The educational leadership degree prepares you for a career in educational management and administration. Online education administration degree, and online educational management degree are all designed to advance your career in school and college leadership and management. Online educational leadership masters degrees in administration and leadership prepare teachers and educators to become experts in areas of organizational leadership, decision-making, design and implementation of instruction. In addition, the master in educational leadership also focuses on student achievement, educational management, organizational management, operations management, human resource development, and community-building. For most positions, educational administrators almost always have an advanced educational leadership or educational administration degree as well as teaching certification. In particular a masters, educational specialist or doctorate degree is required.
Educational Leadership Training
An online educational leadership degree is designed for teachers who are interested in a principal or educational administrator as well as educational consultant. In general the degree is offered at the graduate level of study, i.e. the masters in educational leadership and doctorate in educational leadership. Some universities offer the degree at the Educational Specialist (EdS) level.
The program entails instruction in management, leadership and educational theory. Educational leadership ship course work includes earning development, educational psychology, management, and statistics as well as courses in human resources management in education, education economics and financial planning in education. Specific courses may include: Curriculum Organization and Development, Fiscal and Budgetary Aspects of Education, School Law, Student Services, and Data and School Improvement. Common specializations include: Curriculum Development, Education Policy, Higher Education Leadership.
Some courses you can expect to take are educational administration, education policy analysis, finance and budgeting, curriculum development, evaluation and assessment, and educational technology. This prepares you to be knowledgeable, ethical, and able to make informed decision. The following accredited colleges and universities will prepare you in this area of study.
Educational Leadership Careers
Upon receiving your educational administration or educational leadership degree credentials you can become a principal of a elementary, middle, or secondary school; academic dean; department chair; or other administrative and leadership position.
In the United States, most educational administrators work in various instructional settings that range from day-care administration, to high school principal to college president and dean. A degree in educational administration leads to careers in educational administration, supervision, leadership, and school development while a degree in educational leadership is geared at careers in higher education, adult education leadership, community college and K-12 educational leadership. An educational management degree is the field of study and practice that is concerned with the operation of educational organizations.
As the need for quality education remains a priority issue, the need for qualified education administrators with an educational leadership degree or similar will continue to be important.
Education Leadership Programs
Building a better future starts in the classroom. The online master’s degree programs from American University’s School of Education are designed to prepare you to teach the next generation of difference makers.
- Masters in Education Policy & Leadership
- Are you ready to advance or start your career inspiring minds and changing lives? Apply to join GCU's prestigious teaching community.
- GCU recognizes the diverse needs in education and creates meaningful experiences through all bachelor's and master's degree programs.
- Traditional college or online programs, GCU offers education degrees for a variety of learning needs – take your pick!
- Earn your master's or bachelor's degree online, on-campus or take individual courses for specific studies.
- Join the GCU heritage and take advantage of the opportunity to engage, instruct and inspire.
- Ed. S. in K-12 Leadership
Online Learning at Concordia University-Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction - Educational Technology Leadership
- Ed.D. - Professional Leadership, Inquiry, and Transformation
- Teacher Leadership (EDD)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Higher Education Administration: Education Leadership
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Educational Leadership - EdS
- Instructional Leadership - Doctor of Education
- Leadership in Higher Education - EdS
- And more...
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Education - Educational Technology & Design
- PhD in Education - Education Policy, Leadership, & Management
- PhD in Education - Higher Education Leadership, Management & Policy
- And more...
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- MSE Educational Administration
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Higher Education - College Administration and Leadership
- MS in Higher Education - Student Affairs
For nearly a century, Columbia International University has educated people from a biblical worldview to impact the nations with the message of Christ. Today we continue that effort, offering 21 degree programs for residential undergraduate students, as well as graduate and seminary programs, professional certificates, and convenient online programs for working adults.
- Ph.D. in Educational Leadership