The educational leadership degree prepares you for a career in educational management and administration. Online education administration degree, and online educational management degree are all designed to advance your career in school and college leadership and management. Online educational leadership masters degrees in administration and leadership prepare teachers and educators to become experts in areas of organizational leadership, decision-making, design and implementation of instruction. In addition, the master in educational leadership also focuses on student achievement, educational management, organizational management, operations management, human resource development, and community-building. For most positions, educational administrators almost always have an advanced educational leadership or educational administration degree as well as teaching certification. In particular a masters, educational specialist or doctorate degree is required.
Educational Leadership Training
An online educational leadership degree is designed for teachers who are interested in a principal or educational administrator as well as educational consultant. In general the degree is offered at the graduate level of study, i.e. the masters in educational leadership and doctorate in educational leadership. Some universities offer the degree at the Educational Specialist (EdS) level.
The program entails instruction in management, leadership and educational theory. Educational leadership ship course work includes earning development, educational psychology, management, and statistics as well as courses in human resources management in education, education economics and financial planning in education. Specific courses may include: Curriculum Organization and Development, Fiscal and Budgetary Aspects of Education, School Law, Student Services, and Data and School Improvement. Common specializations include: Curriculum Development, Education Policy, Higher Education Leadership.
Some courses you can expect to take are educational administration, education policy analysis, finance and budgeting, curriculum development, evaluation and assessment, and educational technology. This prepares you to be knowledgeable, ethical, and able to make informed decision. The following accredited colleges and universities will prepare you in this area of study.
Educational Leadership Careers
Upon receiving your educational administration or educational leadership degree credentials you can become a principal of a elementary, middle, or secondary school; academic dean; department chair; or other administrative and leadership position.
In the United States, most educational administrators work in various instructional settings that range from day-care administration, to high school principal to college president and dean. A degree in educational administration leads to careers in educational administration, supervision, leadership, and school development while a degree in educational leadership is geared at careers in higher education, adult education leadership, community college and K-12 educational leadership. An educational management degree is the field of study and practice that is concerned with the operation of educational organizations.
As the need for quality education remains a priority issue, the need for qualified education administrators with an educational leadership degree or similar will continue to be important.
Education Leadership Programs
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Ed. S. in K-12 Leadership
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Secondary Education
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Elementary Education
- Education programs include BA in Education Studies, BA in Child Development, and MA in Education.
- Students can specialize in areas such as Education and Public Policy, Instructional Design, and Early Childhood Education.
- Courses cover concepts such as phonics, curriculum development, instruction for English language learners, and more.
- Flexible, online courses allow students to pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- MA/Education - School Leadership in the 21st Century
- MA/Education - Family and Community Services
- BA/Early Childhood Education Administration
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to engage in a collaborative learning environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- MS in Higher Education - College Administration and Leadership
- MS in Higher Education - Student Affairs
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction - Educational Technology Leadership
- Ed.D. - Professional Leadership, Inquiry, and Transformation
- Teacher Leadership (EDD)
- And more...
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Education in Instructional Leadership - Conflict Resolution Track
- Master of Education in Instructional Leadership - Learning with Emerging Technologies
- Master of Education in Instructional Leadership
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Educational Leadership - EdS
- Leadership in Higher Education - EdS
- Organizational Leadership - PhD in Education
- And more...
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Educational Leadership: K-12 - MSEE (Master's)
- Educational Leadership: Higher Education - MSEE (Master's)
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Graduate Certificate: Management and Leadership