Knowledge management training programs focus on the study of knowledge and learning management in organizations and government agencies with the intention to support organizational goals and objectives. What is knowledge management? What does the study of knowledge management entail? Peter Drucker was a writer, educator, and management consultant who coined the term Knowledge Management in 1959. He believed that managers should impart knowledge but also track the innovation that occurs as a result. The field of knowledge management is an evolving field that changes as the structure and management of business and technology evolves. For this reason the Knowledge Management MBA is constantly changing so as to keep up with the changes in the work place and global market. The knowledge management degree prepares graduates to work with organizational policies and regulations, information systems, and operations and human resources (personnel) management.
Knowledge Management Education and Training
A knowledge management program may be offered as part of an MBA program. This can also include knowledge management certification. The knowledge management course work focuses on teaching students how to access and utilize information effectively and efficiently.
The knowledge management program also helps graduates understand how to analyze the information and disseminate it to the proper channel in order to effect change. Knowledge Management courses are about teaching business students the strategies and polices needed to manage a company’s intellectual assets effectively. Knowledge management courses may include:
- Information Needs for the Knowledge Workers
- Law of Knowledge Management
- Economics of Knowledge Management
- Management of Information and Knowledge
- Information Access and Information Literacy
- Knowledge Management Technologies
With technology being a key element of the knowledge management degree one can expect to cover topics in database and media management. Information management and security is another key subject area. Once you complete your knowledge management training or degree program, you will be ready to work in a variety of industries analyzing the information needs of your organization and working with colleagues to ensure the proper materials are utilized to locate the information and analyze results.
Knowledge Management Careers
All companies rely on those that research and analyze information and trends in order to make professional decisions about the future of an organization. As a knowledge manager, you would get knowledge management training that then gives you the responsibility to consider important details and pass useful information on to those who have the power to redesign company programs, management or departmental structure based on your input. Knowledge management studies are on the cutting edge of business.
In order for the employees of an organization to be most effective, they must have access to the necessary information. And as they say, “Knowledge is Power”. To become a knowledge manager, one can chose various paths including:
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Executive level management (Chief Knowledge Officer)
Estimated Income and Project Career Growth
Business managers with knowledge management training with specializations in knowledge and information organization can earn about $55,000 a year with a bachelor degree. With an knowledge management MBA the income is often over $100,000 a year depending on the company. In large organizations, the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) often earns a good income as well. The field of knowledge management continues to expand and as it does so, the opportunities will increase as well.
Knowledge Management and Related Programs
- Online bachelor's and master's level Business programs are available.
- Courses are designed to teach practical business solutions, with a career-focused curriculum.
- Students can study in areas such as business, applied management, and business administration.
- Experienced professionals equip students with a working knowledge of marketing, financing, accounting, and sales.
- Students who have graduated high school in or before 2015 are eligible to apply.
- Business (Associate's)
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Human Resources
- MBA - Human Resources
- BS in Business Administration - Human Resources
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Human Resource Management
- MBA - Human Resource Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Management
- And more...
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- BA/Human Resource Management
- MA/Organizational Management - Human Resources Management
- MBA - Human Resources Management
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Human Resource Management
- Master of Business Administration - Human Resource Management
- Master of Business Administration
- And more...
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) recently received state approval to enroll students with little to no prior college experience. To help ensure student success, the university has created a program especially for these students who plan on starting their college experience for the first time with us.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- BS - Human Resource Management
- Graduate Certificate - Human Resource Management
- Master - Human Resource Management
#1 Best Online College
Northern Arizona University understands the need for flexibility in your learning journey. You can earn your degree alongside life’s commitments by enrolling in NAU Online. With 80+ degree options available, you’re sure to find the perfect degree to match your career goals!
- Small Business Administration - BBA
Study online with University of Maryland at College Park. We offer an online master of business administration program through our Robert H. Smith School of Business.
- MBA - General
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Science in Management : Human Resources
- Master of Business Administration : Human Resources
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration : Human Resources
- And more...