This page provides universities and programs offering masters programs online in many different areas of study including education, health and nursing, business, computer and information technology. Flexible learning options and online graduate programs in these colleges and universities are designed for busy professionals. Get detailed information on popular masters programs in the United States from the accredited universities below and from individual resources on this site provided below. Many people seeking a masters degree do so as to advance in their career and also to earn more income. Other people get a masters degree so that they can change to a new profession. Students are generally required to take core courses, often in a specialized area in online master degrees. In addition, most accredited masters programs will make completing a thesis or terminal research paper or project a requirement for graduation. Other programs might require students to do a comprehensive exam or an internship both.
Programs in Instructional Design and Technology
Instructional design degree programs offer different areas of specialization which include instructional development, multimedia development, training etc. Instructional designers, instructional technologist, or e-learning specialists work in many areas including corporations, schools, universities, government, military, non-governmental organizations (NGO’s) and health care.
Masters Programs in Education
Areas include educational administration, educational leadership, curriculum and instruction (C&I), elementary education, early childhood education, special education, secondary education, educational technology, and K-12 education. Many programs also offer certification.
- Early Childhood Education
- Educational Leadership Administration
- Adult Education Masters
- Special Education Masters
- Teacher Education Masters
Human Services Masters
Human services degree programs prepare students to work with clients and patients in problem-solving skills, crisis intervention, and case management and referral procedures. This includes law and legal services, counseling, social services and other areas.
- Human Services
- Social Work
Healthcare Education Masters
Health care degrees cover a wide range of specialties including public health, health education, nutrition and dietetics, nursing, and health care administration.
Masters in Business
The main areas in the Master of Business Administration are Accounting, Business Administration, Business Communications, Business Leadership, Business – Finance, Hotel and Hospitality Management, Human Resources, International Business, Management, MBA – Marketing, Organizational Management, Project Management, Real Estate, Risk Management, Small Business Management, and Sports Management.
Masters in Computer and Information Technology
Masters degrees in computers and information technology prepares students to have a good understanding of computer networks, operating systems, databases, software, e-commerce and project management.
Law and Legal Masters
Law and legal careers include working as a defense attorney, judge, corrections and probation officer. Careers are available in justice administration, law enforcement, and other related areas.
- Criminal Justice Masters
- Law Degrees
Preparing for Graduate School
Many universities require students to take (and pass) the GRE and GMAT as a condition for admission. Other standardized exams you may be required to take are LSAT or MAT. It is important to research this requirements in order to make informed decisions.
- Preparing for the Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
Careers with a Masters Degree
With a master degree in your particular area of specialization, you will likely earn a higher level of income in addition to opportunities for promotions. Some of the fastest growing careers with a masters degree are business (MBA), health care (nursing, and health administration and management), education, psychology and counseling, library science, information technology, and environmental science.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Growth
Salary.com’s reports those with a masters degree tend to earn more than bachelor degree holder. This does however vary from discipline to discipline. With competitive fields, having a masters degree sets you aside from other applicants, and Masters programs online tend to be designed with the working adult in mind. As of 2010, popular jobs for master’s graduates with non-MBA degrees were in social work, K-12 education, physical therapy, and software engineering. Many of these areas offer masters programs online to provide flexibility to students.
Masters Degree Programs
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Southern New Hampshire University believes in your right to affordable access to higher education.
- Private. Nonprofit. Accredited. And one of the lowest tuition rates in the nation.
- We believe you can succeed. We will be with you every step of the way. Find your program today at Snhu.edu.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Associate’s, Bachelor’s, and Master’s degrees available in a wide range of fields.
- Flexible online programs offered in Psychology, Criminal Justice, Education, and more.
- Assigned Financial Services Advisors to help answer student financial questions.
- Servicemembers and their spouses can apply for the Ashford Military Grant to reduce tuition for all undergraduate courses.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880. What began as an academic institution of just 53 students has now grown to more than 38,000. Today USC continues to uphold its tradition of integrating liberal and professional education, fostering a vibrant culture of public service and encouraging students to cross academic as well as geographic boundaries in their pursuit of knowledge.
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) recently received state approval to enroll students with little to no prior college experience. To help ensure student success, the university has created a program especially for these students who plan on starting their college experience for the first time with us.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.