An educational technology degree helps educators and trainers develop a knowledge base in learning theory and practices in the field. Using audio, video, and Internet technologies you apply learning theories to improve teaching and learning. Learning technology degrees cover communication with learners and educators. Most degrees in educational and instructional technology are offered in educational technology PhD and master educational technology programs. I.e. the educational technology masters and educational technology PhD degree programs. Programs focus on preparing educators and trainers how to create instructional and teaching materials using computer laboratory equipment and various educational software. Most degrees in educational and instructional technology are offered at the master’s, educational specialist or doctoral level.
Educational Technology Training
With an educational technology masters you learn the techniques for effectively applying technology to learning and teaching in schools, school districts, and colleges and universities. With an online educational technology degree You become skilled in course development and delivery using technology, integration of technology in the curriculum, cognition and technology-based instruction, and the management of technology for improved learning.
Educational technology graduate programs include educational technology PhD programs and educational technology masters degree programs. Rarely are undergraduate degree programs offered, but students can work toward an educational technology certificate at certain universities upon graduation from a bachelors degree in many areas.
Educational Technology Courses
Some educational technology classes that you may take include: Learning Theory, Instructional Design, Technology Integration Strategies, Instructional Theories, Current Trends and Issues in Instructional Technology, Classroom Use of Instructional Technology, Multimedia Tools and Applications, and Development of E-Learning and Web-Based Learning Environments and others. This of course will vary from program to program.
Educational Technology Careers
With technology education training, many professionals in the United States work as technology leaders at schools and school districts, higher education, business and industry, research, and media specialist. Career specializations with an educational technology degree:
- Instruction design/ curriculum design
- Corporate Training and Development
- Curriculum Design
- Health care
Corporate training job titles include:
- Training and development specialist
- Training manager
- Training director
- Organizational development consultant
- e-Learning specialist
- Chief learning officer (CLO) or chief knowledge officer (CKO)
- Technical trainer
- Customer service trainer
Educational Technology and Related Programs
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Curriculum and Instruction for Educators
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Instructional Design and Technology
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to engage in a collaborative learning environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- MS in Education - Educational Psychology
- MS in Education in Instructional Technology - Adult Learning-Organizations
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Environmental Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Career and Technical Education (CTE)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Methods & Curriculum
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- MS in Instructional Technology (K-12)
- MS in Instructional Design and Technology - Adults
- Instructional Design & Technology
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- M. Ed. in Teaching & Learning in Education Technology
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Technology Education (Master of Education) - Online
- Are you ready to advance or start your career inspiring minds and changing lives? Apply to join GCU's prestigious teaching community.
- GCU recognizes the diverse needs in education and creates meaningful experiences through all bachelor's and master's degree programs.
- Traditional college or online programs, GCU offers education degrees for a variety of learning needs – take your pick!
- Earn your master's or bachelor's degree online, on-campus or take individual courses for specific studies.
- Join the GCU heritage and take advantage of the opportunity to engage, instruct and inspire.
- Ed. S. in K-12 Leadership
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership