Knowledge management training programs focus on the study of knowledge and learning management in organizations and government agencies with the intention to support organizational goals and objectives. What is knowledge management? What does the study of knowledge management entail? Peter Drucker was a writer, educator, and management consultant who coined the term Knowledge Management in 1959. He believed that managers should impart knowledge but also track the innovation that occurs as a result. The field of knowledge management is an evolving field that changes as the structure and management of business and technology evolves. For this reason the Knowledge Management MBA is constantly changing so as to keep up with the changes in the work place and global market. The knowledge management degree prepares graduates to work with organizational policies and regulations, information systems, and operations and human resources (personnel) management.
Knowledge Management Education and Training
A knowledge management program may be offered as part of an MBA program. This can also include knowledge management certification. The knowledge management course work focuses on teaching students how to access and utilize information effectively and efficiently.
The knowledge management program also helps graduates understand how to analyze the information and disseminate it to the proper channel in order to effect change. Knowledge Management courses are about teaching business students the strategies and polices needed to manage a company’s intellectual assets effectively. Knowledge management courses may include:
- Information Needs for the Knowledge Workers
- Law of Knowledge Management
- Economics of Knowledge Management
- Management of Information and Knowledge
- Information Access and Information Literacy
- Knowledge Management Technologies
With technology being a key element of the knowledge management degree one can expect to cover topics in database and media management. Information management and security is another key subject area. Once you complete your knowledge management training or degree program, you will be ready to work in a variety of industries analyzing the information needs of your organization and working with colleagues to ensure the proper materials are utilized to locate the information and analyze results.
Knowledge Management Careers
All companies rely on those that research and analyze information and trends in order to make professional decisions about the future of an organization. As a knowledge manager, you would get knowledge management training that then gives you the responsibility to consider important details and pass useful information on to those who have the power to redesign company programs, management or departmental structure based on your input. Knowledge management studies are on the cutting edge of business.
In order for the employees of an organization to be most effective, they must have access to the necessary information. And as they say, “Knowledge is Power”. To become a knowledge manager, one can chose various paths including:
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Executive level management (Chief Knowledge Officer)
Estimated Income and Project Career Growth
Business managers with knowledge management training with specializations in knowledge and information organization can earn about $55,000 a year with a bachelor degree. With an knowledge management MBA the income is often over $100,000 a year depending on the company. In large organizations, the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) often earns a good income as well. The field of knowledge management continues to expand and as it does so, the opportunities will increase as well.
Knowledge Management and Related Programs
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S. in Human Resource Management - Functional Human Resource Management
- M.S. in Human Resource Management - Integrating Functional & Strategic Human Resource Management
- M.S. in Human Resource Management - Organizational Strategy
- And more...
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Human Resource Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Management
- MBA - Management
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Human Resources
- BS in Business Administration - Human Resources
- MBA - Human Resources
- And more...
At SNHU, we believe everyone should have greater access to higher education. That’s why we offer over 200 accredited degree programs, flexible class schedules, and some of the lowest online tuition rates in the nation. We offer military tuition discounts up to 30% toward online undergraduate and graduate degree programs for U.S. service members, both full and part time, and the spouses of those on active duty.
- MS Human Resource Management
- MBA with concentration in Human Resources
- IMBA - Human Resources
- And more...
- Our online program blends modern business theory with real-world applications
- SACS accredited with associate's, baccalaureate, & master's degrees & diplomas
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Ranked one of the best for vets business schools by Military Times
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Business Administration - Bachelor's
- Master of Business Administration in Organizational Development and Human Resource Management (MBAODHRM)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes. 100% Free Match to Top Colleges.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You'll Love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!