An educational technology degree helps educators and trainers develop a knowledge base in learning theory and practices in the field. Using audio, video, and Internet technologies you apply learning theories to improve teaching and learning. Learning technology degrees cover communication with learners and educators. Most degrees in educational and instructional technology are offered in educational technology PhD and master educational technology programs. I.e. the educational technology masters and educational technology PhD degree programs. Programs focus on preparing educators and trainers how to create instructional and teaching materials using computer laboratory equipment and various educational software. Most degrees in educational and instructional technology are offered at the master’s, educational specialist or doctoral level.
Educational Technology Training
With an educational technology masters you learn the techniques for effectively applying technology to learning and teaching in schools, school districts, and colleges and universities. With an online educational technology degree You become skilled in course development and delivery using technology, integration of technology in the curriculum, cognition and technology-based instruction, and the management of technology for improved learning.
Educational technology graduate programs include educational technology PhD programs and educational technology masters degree programs. Rarely are undergraduate degree programs offered, but students can work toward an educational technology certificate at certain universities upon graduation from a bachelors degree in many areas.
Educational Technology Courses
Some educational technology classes that you may take include: Learning Theory, Instructional Design, Technology Integration Strategies, Instructional Theories, Current Trends and Issues in Instructional Technology, Classroom Use of Instructional Technology, Multimedia Tools and Applications, and Development of E-Learning and Web-Based Learning Environments and others. This of course will vary from program to program.
Educational Technology Careers
With technology education training, many professionals in the United States work as technology leaders at schools and school districts, higher education, business and industry, research, and media specialist. Career specializations with an educational technology degree:
- Instruction design/ curriculum design
- Corporate Training and Development
- Curriculum Design
- Health care
Corporate training job titles include:
- Training and development specialist
- Training manager
- Training director
- Organizational development consultant
- e-Learning specialist
- Chief learning officer (CLO) or chief knowledge officer (CKO)
- Technical trainer
- Customer service trainer
Educational Technology and Related Programs
- Post brings 127+ years of campus success to flexible online degrees in Education
- 100% online with degrees at all levels
- Connect with other professionals in education around the world and across industries
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- Master of Education in Instructional Design & Technology
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- PHD: Education: Instructional Design and Technology
- MED: Higher Education: Instructional Design and Technology
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- MS in Education in Instructional Technology - Adult Learning - Organizations
- Instructional Design & Technology
Online Learning at Concordia University–Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Environmental Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Methods & Curriculum
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Early Childhood Education, ESL/TESOL, Special Education, Education Leadership and Administration, and Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Education and Teaching Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Education and Teaching Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!