools below, and learn about online education degree offerings by each in various programs.
Teacher Education and Training Programs
There are many concentrations to choose from including special education, elementary education, early childhood education, curriculum and instruction, educational leadership, educational administration, adult education and many other areas.
You can complete your education degree program at the master or doctoral degree level, in addition to the educational specialist degree. Areas of focus include curriculum and instruction (C&I), general education, educational psychology, educational counseling, assessment and evaluation, language and literacy, reading education, educational administration and leadership, adult education, educational technology and corporate training. These are all part of education degree programs.
What Are the Types of Education Degree Programs?
Education degree programs include: Associate of Arts (A.A.), Associate of Science (A.S.), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.), Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.), Master of Education (M.Ed.), Master of Science (M.Sc.), Education Specialist (Ed.S.), Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
Careers in Teaching and Education
Education programs at the masters and doctorate level provide you with a solid foundation for participating as an educator or administrator in many career directions for all levels of educational practitioners in K-12 education, higher education and corporate training.
Bachelor’s level education degrees prepare you for classroom teaching at the K-12 education level in a variety of disciplines upon completing degree program requirements and taking the teacher certification exam.
Graduate degree prepare students for continued classroom practice as well as educational administration and leadership.
Education degree programs are also available for those who want to work in special education, elementary education, mathematics education, and science education, among other areas. Those who pursue instructional design and technology, for example, learn to integrate multimedia into instruction while those who pursue curriculum and instruction become experts in curriculum design and delivery.
The income income for those in education varies depending on the specific job position, teaching location, experience, and level of education attained, including earning an education degree.
Teaching and Education Programs
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Doctor of Education (EDD)
- M.S.Ed - Elementary Reading and Mathematics (Grades K-6)
- M.S.Ed - Mathematics (Grades K-6)
- And more...
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to engage in a collaborative learning environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- MA in Teaching (for Aspiring Teachers Grades 5-12)
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- Undergraduate in Early Childhood
Online Learning at Concordia University–Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Curriculum & Instruction: Early Childhood Education
- And more...
At SNHU, we believe everyone should have greater access to higher education. That’s why we offer over 200 accredited degree programs, flexible class schedules, and some of the lowest online tuition rates in the nation. We offer military tuition discounts up to 30% toward online undergraduate and graduate degree programs for U.S. service members, both full and part time, and the spouses of those on active duty.
- M.Ed. Curr & Ins - Dyslexia Studies & LBLD
- M.Ed. Curriculum Instr - Technology
- MA English and Creative Writing - Fiction
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Education Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!