A master degree online can be earned in a variety of disciplines both in the arts and sciences for example education, health and nursing computer science and business to mention a few areas of study. The different areas of study include in online masters programs include education, business, human services, health and medical, psychology, counseling, human services, computers and information technology, liberal arts, social sciences, arts, sciences and other areas of study. The selected colleges and universities in the United States offer accredited masters and advanced professional degrees beyond the bachelors or undergraduate degree level. The master degree online programs discussed below are offered by accredited universities and colleges. In some particular specializations, it is possible to obtain a combination bachelor’s/master’s degree, and this usually takes five years to complete.
Masters Education and Training
In the United States, there are two kinds of master degree online programs. These master degree online programs are: (M.A. or MS.) and professional (e.g. LLM, MFA, MSW, MPA etc.). Most online M.A degree and and online M.S degree programs require anywhere from 30-36 credit hour. Other masters programs may require students to take up to 60 hours to graduate.
To get into a master degree online in most graduate programs you would to complete standardized exams such as the GMAT or GRE in addition to a good undergraduate GPA. In most programs students take advanced courses, some write a thesis (a significant scholarly work based on independent research), and others have internships or practical work experience, depending on their graduate degree or field of study.
For most master degree online programs and professional courses, the master degree online normally takes anywhere from one to three years, with most averaging two years. For those taking courses part time, the degree takes about three years to complete. In most cases a bachelors degree in a related field is required, otherwise graduate students may be ask to take additional foundation courses.
Careers with a Masters Degree
Accredited master degree online programs are designed to give graduates a higher level of authority and responsibility than bachelor’s degree-holders and they earn at least 20% higher income annually with masters degree credentials.
Some of the fastest growing careers with a master degree online include: Business administration and management(MBA), medical and health care (nursing, and health administration and management), education, psychology and counseling, library science, computer and information technology (I.T), criminal justice, and environmental science.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Growth
The income level with master degree online varies according to the specialization, education, and years of related experience. Completing an graduate or advanced degree does lead to future financial gains. According to United States Census Bureau, in 2003 the average earns for a high school graduate was around $28,000, with a bachelor degree the income was around $51,300, while with a advanced degree the income level grew to about $75,000 on average.
Masters Degree Programs
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880. What began as an academic institution of just 53 students has now grown to more than 38,000. Today USC continues to uphold its tradition of integrating liberal and professional education, fostering a vibrant culture of public service and encouraging students to cross academic as well as geographic boundaries in their pursuit of knowledge.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
Online Learning at Concordia University-Portland
Concordia University-Portland offers several fully online one-year Master of Education (MEd) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques to amplify your impact in the field of education.
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
For nearly a century, Columbia International University has educated people from a biblical worldview to impact the nations with the message of Christ. Today we continue that effort, offering 21 degree programs for residential undergraduate students, as well as graduate and seminary programs, professional certificates, and convenient online programs for working adults.
Ohio University has offered distance learning educational opportunities for more than 100 years. Our nationally-ranked graduate programs provide flexible opportunities to students around the globe
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.