Foreign language software is often available online, as downloadable online software, and on CD-ROM. In order to understand other cultures and societies, it is important to learn additional languages. There are various approaches to learning a new language, and using language software is one option to consider. There are many programs available for language learning. One approach that many programs use is that they use software to teach learners a new language using pictures, text and audio.
They also use word association with concept and then gradually build up new words and concepts based on the ones you already know. However, the secret rules of learning a new language are time, persistence, hard work, and practice. Motivation is perhaps the best indicator that you will succeed. And there are many reasons why you will and should succeed!
The Importance of Language-Learning
Why should we learn a foreign language? After all, the whole world speaks English. Well, there’s some truth in this argument, but only some. There are many reasons for learning a new language:
By learning a new language, you gain new horizons, but at the same time you reinforce your own identity, and therefore also your self-confidence. A foreign language can contribute to a stronger personality. Most good foreign language software has this built in.
It is a fundamental truth that cultures define themselves through languages. A foreign language gives you access to another culture. It gives you the ability to communicate and to exchange views with people all over the world that you would otherwise not have the chance to know.
Learning a foreign language opens up a whole new dimension. It has a positive effect on intellectual growth and it enriches and enhances mental development.Learning a foreign language is especially effective at an early age. It greatly benefits reading and writing in oneâ€™s own language; there’s evidence that, like musical education, it contributes significantly to the development of individual intelligence.
In a globalized world characterized by international links and inter-cultural connections, linguistic skills are crucial for employment and career. The knowledge of foreign languages increases job opportunities in many careers where knowing another language is a real asset.
What makes Rosetta Stone different from other language-learning products?
With the Rosetta Stone Language-learning Software you can learn a new language the way you learned your first as a child â€“ naturally!. The award-winning program doesnâ€™t require tedious translation, memorization, or grammar drills.
Benefits of the Rosetta Stone Language Learning Software:
- Choose from 30 Languages: Used by the U.S. Army, Fortune 500 companies, NASA, and over 10,000 schools worldwide!
- Learn All 4 Language Skills: Our balanced curriculum includes listening comprehension, speaking, reading, and writing.
- Available Online or in CD-ROM: Use Rosetta Stone on your personal computer or access anytime anywhere with just an Internet connection!
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed: All CD-ROM products are backed by our unconditional 6 Month Money-Back Guarantee There’s no risk! Select the foreign language software that fits your learning goals.
- Native Speakers & Speech Recognition: Improve your speech by imitating a native speaker.
- No Tedious Memorization or Translation: Systematic structure teaches vocabulary and grammar naturally, without lists and drills.
Good foreign language software gives language learners the opportunity to practice speaking, listening, and writing the language that is being learned.
Second Language Learning
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- Human Service Certificates in Child and Family Services
- MS in Human Services
- Human Services
- And more...
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
Home to more than 58,000 students from all 50 states and 125 different countries, Rutgers’ mission is to prepare students to become productive members of society and good citizens of the world. That’s made possible by a faculty and staff of over 13,000 members, which includes an Abel Prize winner, Guggenheim Fellows, MacArthur “Genius Award” Fellows, Pulitzer Prize winners, and many more.
- Online Master of Information
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology : Child Development
Syracuse's Master's in Library and Information Science (MLIS) curriculum prepares students for careers in a broad range of settings, including academic institutions, public libraries, corporations, government agencies, and cultural institutions.
- MS in Information Management
- MS in Library and Information Science
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- MA in Human Services, Mental Health Administration Specialization
- MA in Human Services
- MA in Human Services, Not-for-Profit Management Specialization
- Bachelor of Arts in Human Services
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- General Studies - Bachelor
The MSW@USC is the first top-ranked MSW program offered nationally. Many online programs are limited to certain geographic areas or the availability of courses, making it necessary to travel to campus. Our program can be completed from virtually anywhere without the need to relocate to Southern California.
The USC School of Social Work works with selected agencies and organizations across the country that represent the complete range of social services. This provides MSW@USC students the opportunity to apply what they learn in class and a chance to work with real-life clients in the community.
- Doctor of Social Work
- Master of Social Work
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Gender Diversity Studies - MA in Psychology
- Gender Diversity Studies - PhD of Psychology
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Early Childhood
- B.S. in Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Special Education
- M.Ed. in Master of Education in Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Special Education-ITL
- And more...