With an instructional technology degree, you learn the skills to help businesses run more efficiently and help employees develop their technological skills. In an accredited program you will attain the skills and knowledge for integrating technologies in K-12 classrooms, post-secondary education, and adult learning settings to effectively optimize student learning and engagement. You gain expertise in designing instructional material, creating efficient workplace environments, and improving educational and instructional systems. You can specialize in technology education, educational technology, get graduate certification, or get a master’s degree in curriculum and instruction with a focus on technology.
Instructional Technology Education and Training
Let as first begin by answering the question, “what is instructional technology?”. The is definition is one that incorporates both instructional theory and technology tools In other words, it is the use of teaching tools to improve learning and instructional outcomes. Tools include computers, cameras, audio and video equipment, PDA’s, computer-based gadgets, calculators, and much more.
However, the more important goal is how these tools can improve student learning. More businesses, schools, colleges, and universities are expanding their uses of technology and need experienced people to design materials and educate employees. This makes the degree an important process in training personnel who have a knowledge of instructional design theory and adult learning theories, as well as knowledge of e-learning and technology integration.
Instructional Technology Courses
While the instructional technology classes you may take in your graduate program may vary, some common examples of classes include: Multimedia design, Computer Applications In Education, Ethical And Legal Issues In Instructional Technology, Instructional Theory, Educational Technology Management, Current Trends in Instructional Technology among others.
Instructional Technology Careers
With the right credentials, you can work as an:
- Instructional material designer
- Educational consultant
- Instructional coordinator
- E-learning specialist
- Instructional designer
- Instructional specialist
To perform well at the job, one should be an effective communicator, good teacher, and have good writing and speaking skills. They should be able to make decisions about curricula, business technology, understand curriculum development, and have a good foundation in educational research design and evaluation. In addition they should be well versed in the use of educational technology.
Skilled educational technologist and instructional technologist are needed in K-12 learning environments as well colleges and universities. Federal, state, and local education and training agencies as we as the private sector higher instruction and e-learning specialists to integrate technology in teaching and learning processed in order to enhance learning outcomes.
Instructional Technology and Related Programs
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.Ed - Integrating Technology in the Classroom (Grades K-12)
- Doctor of Education - Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment (K-12)
- Instructional Design & Technology
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- MS in Education in Instructional Technology - Adult Learning - Organizations
Online Learning at Concordia University-Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Environmental Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Methods & Curriculum
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Education - Educational Psychology
- MS in Education in Instructional Technology - Adult Learning-Organizations
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Curriculum and Teaching - Master of Education
- Doctor of Philosophy in Instructional Design
- Instructional Leadership - Doctor of Education
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- M. Ed. in Teaching & Learning in Education Technology
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Technology Education (Master of Education) - Online
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Early Childhood Education, ESL/TESOL, Special Education, Education Leadership and Administration, and Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Education and Teaching Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Education and Teaching Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!