A master degree online can be earned in a variety of disciplines both in the arts and sciences for example education, health and nursing computer science and business to mention a few areas of study. The different areas of study include in online masters programs include education, business, human services, health and medical, psychology, counseling, human services, computers and information technology, liberal arts, social sciences, arts, sciences and other areas of study. The selected colleges and universities in the United States offer accredited masters and advanced professional degrees beyond the bachelors or undergraduate degree level. The master degree online programs discussed below are offered by accredited universities and colleges. In some particular specializations, it is possible to obtain a combination bachelor’s/master’s degree, and this usually takes five years to complete.
Masters Education and Training
In the United States, there are two kinds of master degree online programs. These master degree online programs are: (M.A. or MS.) and professional (e.g. LLM, MFA, MSW, MPA etc.). Most online M.A degree and and online M.S degree programs require anywhere from 30-36 credit hour. Other masters programs may require students to take up to 60 hours to graduate.
To get into a master degree online in most graduate programs you would to complete standardized exams such as the GMAT or GRE in addition to a good undergraduate GPA. In most programs students take advanced courses, some write a thesis (a significant scholarly work based on independent research), and others have internships or practical work experience, depending on their graduate degree or field of study.
For most master degree online programs and professional courses, the master degree online normally takes anywhere from one to three years, with most averaging two years. For those taking courses part time, the degree takes about three years to complete. In most cases a bachelors degree in a related field is required, otherwise graduate students may be ask to take additional foundation courses.
Careers with a Masters Degree
Accredited master degree online programs are designed to give graduates a higher level of authority and responsibility than bachelor’s degree-holders and they earn at least 20% higher income annually with masters degree credentials.
Some of the fastest growing careers with a master degree online include: Business administration and management(MBA), medical and health care (nursing, and health administration and management), education, psychology and counseling, library science, computer and information technology (I.T), criminal justice, and environmental science.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Growth
The income level with master degree online varies according to the specialization, education, and years of related experience. Completing an graduate or advanced degree does lead to future financial gains. According to United States Census Bureau, in 2003 the average earns for a high school graduate was around $28,000, with a bachelor degree the income was around $51,300, while with a advanced degree the income level grew to about $75,000 on average.
Masters Degree Programs
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
As a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health services that are designed for the future of the field. Through cutting-edge coursework, industry-active faculty members, and an array of majors and graduate programs, Regis has been able to positively impact the educational community, health services landscape, and personal lives of students nationwide.
The online Master of Social Work program from Fordham University’s top-ranked Graduate School of Social Service (GSS) is one of the nation’s largest schools of social work. Rooted in the tradition of care for the whole person, GSS has been providing high-quality social work education for more than 100 years. Students develop skills that extend across populations and social work contexts as they progress through the University’s forward-facing curriculum. Bachelor's degree required.
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
Syracuse University’s School of Information Studies (iSchool)—The Original Information School—is proud of its position as a leader in the field. The iSchool’s community of more than 50 faculty members, more than 1,400 students, and nearly 10,000 alumni are dedicated to driving innovation in information services and leveraging the power of information to build a better world.
You can receive a top-notch education in a flexible environment. Learn more about the Villanova online learning experience and the difference that sets us apart by further exploring our online programs.
Rankings- Villanova University is consistently ranked among the best in the nation
- The Villanova School of Business (VSB) was recognized among the top schools in the nation on the U.S. News & World Report's annual Best Online Graduate Business Programs ranking, earning the #1 rank.
- Villanova University was recognized among the top schools in the nation on the U.S. News & World Report's annual Best Online MBA Programs.
- Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law is approved by the Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar of the American Bar Association, 321 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60654, (312) 988-6738. 21 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60654, (312) 988-6738.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.