The educational leadership degree prepares you for a career in educational management and administration. Online education administration degree, and online educational management degree are all designed to advance your career in school and college leadership and management. Online educational leadership masters degrees in administration and leadership prepare teachers and educators to become experts in areas of organizational leadership, decision-making, design and implementation of instruction. In addition, the master in educational leadership also focuses on student achievement, educational management, organizational management, operations management, human resource development, and community-building. For most positions, educational administrators almost always have an advanced educational leadership or educational administration degree as well as teaching certification. In particular a masters, educational specialist or doctorate degree is required.
Educational Leadership Training
An online educational leadership degree is designed for teachers who are interested in a principal or educational administrator as well as educational consultant. In general the degree is offered at the graduate level of study, i.e. the masters in educational leadership and doctorate in educational leadership. Some universities offer the degree at the Educational Specialist (EdS) level.
The program entails instruction in management, leadership and educational theory. Educational leadership ship course work includes earning development, educational psychology, management, and statistics as well as courses in human resources management in education, education economics and financial planning in education. Specific courses may include: Curriculum Organization and Development, Fiscal and Budgetary Aspects of Education, School Law, Student Services, and Data and School Improvement. Common specializations include: Curriculum Development, Education Policy, Higher Education Leadership.
Some courses you can expect to take are educational administration, education policy analysis, finance and budgeting, curriculum development, evaluation and assessment, and educational technology. This prepares you to be knowledgeable, ethical, and able to make informed decision. The following accredited colleges and universities will prepare you in this area of study.
Educational Leadership Careers
Upon receiving your educational administration or educational leadership degree credentials you can become a principal of a elementary, middle, or secondary school; academic dean; department chair; or other administrative and leadership position.
In the United States, most educational administrators work in various instructional settings that range from day-care administration, to high school principal to college president and dean. A degree in educational administration leads to careers in educational administration, supervision, leadership, and school development while a degree in educational leadership is geared at careers in higher education, adult education leadership, community college and K-12 educational leadership. An educational management degree is the field of study and practice that is concerned with the operation of educational organizations.
As the need for quality education remains a priority issue, the need for qualified education administrators with an educational leadership degree or similar will continue to be important.
Education Leadership Programs
- Are you ready to advance or start your career inspiring minds and changing lives? Apply to join GCU's prestigious teaching community.
- GCU recognizes the diverse needs in education and creates meaningful experiences through all bachelor's and master's degree programs.
- Traditional college or online programs, GCU offers education degrees for a variety of learning needs – take your pick!
- Earn your master's or bachelor's degree online, on-campus or take individual courses for specific studies.
- Join the GCU heritage and take advantage of the opportunity to engage, instruct and inspire.
- Ed. S. in K-12 Leadership
- One of the first fully online M.Ed. programs to be accredited by TEAC (Teacher Education Accreditation Council)
- Courses within 6 distinct education specializations use real-world deliverables aligned with industry-specific objectives
- Specializations include elementary education, secondary education instructional design and technology and more
- AIU’s M.Ed. uses a proprietary adaptive learning engine to provide individualized content delivery not available at this scale in other online programs at this time.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Secondary Education
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Elementary Education
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to engage in a collaborative learning environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- MS in Higher Education - College Administration and Leadership
- MS in Higher Education - Student Affairs
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction - Educational Technology Leadership
- Ed.D. - Professional Leadership, Inquiry, and Transformation
- Teacher Leadership (EDD)
- And more...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- PhD in Educational Leadership
- Education Specialist in Educational Leadership
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Educational Leadership - EdS
- Instructional Leadership - Doctor of Education
- Leadership in Higher Education - EdS
- And more...
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Educational Leadership: K-12 - MSEE (Master's)
- Educational Leadership: Higher Education - MSEE (Master's)
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Science in Higher Education : Student Affairs
- Master of Science in Higher Education : College Administration and Leadership
- Instructional Design & Technology