Foreign language software is often available online, as downloadable online software, and on CD-ROM. In order to understand other cultures and societies, it is important to learn additional languages. There are various approaches to learning a new language, and using language software is one option to consider. There are many programs available for language learning. One approach that many programs use is that they use software to teach learners a new language using pictures, text and audio.
They also use word association with concept and then gradually build up new words and concepts based on the ones you already know. However, the secret rules of learning a new language are time, persistence, hard work, and practice. Motivation is perhaps the best indicator that you will succeed. And there are many reasons why you will and should succeed!
The Importance of Language-Learning
Why should we learn a foreign language? After all, the whole world speaks English. Well, there’s some truth in this argument, but only some. There are many reasons for learning a new language:
By learning a new language, you gain new horizons, but at the same time you reinforce your own identity, and therefore also your self-confidence. A foreign language can contribute to a stronger personality. Most good foreign language software has this built in.
It is a fundamental truth that cultures define themselves through languages. A foreign language gives you access to another culture. It gives you the ability to communicate and to exchange views with people all over the world that you would otherwise not have the chance to know.
Learning a foreign language opens up a whole new dimension. It has a positive effect on intellectual growth and it enriches and enhances mental development.Learning a foreign language is especially effective at an early age. It greatly benefits reading and writing in oneâ€™s own language; there’s evidence that, like musical education, it contributes significantly to the development of individual intelligence.
In a globalized world characterized by international links and inter-cultural connections, linguistic skills are crucial for employment and career. The knowledge of foreign languages increases job opportunities in many careers where knowing another language is a real asset.
What makes Rosetta Stone different from other language-learning products?
With the Rosetta Stone Language-learning Software you can learn a new language the way you learned your first as a child â€“ naturally!. The award-winning program doesnâ€™t require tedious translation, memorization, or grammar drills.
Benefits of the Rosetta Stone Language Learning Software:
- Choose from 30 Languages: Used by the U.S. Army, Fortune 500 companies, NASA, and over 10,000 schools worldwide!
- Learn All 4 Language Skills: Our balanced curriculum includes listening comprehension, speaking, reading, and writing.
- Available Online or in CD-ROM: Use Rosetta Stone on your personal computer or access anytime anywhere with just an Internet connection!
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed: All CD-ROM products are backed by our unconditional 6 Month Money-Back Guarantee There’s no risk! Select the foreign language software that fits your learning goals.
- Native Speakers & Speech Recognition: Improve your speech by imitating a native speaker.
- No Tedious Memorization or Translation: Systematic structure teaches vocabulary and grammar naturally, without lists and drills.
Good foreign language software gives language learners the opportunity to practice speaking, listening, and writing the language that is being learned.
Second Language Learning
- Bachelor degree programs include English, Education, Mathematics, Theatre, Biophysical Sciences, Christian Ministry, and more.
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Education Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Regent’s School of Education has yielded a 95% pass rate on the School Leadership Licensure Assessment.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Arts in English - Secondary English Education
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- English Language Learning - MAT