Knowledge management training programs focus on the study of knowledge and learning management in organizations and government agencies with the intention to support organizational goals and objectives. What is knowledge management? What does the study of knowledge management entail? Peter Drucker was a writer, educator, and management consultant who coined the term Knowledge Management in 1959. He believed that managers should impart knowledge but also track the innovation that occurs as a result. The field of knowledge management is an evolving field that changes as the structure and management of business and technology evolves. For this reason the Knowledge Management MBA is constantly changing so as to keep up with the changes in the work place and global market. The knowledge management degree prepares graduates to work with organizational policies and regulations, information systems, and operations and human resources (personnel) management.
Knowledge Management Education and Training
A knowledge management program may be offered as part of an MBA program. This can also include knowledge management certification. The knowledge management course work focuses on teaching students how to access and utilize information effectively and efficiently.
The knowledge management program also helps graduates understand how to analyze the information and disseminate it to the proper channel in order to effect change. Knowledge Management courses are about teaching business students the strategies and polices needed to manage a company’s intellectual assets effectively. Knowledge management courses may include:
- Information Needs for the Knowledge Workers
- Law of Knowledge Management
- Economics of Knowledge Management
- Management of Information and Knowledge
- Information Access and Information Literacy
- Knowledge Management Technologies
With technology being a key element of the knowledge management degree one can expect to cover topics in database and media management. Information management and security is another key subject area. Once you complete your knowledge management training or degree program, you will be ready to work in a variety of industries analyzing the information needs of your organization and working with colleagues to ensure the proper materials are utilized to locate the information and analyze results.
Knowledge Management Careers
All companies rely on those that research and analyze information and trends in order to make professional decisions about the future of an organization. As a knowledge manager, you would get knowledge management training that then gives you the responsibility to consider important details and pass useful information on to those who have the power to redesign company programs, management or departmental structure based on your input. Knowledge management studies are on the cutting edge of business.
In order for the employees of an organization to be most effective, they must have access to the necessary information. And as they say, “Knowledge is Power”. To become a knowledge manager, one can chose various paths including:
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Executive level management (Chief Knowledge Officer)
Estimated Income and Project Career Growth
Business managers with knowledge management training with specializations in knowledge and information organization can earn about $55,000 a year with a bachelor degree. With an knowledge management MBA the income is often over $100,000 a year depending on the company. In large organizations, the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) often earns a good income as well. The field of knowledge management continues to expand and as it does so, the opportunities will increase as well.
Knowledge Management and Related Programs
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.B.A. in Human Resource Management
- D.B.A. - Human Resource Management
- M.S. in Human Resource Management - Functional Human Resource Management
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.B.A.: Strategic Human Resource Management
- M.B.A.: Leadership
- M.B.A. and M.S. in Leadership (Dual Degree)
- And more...
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Human Resource Management
- Master of Business Administration - Human Resource Management
- Master of Business Administration
- And more...
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Business Administration - Bachelor's
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Bachelor of Science in Business - HR Management
- Master of Business Administration - Human Resources Management
- Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership - Human Resource Development
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- MBA Nursing Administration and Leadership (MBA) - Online
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Business Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Marketing and Advertising, Business Information Systems Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Business Administration and Management Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!