With an instructional technology degree, you learn the skills to help businesses run more efficiently and help employees develop their technological skills. In an accredited program you will attain the skills and knowledge for integrating technologies in K-12 classrooms, post-secondary education, and adult learning settings to effectively optimize student learning and engagement. You gain expertise in designing instructional material, creating efficient workplace environments, and improving educational and instructional systems. You can specialize in technology education, educational technology, get graduate certification, or get a master’s degree in curriculum and instruction with a focus on technology.
Instructional Technology Education and Training
Let as first begin by answering the question, “what is instructional technology?”. The is definition is one that incorporates both instructional theory and technology tools In other words, it is the use of teaching tools to improve learning and instructional outcomes. Tools include computers, cameras, audio and video equipment, PDA’s, computer-based gadgets, calculators, and much more.
However, the more important goal is how these tools can improve student learning. More businesses, schools, colleges, and universities are expanding their uses of technology and need experienced people to design materials and educate employees. This makes the degree an important process in training personnel who have a knowledge of instructional design theory and adult learning theories, as well as knowledge of e-learning and technology integration.
Instructional Technology Courses
While the instructional technology classes you may take in your graduate program may vary, some common examples of classes include: Multimedia design, Computer Applications In Education, Ethical And Legal Issues In Instructional Technology, Instructional Theory, Educational Technology Management, Current Trends in Instructional Technology among others.
Instructional Technology Careers
With the right credentials, you can work as an:
- Instructional material designer
- Educational consultant
- Instructional coordinator
- E-learning specialist
- Instructional designer
- Instructional specialist
To perform well at the job, one should be an effective communicator, good teacher, and have good writing and speaking skills. They should be able to make decisions about curricula, business technology, understand curriculum development, and have a good foundation in educational research design and evaluation. In addition they should be well versed in the use of educational technology.
Skilled educational technologist and instructional technologist are needed in K-12 learning environments as well colleges and universities. Federal, state, and local education and training agencies as we as the private sector higher instruction and e-learning specialists to integrate technology in teaching and learning processed in order to enhance learning outcomes.
Instructional Technology and Related Programs
- Education programs include BA in Education Studies, BA in Child Development, MA in Education, and more.
- Students can specialize in areas such as Education and Public Policy, Instructional Design, and Early Childhood Education.
- Flexible, online courses allow students to pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- MA/Education - Exceptional Systems for Revolutionizing Education
- BA/Instructional Design
- MA/Education - Curriculum & Instruction
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Instructional Design and Technology
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Curriculum and Instruction for Educators
- 100% Online Education Degrees - Ashford University
- Break new ground in your education career with your BA or MA in Education.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s & Associate's programs to prepare you for the invaluable role of guiding learners or shaping educational initiatives.
- Help Build the World's Future. Apply today!
- Curriculum & Instruction - Bachelors
- Curriculum & Instruction - Masters
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- MS in Education - Educational Psychology
- MS in Education in Instructional Technology - Adult Learning-Organizations
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership - Digital Learning Track
- Instructional Design & Technology
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- M. Ed. in Teaching & Learning in Education Technology
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- MS in Instructional Technology (K-12)
- MS in Instructional Design and Technology - Adults
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Curriculum and Teaching - Master of Education
- Curriculum and Teaching - Doctor of Education
- Curriculum and Teaching - PhD in Education
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- B.S. in Early Childhood
- B.S. in Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Special Education
- M.Ed. in Master of Education in Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Special Education-ITL
- And more...