Knowledge management training programs focus on the study of knowledge and learning management in organizations and government agencies with the intention to support organizational goals and objectives. What is knowledge management? What does the study of knowledge management entail? Peter Drucker was a writer, educator, and management consultant who coined the term Knowledge Management in 1959. He believed that managers should impart knowledge but also track the innovation that occurs as a result. The field of knowledge management is an evolving field that changes as the structure and management of business and technology evolves. For this reason the Knowledge Management MBA is constantly changing so as to keep up with the changes in the work place and global market. The knowledge management degree prepares graduates to work with organizational policies and regulations, information systems, and operations and human resources (personnel) management.
Knowledge Management Education and Training
A knowledge management program may be offered as part of an MBA program. This can also include knowledge management certification. The knowledge management course work focuses on teaching students how to access and utilize information effectively and efficiently.
The knowledge management program also helps graduates understand how to analyze the information and disseminate it to the proper channel in order to effect change. Knowledge Management courses are about teaching business students the strategies and polices needed to manage a company’s intellectual assets effectively. Knowledge management courses may include:
- Information Needs for the Knowledge Workers
- Law of Knowledge Management
- Economics of Knowledge Management
- Management of Information and Knowledge
- Information Access and Information Literacy
- Knowledge Management Technologies
With technology being a key element of the knowledge management degree one can expect to cover topics in database and media management. Information management and security is another key subject area. Once you complete your knowledge management training or degree program, you will be ready to work in a variety of industries analyzing the information needs of your organization and working with colleagues to ensure the proper materials are utilized to locate the information and analyze results.
Knowledge Management Careers
All companies rely on those that research and analyze information and trends in order to make professional decisions about the future of an organization. As a knowledge manager, you would get knowledge management training that then gives you the responsibility to consider important details and pass useful information on to those who have the power to redesign company programs, management or departmental structure based on your input. Knowledge management studies are on the cutting edge of business.
In order for the employees of an organization to be most effective, they must have access to the necessary information. And as they say, “Knowledge is Power”. To become a knowledge manager, one can chose various paths including:
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Executive level management (Chief Knowledge Officer)
Estimated Income and Project Career Growth
Business managers with knowledge management training with specializations in knowledge and information organization can earn about $55,000 a year with a bachelor degree. With an knowledge management MBA the income is often over $100,000 a year depending on the company. In large organizations, the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) often earns a good income as well. The field of knowledge management continues to expand and as it does so, the opportunities will increase as well.
Knowledge Management and Related Programs
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Strategic Human Resource Management
- M.B.A.: Leadership
- M.B.A. and M.S. in Leadership (Dual Degree)
- And more...
- Our top-ranking program blends modern business theory with real-world experience
- Institutionally accredited by SACSCOC with ACBSP graduate business program accreditation
- High-quality, Christ-centered education with online and select on-campus & evening courses
- Qualifying bachelor's students can transfer up to 90 credit hours into their degree program
- 86% of Regent students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science in Business - HR Management
- Master of Business Administration - Human Resources Management
- Master of Business Administration - Leadership
- And more...
- Top-ranked online MBA
- As few as 24 months to complete
- GMAT waivers for experienced professionalsin 24 months.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Six concentrations available
- AACSB accredited
- Master of Business Adminitration (MBA)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- DBA in Human Resources
- MBA - Human Resources
- BS: Business Administration - Human Resources
- And more...
- Our online program blends modern business theory with real-world applications
- SACS accredited with associate's, baccalaureate, & master's degrees & diplomas
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Ranked one of the best for vets business schools by Military Times
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Business Administration - Bachelor's
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Human Resources Management - MBA
- Human Resources Management - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Human Resources Management - D.B.A.
- And more...
- Suit Up! Success Waits For No One!
- Take Action Now! Find The Perfect Business Program For You
- Get Matched For Free Today!