This page provides universities and programs offering masters programs online in many different areas of study including education, health and nursing, business, computer and information technology. Flexible learning options and online graduate programs in these colleges and universities are designed for busy professionals. Get detailed information on popular masters programs in the United States from the accredited universities below and from individual resources on this site provided below. Many people seeking a masters degree do so as to advance in their career and also to earn more income. Other people get a masters degree so that they can change to a new profession. Students are generally required to take core courses, often in a specialized area in online master degrees. In addition, most accredited masters programs will make completing a thesis or terminal research paper or project a requirement for graduation. Other programs might require students to do a comprehensive exam or an internship both.
Programs in Instructional Design and Technology
Instructional design degree programs offer different areas of specialization which include instructional development, multimedia development, training etc. Instructional designers, instructional technologist, or e-learning specialists work in many areas including corporations, schools, universities, government, military, non-governmental organizations (NGO’s) and health care.
Masters Programs in Education
Areas include educational administration, educational leadership, curriculum and instruction (C&I), elementary education, early childhood education, special education, secondary education, educational technology, and K-12 education. Many programs also offer certification.
- Early Childhood Education
- Educational Leadership Administration
- Adult Education Masters
- Special Education Masters
- Teacher Education Masters
Human Services Masters
Human services degree programs prepare students to work with clients and patients in problem-solving skills, crisis intervention, and case management and referral procedures. This includes law and legal services, counseling, social services and other areas.
- Human Services
- Social Work
Healthcare Education Masters
Health care degrees cover a wide range of specialties including public health, health education, nutrition and dietetics, nursing, and health care administration.
Masters in Business
The main areas in the Master of Business Administration are Accounting, Business Administration, Business Communications, Business Leadership, Business – Finance, Hotel and Hospitality Management, Human Resources, International Business, Management, MBA – Marketing, Organizational Management, Project Management, Real Estate, Risk Management, Small Business Management, and Sports Management.
Masters in Computer and Information Technology
Masters degrees in computers and information technology prepares students to have a good understanding of computer networks, operating systems, databases, software, e-commerce and project management.
Law and Legal Masters
Law and legal careers include working as a defense attorney, judge, corrections and probation officer. Careers are available in justice administration, law enforcement, and other related areas.
- Criminal Justice Masters
- Law Degrees
Preparing for Graduate School
Many universities require students to take (and pass) the GRE and GMAT as a condition for admission. Other standardized exams you may be required to take are LSAT or MAT. It is important to research this requirements in order to make informed decisions.
- Preparing for the Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
Careers with a Masters Degree
With a master degree in your particular area of specialization, you will likely earn a higher level of income in addition to opportunities for promotions. Some of the fastest growing careers with a masters degree are business (MBA), health care (nursing, and health administration and management), education, psychology and counseling, library science, information technology, and environmental science.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Growth
Salary.com’s reports those with a masters degree tend to earn more than bachelor degree holder. This does however vary from discipline to discipline. With competitive fields, having a masters degree sets you aside from other applicants, and Masters programs online tend to be designed with the working adult in mind. As of 2010, popular jobs for master’s graduates with non-MBA degrees were in social work, K-12 education, physical therapy, and software engineering. Many of these areas offer masters programs online to provide flexibility to students.
Masters Degree Programs
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Personalized learning that’s guided by industry trends
- Technology-driven approach designed to help you reach your potential
- Access to real-world learning and strong thought leadership
- Convenient ways to complete your degree even with a busy schedule
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
- Experience world-class education online: Purdue Global offers 180 programs at associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels
- Courses taught by highly respected faculty members who are experts in their fields
- Competency-based ExcelTrack™ Programs may allow you to earn your degree faster and for less money
- Full range of student services: individual educational advising, hands-on learning through interactive online classroom, no-cost tutoring in math, science and writing
The Robert H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland is recognized by Bloomberg Businessweek and U.S. News & World Report as one of the nation’s Best Business Schools. Students who complete their master’s degree online become part of a network of over 60,000 Smith School alumni, including more than 8,500 MBA graduates, making them part of a powerful network of business connections.
Simmons University’s online Master of Social Work program can be completed in as few as 15 months, and GRE scores are not required.
You can receive a top-notch education in a flexible environment. Learn more about the Villanova online learning experience and the difference that sets us apart by further exploring our online programs.
Rankings- Villanova University is consistently ranked among the best in the nation
- The Villanova School of Business (VSB) was recognized among the top schools in the nation on the U.S. News & World Report's annual Best Online Graduate Business Programs ranking, earning the #1 rank.
- Villanova University was recognized among the top schools in the nation on the U.S. News & World Report's annual Best Online MBA Programs.
- Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law is approved by the Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar of the American Bar Association, 321 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60654, (312) 988-6738. 21 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60654, (312) 988-6738.
Study for your graduate education with University of Illinois at Chicago. We offer master’s degree and post-master’s certificate programs in health informatics that can be completed 100% online.
As a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health services that are designed for the future of the field. Through cutting-edge coursework, industry-active faculty members, and an array of majors and graduate programs, Regis has been able to positively impact the educational community, health services landscape, and personal lives of students nationwide.