An education degree gives you many areas of study to consider for an teaching and instruction career, in addition to providing you with flexibility. The field of education is the second largest industry in the United States, with about 13.5 million related jobs. An education degree provides many options from teaching to administration to technology support. In most states, teachers are usually required to be licensed by the state where they teach, and especially in public school systems. Online schools offer many education program options such as the Bachelor of Science in Education and the Master of Education (MEd) and the Education Special (Ed.S.). Earn your associates, bachelors, masters, or PhD in education. Request additional information about the education degree from the schools below, and learn about online education degree offerings by each in various programs.
Teacher Education and Training Programs
There are many concentrations to choose from including special education, elementary education, early childhood education, curriculum and instruction, educational leadership, educational administration, adult education and many other areas.
You can complete your education degree program at the master or doctoral degree level, in addition to the educational specialist degree. Areas of focus include curriculum and instruction (C&I), general education, educational psychology, educational counseling, assessment and evaluation, language and literacy, reading education, educational administration and leadership, adult education, educational technology and corporate training. These are all part of education degree programs.
What Are the Types of Education Degree Programs?
Education degree programs include: Associate of Arts (A.A.), Associate of Science (A.S.), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.), Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.), Master of Education (M.Ed.), Master of Science (M.Sc.), Education Specialist (Ed.S.), Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
Careers in Teaching and Education
Education programs at the masters and doctorate level provide you with a solid foundation for participating as an educator or administrator in many career directions for all levels of educational practitioners in K-12 education, higher education and corporate training.
Bachelor’s level education degrees prepare you for classroom teaching at the K-12 education level in a variety of disciplines upon completing degree program requirements and taking the teacher certification exam.
Graduate degree prepare students for continued classroom practice as well as educational administration and leadership.
Education degree programs are also available for those who want to work in special education, elementary education, mathematics education, and science education, among other areas. Those who pursue instructional design and technology, for example, learn to integrate multimedia into instruction while those who pursue curriculum and instruction become experts in curriculum design and delivery.
The income income for those in education varies depending on the specific job position, teaching location, experience, and level of education attained, including earning an education degree.
Teaching and Education Programs
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Educational Studies (NITL)
- B.S. in Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Special Education
- B.S. in Early Childhood
- And more...
- Regent’s School of Education will prepare you for today's dynamic world of education
- Institutionally accredited by SACSCOC with TEAC graduate program accreditation
- Regent University is proud to be ranked as a top military-friendly school
- 86% of Regent students receive some form of financial aid
- Specializations in instructional design, special education, & Christian leadership
- M.Ed. in Reading Specialist - Non-Licensure
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction - Teacher Leader
- M.Ed. in Student Affairs
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MED: Curriculum and Instruction: General Education
- MED: Curriculum and Instruction: Elementary Education
- Doctor of Education: Curriculum and Instruction
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Early Childhood Education, ESL/TESOL, Special Education, Education Leadership and Administration, and Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Education and Teaching Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Education and Teaching Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!