Why should you consider an online and distance education degree? With the advent of the Internet, distance learning has revolutionized post secondary education. But who is working behind the scenes to design and develop the courses? The convenience and flexibility of self-paced, self-directed learning remains popular with working adults and other people who have family obligations. A degree in distance education trains students to design and develop courses that address the academic, social, and personal needs of learners. With ever expanding multimedia and online technology and research in teaching and learning, this medium of instruction continues to attract more learners. With this fast-paced development, distance educators must remain current in the latest developments and instructional methods. Distance educators generally have a masters or doctorate degree in education. Many masters education distance programs offer courses in online teaching methodologies, application of educational technology, and corporate training.
Distance Education Training
Online education degrees in distance education are offered in different concentrations. Online distance education degree programs may go by the following titles:
- Master of distance education
- Master of education in e-learning
- Specialization in online teaching
- Instructional design for online Learning
- Master of education with a concentration in e-learning
- Master of education in instructional design for online learning
- Master of distance education leadership
- Master of science in instructional systems technology
With an online distance education degree, you can also train to be a certified e-learning instructor or teacher. In online distance education programs you will be learn the skills needed to teach an online course in the same medium that you will use to teach online courses.
Distance Education Courses
Distance Learning courses may include the following: Adult Learning Theories, Models of Distance Education, Budgeting and finance of higher education institutions, Legal Issues in Distance Education, Management of Distance Education Programs, and E-Learning Development. Programs are generally offered at the graduate degree level, i.e. masters and PhD programs.
Distance Education Careers
The demand for distance education teachers, instructional designers, and distance learning coordinators continues to grow. Professional distance educators teach a variety of courses in various subjects. They also design instructional strategies and online curriculum depending on the subject of study in addition to being involved with researching program effectiveness and managing the online courses and programs.
In addition to teaching online courses, graduates of distance education degree programs work in curriculum design, educational technology development, and distance education policy and management. Some related job titles with an online distance education degree are:
- Instructional designers
- Curriculum developers
- Online instruction coordinators
- Distance learning project managers
- Technical directors
- Online course support specialists
- Production managers
- Distance learning librarians
Instructional Design and Related Programs
- Education programs include BA in Education Studies, BA in Child Development, MA in Education, and more.
- Students can specialize in areas such as Education and Public Policy, Instructional Design, and Early Childhood Education.
- Flexible, online courses allow students to pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- BA/Instructional Design
- MA/Education - Curriculum & Instruction
- MA/Education - Exceptional Systems for Revolutionizing Education
- And more...
- One of the first fully online M.Ed. programs to be accredited by TEAC (Teacher Education Accreditation Council)
- Courses within 6 distinct education specializations use real-world deliverables aligned with industry-specific objectives
- Specializations include elementary education, secondary education instructional design and technology and more
- AIU’s M.Ed. uses a proprietary adaptive learning engine to provide individualized content delivery not available at this scale in other online programs at this time.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Curriculum and Instruction for Educators
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Instructional Design and Technology
- 100% Online Education Degrees - Ashford University
- Break new ground in your education career with your BA or MA in Education.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s & Associate's programs to prepare you for the invaluable role of guiding learners or shaping educational initiatives.
- Help Build the World's Future. Apply today!
- Curriculum & Instruction - Bachelors
- Curriculum & Instruction - Masters
- ESL/TESOL - Bachelors
- And more...
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- MS in Education - Educational Psychology
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Educational Studies (Does Not Lead to Teacher Licensure)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- Instructional Design & Technology
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- M. Ed. in Teaching & Learning in Education Technology
- M.Ed. - Teaching and Learning
- MA Teaching: Middle Grades
- And more...
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- MS in Instructional Technology (K-12)
- MS in Instructional Design and Technology - Adults
- Master of Arts: Teaching
- And more...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Curriculum and Teaching - Master of Education
- Curriculum and Teaching - Doctor of Education
- Curriculum and Teaching - PhD in Education
- And more...