A master degree online can be earned in a variety of disciplines both in the arts and sciences for example education, health and nursing computer science and business to mention a few areas of study. The different areas of study include in online masters programs include education, business, human services, health and medical, psychology, counseling, human services, computers and information technology, liberal arts, social sciences, arts, sciences and other areas of study. The selected colleges and universities in the United States offer accredited masters and advanced professional degrees beyond the bachelors or undergraduate degree level. The master degree online programs discussed below are offered by accredited universities and colleges. In some particular specializations, it is possible to obtain a combination bachelor’s/master’s degree, and this usually takes five years to complete.
Masters Education and Training
In the United States, there are two kinds of master degree online programs. These master degree online programs are: (M.A. or MS.) and professional (e.g. LLM, MFA, MSW, MPA etc.). Most online M.A degree and and online M.S degree programs require anywhere from 30-36 credit hour. Other masters programs may require students to take up to 60 hours to graduate.
To get into a master degree online in most graduate programs you would to complete standardized exams such as the GMAT or GRE in addition to a good undergraduate GPA. In most programs students take advanced courses, some write a thesis (a significant scholarly work based on independent research), and others have internships or practical work experience, depending on their graduate degree or field of study.
For most master degree online programs and professional courses, the master degree online normally takes anywhere from one to three years, with most averaging two years. For those taking courses part time, the degree takes about three years to complete. In most cases a bachelors degree in a related field is required, otherwise graduate students may be ask to take additional foundation courses.
Careers with a Masters Degree
Accredited master degree online programs are designed to give graduates a higher level of authority and responsibility than bachelor’s degree-holders and they earn at least 20% higher income annually with masters degree credentials.
Some of the fastest growing careers with a master degree online include: Business administration and management(MBA), medical and health care (nursing, and health administration and management), education, psychology and counseling, library science, computer and information technology (I.T), criminal justice, and environmental science.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Growth
The income level with master degree online varies according to the specialization, education, and years of related experience. Completing an graduate or advanced degree does lead to future financial gains. According to United States Census Bureau, in 2003 the average earns for a high school graduate was around $28,000, with a bachelor degree the income was around $51,300, while with a advanced degree the income level grew to about $75,000 on average.
Masters Degree Programs
- Associate’s, Bachelor’s, and Master’s degrees available in a wide range of fields.
- Flexible online programs offered in Psychology, Criminal Justice, Education, and more.
- Assigned Financial Services Advisors to help answer student financial questions.
- Servicemembers and their spouses can apply for the Ashford Military Grant to reduce tuition for all undergraduate courses.
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Start your journey! Classes starting Aug 17.
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives. From our comprehensive undergraduate courses to our highly rated MBA program, a Rutgers education is a life-changing experience that gives the student the skills and knowledge to compete globally while broadening their appreciation for how the world works. Many describe it as one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives – professionally and personally.