Knowledge management training programs focus on the study of knowledge and learning management in organizations and government agencies with the intention to support organizational goals and objectives. What is knowledge management? What does the study of knowledge management entail? Peter Drucker was a writer, educator, and management consultant who coined the term Knowledge Management in 1959. He believed that managers should impart knowledge but also track the innovation that occurs as a result. The field of knowledge management is an evolving field that changes as the structure and management of business and technology evolves. For this reason the Knowledge Management MBA is constantly changing so as to keep up with the changes in the work place and global market. The knowledge management degree prepares graduates to work with organizational policies and regulations, information systems, and operations and human resources (personnel) management.
Knowledge Management Education and Training
A knowledge management program may be offered as part of an MBA program. This can also include knowledge management certification. The knowledge management course work focuses on teaching students how to access and utilize information effectively and efficiently.
The knowledge management program also helps graduates understand how to analyze the information and disseminate it to the proper channel in order to effect change. Knowledge Management courses are about teaching business students the strategies and polices needed to manage a company’s intellectual assets effectively. Knowledge management courses may include:
- Information Needs for the Knowledge Workers
- Law of Knowledge Management
- Economics of Knowledge Management
- Management of Information and Knowledge
- Information Access and Information Literacy
- Knowledge Management Technologies
With technology being a key element of the knowledge management degree one can expect to cover topics in database and media management. Information management and security is another key subject area. Once you complete your knowledge management training or degree program, you will be ready to work in a variety of industries analyzing the information needs of your organization and working with colleagues to ensure the proper materials are utilized to locate the information and analyze results.
Knowledge Management Careers
All companies rely on those that research and analyze information and trends in order to make professional decisions about the future of an organization. As a knowledge manager, you would get knowledge management training that then gives you the responsibility to consider important details and pass useful information on to those who have the power to redesign company programs, management or departmental structure based on your input. Knowledge management studies are on the cutting edge of business.
In order for the employees of an organization to be most effective, they must have access to the necessary information. And as they say, “Knowledge is Power”. To become a knowledge manager, one can chose various paths including:
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Executive level management (Chief Knowledge Officer)
Estimated Income and Project Career Growth
Business managers with knowledge management training with specializations in knowledge and information organization can earn about $55,000 a year with a bachelor degree. With an knowledge management MBA the income is often over $100,000 a year depending on the company. In large organizations, the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) often earns a good income as well. The field of knowledge management continues to expand and as it does so, the opportunities will increase as well.
Knowledge Management and Related Programs
- Boldly pursue your future in business with an online degree from Post University
- Degrees at all levels with concentrations in Finance, Marketing, and much more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Certificate: H.R. Management
- Master of Business Administration - Leadership
- Master of Business Administration - Multidisciplinary
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.B.A.: Strategic Human Resource Management
- M.B.A.: Leadership
- M.B.A. and M.S. in Leadership (Dual Degree)
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S. in Human Resource Management - Functional Human Resource Management
- M.S. in Human Resource Management - Integrating Functional & Strategic Human Resource Management
- M.S. in Human Resource Management - Organizational Strategy
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- MS in Management - Human Resources
- BS in Business Administration - Human Resources
- MBA - Human Resources
- And more...
- Master of Business Administration in Organizational Development and Human Resource Management (MBAODHRM)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- And more...
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Bachelor of Science in Human Resources Management
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- And more...
- Our online program blends modern business theory with real-world applications
- SACS accredited with associate's, baccalaureate, & master's degrees & diplomas
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Ranked one of the best for vets business schools by Military Times
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Business Administration - Bachelor's
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Human Resources Management
- Human Resources Management - MBA
- Human Resources Management - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- And more...
Named a “Best College” by U.S. News & World Report, The Princeton Review, and Forbes, Simmons University has earned a reputation for providing a pioneering liberal arts education for undergraduates integrated with professional work experience. Today, Simmons offers renowned coeducational graduate programs in business, communications management, nursing and health sciences, education, liberal arts, social work, and library and information science.