This page provides universities and programs offering masters programs online in many different areas of study including education, health and nursing, business, computer and information technology. Flexible learning options and online graduate programs in these colleges and universities are designed for busy professionals. Get detailed information on popular masters programs in the United States from the accredited universities below and from individual resources on this site provided below. Many people seeking a masters degree do so as to advance in their career and also to earn more income. Other people get a masters degree so that they can change to a new profession. Students are generally required to take core courses, often in a specialized area in online master degrees. In addition, most accredited masters programs will make completing a thesis or terminal research paper or project a requirement for graduation. Other programs might require students to do a comprehensive exam or an internship both.
Programs in Instructional Design and Technology
Instructional design degree programs offer different areas of specialization which include instructional development, multimedia development, training etc. Instructional designers, instructional technologist, or e-learning specialists work in many areas including corporations, schools, universities, government, military, non-governmental organizations (NGO’s) and health care.
Masters Programs in Education
Areas include educational administration, educational leadership, curriculum and instruction (C&I), elementary education, early childhood education, special education, secondary education, educational technology, and K-12 education. Many programs also offer certification.
- Early Childhood Education
- Educational Leadership Administration
- Adult Education Masters
- Special Education Masters
- Teacher Education Masters
Human Services Masters
Human services degree programs prepare students to work with clients and patients in problem-solving skills, crisis intervention, and case management and referral procedures. This includes law and legal services, counseling, social services and other areas.
- Human Services
- Social Work
Healthcare Education Masters
Health care degrees cover a wide range of specialties including public health, health education, nutrition and dietetics, nursing, and health care administration.
Masters in Business
The main areas in the Master of Business Administration are Accounting, Business Administration, Business Communications, Business Leadership, Business – Finance, Hotel and Hospitality Management, Human Resources, International Business, Management, MBA – Marketing, Organizational Management, Project Management, Real Estate, Risk Management, Small Business Management, and Sports Management.
Masters in Computer and Information Technology
Masters degrees in computers and information technology prepares students to have a good understanding of computer networks, operating systems, databases, software, e-commerce and project management.
Law and Legal Masters
Law and legal careers include working as a defense attorney, judge, corrections and probation officer. Careers are available in justice administration, law enforcement, and other related areas.
- Criminal Justice Masters
- Law Degrees
Preparing for Graduate School
Many universities require students to take (and pass) the GRE and GMAT as a condition for admission. Other standardized exams you may be required to take are LSAT or MAT. It is important to research this requirements in order to make informed decisions.
- Preparing for the Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
Careers with a Masters Degree
With a master degree in your particular area of specialization, you will likely earn a higher level of income in addition to opportunities for promotions. Some of the fastest growing careers with a masters degree are business (MBA), health care (nursing, and health administration and management), education, psychology and counseling, library science, information technology, and environmental science.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Growth
Salary.com’s reports those with a masters degree tend to earn more than bachelor degree holder. This does however vary from discipline to discipline. With competitive fields, having a masters degree sets you aside from other applicants, and Masters programs online tend to be designed with the working adult in mind. As of 2010, popular jobs for master’s graduates with non-MBA degrees were in social work, K-12 education, physical therapy, and software engineering. Many of these areas offer masters programs online to provide flexibility to students.
Masters Degree Programs
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
The Executive Master of Public Administration (EMPA) at Syracuse University's Maxwell School prepares professionals for the challenges of leading organizations in the midst of dynamic global change.
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
Home to more than 58,000 students from all 50 states and 125 different countries, Rutgers’ mission is to prepare students to become productive members of society and good citizens of the world. That’s made possible by a faculty and staff of over 13,000 members, which includes an Abel Prize winner, Guggenheim Fellows, MacArthur “Genius Award” Fellows, Pulitzer Prize winners, and many more.
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. Hofstra University is committed to academic freedom and to the transmission, advancement and preservation of knowledge for its own academic community and the community at large.
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country (Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C.) and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.