With an instructional technology degree, you learn the skills to help businesses run more efficiently and help employees develop their technological skills. In an accredited program you will attain the skills and knowledge for integrating technologies in K-12 classrooms, post-secondary education, and adult learning settings to effectively optimize student learning and engagement. You gain expertise in designing instructional material, creating efficient workplace environments, and improving educational and instructional systems. You can specialize in technology education, educational technology, get graduate certification, or get a master’s degree in curriculum and instruction with a focus on technology.
Instructional Technology Education and Training
Let as first begin by answering the question, “what is instructional technology?”. The is definition is one that incorporates both instructional theory and technology tools In other words, it is the use of teaching tools to improve learning and instructional outcomes. Tools include computers, cameras, audio and video equipment, PDA’s, computer-based gadgets, calculators, and much more.
However, the more important goal is how these tools can improve student learning. More businesses, schools, colleges, and universities are expanding their uses of technology and need experienced people to design materials and educate employees. This makes the degree an important process in training personnel who have a knowledge of instructional design theory and adult learning theories, as well as knowledge of e-learning and technology integration.
Instructional Technology Courses
While the instructional technology classes you may take in your graduate program may vary, some common examples of classes include: Multimedia design, Computer Applications In Education, Ethical And Legal Issues In Instructional Technology, Instructional Theory, Educational Technology Management, Current Trends in Instructional Technology among others.
Instructional Technology Careers
With the right credentials, you can work as an:
- Instructional material designer
- Educational consultant
- Instructional coordinator
- E-learning specialist
- Instructional designer
- Instructional specialist
To perform well at the job, one should be an effective communicator, good teacher, and have good writing and speaking skills. They should be able to make decisions about curricula, business technology, understand curriculum development, and have a good foundation in educational research design and evaluation. In addition they should be well versed in the use of educational technology.
Skilled educational technologist and instructional technologist are needed in K-12 learning environments as well colleges and universities. Federal, state, and local education and training agencies as we as the private sector higher instruction and e-learning specialists to integrate technology in teaching and learning processed in order to enhance learning outcomes.
Instructional Technology and Related Programs
- One of the first fully online M.Ed. programs to be accredited by TEAC (Teacher Education Accreditation Council)
- Courses within 6 distinct education specializations use real-world deliverables aligned with industry-specific objectives
- Specializations include elementary education, secondary education instructional design and technology and more
- AIU’s M.Ed. uses a proprietary adaptive learning engine to provide individualized content delivery not available at this scale in other online programs at this time.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Curriculum and Instruction for Educators
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Instructional Design and Technology
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to engage in a collaborative learning environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- MS in Education - Educational Psychology
- Instructional Design & Technology
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- M. Ed. in Teaching & Learning in Education Technology
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- MS in Instructional Technology (K-12)
- MS in Instructional Design and Technology - Adults
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Technology Education (Master of Education) - Online
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Curriculum and Teaching - Master of Education
- Curriculum and Teaching - Doctor of Education
- Curriculum and Teaching - PhD in Education
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Ed. S. in K-12 Leadership
- Early Childhood Education
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership