A master degree online can be earned in a variety of disciplines both in the arts and sciences for example education, health and nursing computer science and business to mention a few areas of study. The different areas of study include in online masters programs include education, business, human services, health and medical, psychology, counseling, human services, computers and information technology, liberal arts, social sciences, arts, sciences and other areas of study. The selected colleges and universities in the United States offer accredited masters and advanced professional degrees beyond the bachelors or undergraduate degree level. The master degree online programs discussed below are offered by accredited universities and colleges. In some particular specializations, it is possible to obtain a combination bachelor’s/master’s degree, and this usually takes five years to complete.
Masters Education and Training
In the United States, there are two kinds of master degree online programs. These master degree online programs are: (M.A. or MS.) and professional (e.g. LLM, MFA, MSW, MPA etc.). Most online M.A degree and and online M.S degree programs require anywhere from 30-36 credit hour. Other masters programs may require students to take up to 60 hours to graduate.
To get into a master degree online in most graduate programs you would to complete standardized exams such as the GMAT or GRE in addition to a good undergraduate GPA. In most programs students take advanced courses, some write a thesis (a significant scholarly work based on independent research), and others have internships or practical work experience, depending on their graduate degree or field of study.
For most master degree online programs and professional courses, the master degree online normally takes anywhere from one to three years, with most averaging two years. For those taking courses part time, the degree takes about three years to complete. In most cases a bachelors degree in a related field is required, otherwise graduate students may be ask to take additional foundation courses.
Careers with a Masters Degree
Accredited master degree online programs are designed to give graduates a higher level of authority and responsibility than bachelor’s degree-holders and they earn at least 20% higher income annually with masters degree credentials.
Some of the fastest growing careers with a master degree online include: Business administration and management(MBA), medical and health care (nursing, and health administration and management), education, psychology and counseling, library science, computer and information technology (I.T), criminal justice, and environmental science.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Growth
The income level with master degree online varies according to the specialization, education, and years of related experience. Completing an graduate or advanced degree does lead to future financial gains. According to United States Census Bureau, in 2003 the average earns for a high school graduate was around $28,000, with a bachelor degree the income was around $51,300, while with a advanced degree the income level grew to about $75,000 on average.
Masters Degree Programs
- Associate’s, Bachelor’s, and Master’s degrees available in a wide range of fields.
- Flexible online programs offered in Psychology, Criminal Justice, Education, and more.
- Servicemembers and their spouses can apply for the Ashford Military Grant to reduce tuition for all undergraduate courses.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Full Sail's curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Students gain real-world experience by working with industry-standard tools and technologies
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
Home to more than 58,000 students from all 50 states and 125 different countries, Rutgers’ mission is to prepare students to become productive members of society and good citizens of the world. That’s made possible by a faculty and staff of over 13,000 members, which includes an Abel Prize winner, Guggenheim Fellows, MacArthur “Genius Award” Fellows, Pulitzer Prize winners, and many more.
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country (Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C.) and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.