A master degree online can be earned in a variety of disciplines both in the arts and sciences for example education, health and nursing computer science and business to mention a few areas of study. The different areas of study include in online masters programs include education, business, human services, health and medical, psychology, counseling, human services, computers and information technology, liberal arts, social sciences, arts, sciences and other areas of study. The selected colleges and universities in the United States offer accredited masters and advanced professional degrees beyond the bachelors or undergraduate degree level. The master degree online programs discussed below are offered by accredited universities and colleges. In some particular specializations, it is possible to obtain a combination bachelor’s/master’s degree, and this usually takes five years to complete.
Masters Education and Training
In the United States, there are two kinds of master degree online programs. These master degree online programs are: (M.A. or MS.) and professional (e.g. LLM, MFA, MSW, MPA etc.). Most online M.A degree and and online M.S degree programs require anywhere from 30-36 credit hour. Other masters programs may require students to take up to 60 hours to graduate.
To get into a master degree online in most graduate programs you would to complete standardized exams such as the GMAT or GRE in addition to a good undergraduate GPA. In most programs students take advanced courses, some write a thesis (a significant scholarly work based on independent research), and others have internships or practical work experience, depending on their graduate degree or field of study.
For most master degree online programs and professional courses, the master degree online normally takes anywhere from one to three years, with most averaging two years. For those taking courses part time, the degree takes about three years to complete. In most cases a bachelors degree in a related field is required, otherwise graduate students may be ask to take additional foundation courses.
Careers with a Masters Degree
Accredited master degree online programs are designed to give graduates a higher level of authority and responsibility than bachelor’s degree-holders and they earn at least 20% higher income annually with masters degree credentials.
Some of the fastest growing careers with a master degree online include: Business administration and management(MBA), medical and health care (nursing, and health administration and management), education, psychology and counseling, library science, computer and information technology (I.T), criminal justice, and environmental science.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Growth
The income level with master degree online varies according to the specialization, education, and years of related experience. Completing an graduate or advanced degree does lead to future financial gains. According to United States Census Bureau, in 2003 the average earns for a high school graduate was around $28,000, with a bachelor degree the income was around $51,300, while with a advanced degree the income level grew to about $75,000 on average.
Masters Degree Programs
- Personalized learning that’s guided by industry trends
- Technology-driven approach designed to help you reach your potential
- Access to real-world learning and strong thought leadership
- Convenient ways to complete your degree even with a busy schedule
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
You can receive a top-notch education in a flexible environment. Learn more about the Villanova online learning experience and the difference that sets us apart by further exploring our online programs.
Rankings- Villanova University is consistently ranked among the best in the nation.
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
Online Learning at Concordia University–Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
Northeastern University’s D’Amore-McKim School of Business is pleased to offer a 100% online MBA. At Northeastern, you can build on your current career success, expand your managerial skills and knowledge base, and put your new learning to use in your place of work.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.