The educational leadership degree prepares you for a career in educational management and administration. Online education administration degree, and online educational management degree are all designed to advance your career in school and college leadership and management. Online educational leadership masters degrees in administration and leadership prepare teachers and educators to become experts in areas of organizational leadership, decision-making, design and implementation of instruction. In addition, the master in educational leadership also focuses on student achievement, educational management, organizational management, operations management, human resource development, and community-building. For most positions, educational administrators almost always have an advanced educational leadership or educational administration degree as well as teaching certification. In particular a masters, educational specialist or doctorate degree is required.
Educational Leadership Training
An online educational leadership degree is designed for teachers who are interested in a principal or educational administrator as well as educational consultant. In general the degree is offered at the graduate level of study, i.e. the masters in educational leadership and doctorate in educational leadership. Some universities offer the degree at the Educational Specialist (EdS) level.
The program entails instruction in management, leadership and educational theory. Educational leadership ship course work includes earning development, educational psychology, management, and statistics as well as courses in human resources management in education, education economics and financial planning in education. Specific courses may include: Curriculum Organization and Development, Fiscal and Budgetary Aspects of Education, School Law, Student Services, and Data and School Improvement. Common specializations include: Curriculum Development, Education Policy, Higher Education Leadership.
Some courses you can expect to take are educational administration, education policy analysis, finance and budgeting, curriculum development, evaluation and assessment, and educational technology. This prepares you to be knowledgeable, ethical, and able to make informed decision. The following accredited colleges and universities will prepare you in this area of study.
Educational Leadership Careers
Upon receiving your educational administration or educational leadership degree credentials you can become a principal of a elementary, middle, or secondary school; academic dean; department chair; or other administrative and leadership position.
In the United States, most educational administrators work in various instructional settings that range from day-care administration, to high school principal to college president and dean. A degree in educational administration leads to careers in educational administration, supervision, leadership, and school development while a degree in educational leadership is geared at careers in higher education, adult education leadership, community college and K-12 educational leadership. An educational management degree is the field of study and practice that is concerned with the operation of educational organizations.
As the need for quality education remains a priority issue, the need for qualified education administrators with an educational leadership degree or similar will continue to be important.
Education Leadership Programs
- Personalized learning that’s guided by industry trends
- Technology-driven approach designed to help you reach your potential
- Access to real-world learning and strong thought leadership
- Convenient ways to complete your degree even with a busy schedule
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- EDD: Educational Leadership
- Doctor of Philosophy in Higher Education Administration: Education Leadership
- MED: Higher Education: Educational Leadership
- And more...
- Want to be a Teacher or Educational Administrator? Learn why GCU could be the best place to start! Here's why:
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate education programs, including TESOL, early childhood ed, elementary ed, secondary ed & more.
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both. We also offer evening classes!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Financial Options: Numerous financing options available, including scholarships for academic achievement.
- Ed. S. in K-12 Leadership
Online Learning at Concordia University–Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction - Educational Technology Leadership
- Transformational Leadership (EDD)
- Ed.D. - Professional Leadership, Inquiry, and Transformation
- And more...
- Post brings 127+ years of campus success to flexible online degrees in Education
- 100% online with degrees at all levels
- Connect with other professionals in education around the world and across industries
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- Master of Education - Higher Education Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Administration
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- MS in Higher Education - College Administration and Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Administration
- Looking for an Online Education Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!