This page provides universities and programs offering masters programs online in many different areas of study including education, health and nursing, business, computer and information technology. Flexible learning options and online graduate programs in these colleges and universities are designed for busy professionals. Get detailed information on popular masters programs in the United States from the accredited universities below and from individual resources on this site provided below. Many people seeking a masters degree do so as to advance in their career and also to earn more income. Other people get a masters degree so that they can change to a new profession. Students are generally required to take core courses, often in a specialized area in online master degrees. In addition, most accredited masters programs will make completing a thesis or terminal research paper or project a requirement for graduation. Other programs might require students to do a comprehensive exam or an internship both.
Programs in Instructional Design and Technology
Instructional design degree programs offer different areas of specialization which include instructional development, multimedia development, training etc. Instructional designers, instructional technologist, or e-learning specialists work in many areas including corporations, schools, universities, government, military, non-governmental organizations (NGO’s) and health care.
Masters Programs in Education
Areas include educational administration, educational leadership, curriculum and instruction (C&I), elementary education, early childhood education, special education, secondary education, educational technology, and K-12 education. Many programs also offer certification.
- Early Childhood Education
- Educational Leadership Administration
- Adult Education Masters
- Special Education Masters
- Teacher Education Masters
Human Services Masters
Human services degree programs prepare students to work with clients and patients in problem-solving skills, crisis intervention, and case management and referral procedures. This includes law and legal services, counseling, social services and other areas.
- Human Services
- Social Work
Healthcare Education Masters
Health care degrees cover a wide range of specialties including public health, health education, nutrition and dietetics, nursing, and health care administration.
Masters in Business
The main areas in the Master of Business Administration are Accounting, Business Administration, Business Communications, Business Leadership, Business – Finance, Hotel and Hospitality Management, Human Resources, International Business, Management, MBA – Marketing, Organizational Management, Project Management, Real Estate, Risk Management, Small Business Management, and Sports Management.
Masters in Computer and Information Technology
Masters degrees in computers and information technology prepares students to have a good understanding of computer networks, operating systems, databases, software, e-commerce and project management.
Law and Legal Masters
Law and legal careers include working as a defense attorney, judge, corrections and probation officer. Careers are available in justice administration, law enforcement, and other related areas.
- Criminal Justice Masters
- Law Degrees
Preparing for Graduate School
Many universities require students to take (and pass) the GRE and GMAT as a condition for admission. Other standardized exams you may be required to take are LSAT or MAT. It is important to research this requirements in order to make informed decisions.
- Preparing for the Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
Careers with a Masters Degree
With a master degree in your particular area of specialization, you will likely earn a higher level of income in addition to opportunities for promotions. Some of the fastest growing careers with a masters degree are business (MBA), health care (nursing, and health administration and management), education, psychology and counseling, library science, information technology, and environmental science.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Growth
Salary.com’s reports those with a masters degree tend to earn more than bachelor degree holder. This does however vary from discipline to discipline. With competitive fields, having a masters degree sets you aside from other applicants, and Masters programs online tend to be designed with the working adult in mind. As of 2010, popular jobs for master’s graduates with non-MBA degrees were in social work, K-12 education, physical therapy, and software engineering. Many of these areas offer masters programs online to provide flexibility to students.
Masters Degree Programs
- Associate’s, Bachelor’s, and Master’s degrees available in a wide range of fields.
- Flexible online programs offered in Psychology, Criminal Justice, Education, and more.
- Assigned Financial Services Advisors to help answer student financial questions.
- Servicemembers and their spouses can apply for the Ashford Military Grant to reduce tuition for all undergraduate courses.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Start your journey! Classes starting Aug 17.
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.