An educational technology degree helps educators and trainers develop a knowledge base in learning theory and practices in the field. Using audio, video, and Internet technologies you apply learning theories to improve teaching and learning. Learning technology degrees cover communication with learners and educators. Most degrees in educational and instructional technology are offered in educational technology PhD and master educational technology programs. I.e. the educational technology masters and educational technology PhD degree programs. Programs focus on preparing educators and trainers how to create instructional and teaching materials using computer laboratory equipment and various educational software. Most degrees in educational and instructional technology are offered at the master’s, educational specialist or doctoral level.
Educational Technology Training
With an educational technology masters you learn the techniques for effectively applying technology to learning and teaching in schools, school districts, and colleges and universities. With an online educational technology degree You become skilled in course development and delivery using technology, integration of technology in the curriculum, cognition and technology-based instruction, and the management of technology for improved learning.
Educational technology graduate programs include educational technology PhD programs and educational technology masters degree programs. Rarely are undergraduate degree programs offered, but students can work toward an educational technology certificate at certain universities upon graduation from a bachelors degree in many areas.
Educational Technology Courses
Some educational technology classes that you may take include: Learning Theory, Instructional Design, Technology Integration Strategies, Instructional Theories, Current Trends and Issues in Instructional Technology, Classroom Use of Instructional Technology, Multimedia Tools and Applications, and Development of E-Learning and Web-Based Learning Environments and others. This of course will vary from program to program.
Educational Technology Careers
With technology education training, many professionals in the United States work as technology leaders at schools and school districts, higher education, business and industry, research, and media specialist. Career specializations with an educational technology degree:
- Instruction design/ curriculum design
- Corporate Training and Development
- Curriculum Design
- Health care
Corporate training job titles include:
- Training and development specialist
- Training manager
- Training director
- Organizational development consultant
- e-Learning specialist
- Chief learning officer (CLO) or chief knowledge officer (CKO)
- Technical trainer
- Customer service trainer
Educational Technology and Related Programs
- Education programs include BA in Education Studies, BA in Child Development, and MA in Education.
- Students can specialize in areas such as Education and Public Policy, Instructional Design, and Early Childhood Education.
- Courses cover concepts such as phonics, curriculum development, instruction for English language learners, and more.
- Flexible, online courses allow students to pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- MA/Education - Exceptional Systems for Revolutionizing Education
- BA/Instructional Design
- MA/Education - Curriculum & Instruction
- And more...
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to engage in a collaborative learning environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- MS in Education - Educational Psychology
- MS in Instructional Technology (K-12)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Curriculum and Instruction for Educators
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Instructional Design and Technology
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Ed. S. in K-12 Leadership
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education*
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
- Instructional Design & Technology
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Education Specialist in Instructional Design and Technology
- PhD in Instructional Design and Technology
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Environmental Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Career and Technical Education (CTE)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Teacher Leadership
- And more...
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- MS in Instructional Technology (K-12)
- MS in Instructional Design and Technology - Adults