With an instructional technology degree, you learn the skills to help businesses run more efficiently and help employees develop their technological skills. In an accredited program you will attain the skills and knowledge for integrating technologies in K-12 classrooms, post-secondary education, and adult learning settings to effectively optimize student learning and engagement. You gain expertise in designing instructional material, creating efficient workplace environments, and improving educational and instructional systems. You can specialize in technology education, educational technology, get graduate certification, or get a master’s degree in curriculum and instruction with a focus on technology.
Instructional Technology Education and Training
Let as first begin by answering the question, “what is instructional technology?”. The is definition is one that incorporates both instructional theory and technology tools In other words, it is the use of teaching tools to improve learning and instructional outcomes. Tools include computers, cameras, audio and video equipment, PDA’s, computer-based gadgets, calculators, and much more.
However, the more important goal is how these tools can improve student learning. More businesses, schools, colleges, and universities are expanding their uses of technology and need experienced people to design materials and educate employees. This makes the degree an important process in training personnel who have a knowledge of instructional design theory and adult learning theories, as well as knowledge of e-learning and technology integration.
Instructional Technology Courses
While the instructional technology classes you may take in your graduate program may vary, some common examples of classes include: Multimedia design, Computer Applications In Education, Ethical And Legal Issues In Instructional Technology, Instructional Theory, Educational Technology Management, Current Trends in Instructional Technology among others.
Instructional Technology Careers
With the right credentials, you can work as an:
- Instructional material designer
- Educational consultant
- Instructional coordinator
- E-learning specialist
- Instructional designer
- Instructional specialist
To perform well at the job, one should be an effective communicator, good teacher, and have good writing and speaking skills. They should be able to make decisions about curricula, business technology, understand curriculum development, and have a good foundation in educational research design and evaluation. In addition they should be well versed in the use of educational technology.
Skilled educational technologist and instructional technologist are needed in K-12 learning environments as well colleges and universities. Federal, state, and local education and training agencies as we as the private sector higher instruction and e-learning specialists to integrate technology in teaching and learning processed in order to enhance learning outcomes.
Instructional Technology and Related Programs
- Education programs include BA in Education Studies, BA in Child Development, and MA in Education.
- Students can specialize in areas such as Education and Public Policy, Instructional Design, and Early Childhood Education.
- Courses cover concepts such as phonics, curriculum development, instruction for English language learners, and more.
- Flexible, online courses allow students to pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- MA/Education - Exceptional Systems for Revolutionizing Education
- BA/Instructional Design
- MA/Education - Curriculum & Instruction
- And more...
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to engage in a collaborative learning environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- MS in Education - Educational Psychology
- MS in Education in Instructional Technology - Adult Learning-Organizations
- MS in Instructional Technology (K-12)
- One of the first fully online M.Ed. programs to be accredited by TEAC (Teacher Education Accreditation Council)
- Courses within 6 distinct education specializations use real-world deliverables aligned with industry-specific objectives
- Specializations include elementary education, secondary education instructional design and technology and more
- AIU’s M.Ed. uses a proprietary adaptive learning engine to provide individualized content delivery not available at this scale in other online programs at this time.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Curriculum and Instruction for Educators
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Instructional Design and Technology
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Ed. S. in K-12 Leadership
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education*
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
- Southern New Hampshire University believes in your right to affordable access to higher education.
- Private. Nonprofit. Accredited. And one of the lowest tuition rates in the nation.
- We believe you can succeed. We will be with you every step of the way. Find your program today at Snhu.edu.
- Education and Teaching Doctoral Degree
- Education and Teaching Certificate
- Education and Teaching Associate's Degree
- And more...
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership - Digital Learning Track
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Education Specialist in Instructional Design and Technology
- PhD in Instructional Design and Technology
- Instructional Design & Technology