Foreign language software is often available online, as downloadable online software, and on CD-ROM. In order to understand other cultures and societies, it is important to learn additional languages. There are various approaches to learning a new language, and using language software is one option to consider. There are many programs available for language learning. One approach that many programs use is that they use software to teach learners a new language using pictures, text and audio.
They also use word association with concept and then gradually build up new words and concepts based on the ones you already know. However, the secret rules of learning a new language are time, persistence, hard work, and practice. Motivation is perhaps the best indicator that you will succeed. And there are many reasons why you will and should succeed!
The Importance of Language-Learning
Why should we learn a foreign language? After all, the whole world speaks English. Well, there’s some truth in this argument, but only some. There are many reasons for learning a new language:
By learning a new language, you gain new horizons, but at the same time you reinforce your own identity, and therefore also your self-confidence. A foreign language can contribute to a stronger personality. Most good foreign language software has this built in.
It is a fundamental truth that cultures define themselves through languages. A foreign language gives you access to another culture. It gives you the ability to communicate and to exchange views with people all over the world that you would otherwise not have the chance to know.
Learning a foreign language opens up a whole new dimension. It has a positive effect on intellectual growth and it enriches and enhances mental development.Learning a foreign language is especially effective at an early age. It greatly benefits reading and writing in oneâ€™s own language; there’s evidence that, like musical education, it contributes significantly to the development of individual intelligence.
In a globalized world characterized by international links and inter-cultural connections, linguistic skills are crucial for employment and career. The knowledge of foreign languages increases job opportunities in many careers where knowing another language is a real asset.
What makes Rosetta Stone different from other language-learning products?
With the Rosetta Stone Language-learning Software you can learn a new language the way you learned your first as a child â€“ naturally!. The award-winning program doesnâ€™t require tedious translation, memorization, or grammar drills.
Benefits of the Rosetta Stone Language Learning Software:
- Choose from 30 Languages: Used by the U.S. Army, Fortune 500 companies, NASA, and over 10,000 schools worldwide!
- Learn All 4 Language Skills: Our balanced curriculum includes listening comprehension, speaking, reading, and writing.
- Available Online or in CD-ROM: Use Rosetta Stone on your personal computer or access anytime anywhere with just an Internet connection!
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed: All CD-ROM products are backed by our unconditional 6 Month Money-Back Guarantee There’s no risk! Select the foreign language software that fits your learning goals.
- Native Speakers & Speech Recognition: Improve your speech by imitating a native speaker.
- No Tedious Memorization or Translation: Systematic structure teaches vocabulary and grammar naturally, without lists and drills.
Good foreign language software gives language learners the opportunity to practice speaking, listening, and writing the language that is being learned.
Second Language Learning
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- English Language Learning - MAT
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- MS in Human and Social Services - Conflict Management and Negotiation
- MS in Human and Social Services - Disaster, Crisis, and Intervention
- PhD in Human and Social Services - Conflict Management and Negotiation
- And more...
The University of Southern California Doctor of Social Work (DSW) online program is designed for experienced practitioners to harness innovative solutions to solve real-world problems.
Unlike a PhD in social work, which prepares scholars for careers in research and the professoriate, the DSW@USC is an online advanced practice degree program for working professionals who want to have a greater impact in their practice.
- Doctor of Social Work (DSW)
- Prepare for your mission - earn your bachelor's or master's degree in theology online with Grand Canyon University.
- The College of Theology offers a variety of transformative degrees with real-world relevance.
- Choose from several degree options, such as Christian studies, pastoral ministry, Master of Divinity and more.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- GCU's College of Theology exists to educate students to communicate the gospel effectively, serve the church faithfully and minister with integrity.
- B.A. in Christian Studies with a concentration in Youth Ministry
- Ed.D. in Organizational Leadership - Christian Ministry
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Psychology - Applied Behavior Analysis Specialization
The USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work offers a CSWE-accredited online Master's in Social Work. The GRE is not required to apply to the MSW@USC program. Complete in as little as 1 year with a BSW.
The MSW@USC is the first top-ranked MSW program offered nationally. Many online programs are limited to certain geographic areas or the availability of courses, making it necessary to travel to campus. Our program can be completed from virtually anywhere without the need to relocate to Southern California.
- Master of Social Work
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Divinity - Pastoral Ministries
- Doctor of Ministry: Theology and Apologetics
- Doctor of Ministry: Chaplaincy
- And more...
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Electronic Music (C)
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- MSE Educational Diagnostics
Online Learning at Concordia University-Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Curriculum & Instruction: Early Childhood Education