Why should you consider an online and distance education degree? With the advent of the Internet, distance learning has revolutionized post secondary education. But who is working behind the scenes to design and develop the courses? The convenience and flexibility of self-paced, self-directed learning remains popular with working adults and other people who have family obligations. A degree in distance education trains students to design and develop courses that address the academic, social, and personal needs of learners. With ever expanding multimedia and online technology and research in teaching and learning, this medium of instruction continues to attract more learners. With this fast-paced development, distance educators must remain current in the latest developments and instructional methods. Distance educators generally have a masters or doctorate degree in education. Many masters education distance programs offer courses in online teaching methodologies, application of educational technology, and corporate training.
Distance Education Training
Online education degrees in distance education are offered in different concentrations. Online distance education degree programs may go by the following titles:
- Master of distance education
- Master of education in e-learning
- Specialization in online teaching
- Instructional design for online Learning
- Master of education with a concentration in e-learning
- Master of education in instructional design for online learning
- Master of distance education leadership
- Master of science in instructional systems technology
With an online distance education degree, you can also train to be a certified e-learning instructor or teacher. In online distance education programs you will be learn the skills needed to teach an online course in the same medium that you will use to teach online courses.
Distance Education Courses
Distance Learning courses may include the following: Adult Learning Theories, Models of Distance Education, Budgeting and finance of higher education institutions, Legal Issues in Distance Education, Management of Distance Education Programs, and E-Learning Development. Programs are generally offered at the graduate degree level, i.e. masters and PhD programs.
Distance Education Careers
The demand for distance education teachers, instructional designers, and distance learning coordinators continues to grow. Professional distance educators teach a variety of courses in various subjects. They also design instructional strategies and online curriculum depending on the subject of study in addition to being involved with researching program effectiveness and managing the online courses and programs.
In addition to teaching online courses, graduates of distance education degree programs work in curriculum design, educational technology development, and distance education policy and management. Some related job titles with an online distance education degree are:
- Instructional designers
- Curriculum developers
- Online instruction coordinators
- Distance learning project managers
- Technical directors
- Online course support specialists
- Production managers
- Distance learning librarians
Instructional Design and Related Programs
- Regent’s School of Education will prepare you for today's dynamic world of education
- Institutionally accredited by SACSCOC with TEAC graduate program accreditation
- Regent University is proud to be ranked as a top military-friendly school
- 86% of Regent students receive some form of financial aid
- Specializations in instructional design, special education, & Christian leadership
- M.Ed. in Instructional Design & Technology
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction
- M.Ed. in Reading Specialist - Non-Licensure
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MED: Higher Education: Instructional Design and Technology
- MED: Curriculum and Instruction: General Education
- MED: Curriculum and Instruction: Elementary Education
- And more...
- Instructional Design & Technology
- Want to be a Teacher or Educational Administrator? Learn why GCU could be the best place to start! Here's why:
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate education programs, including TESOL, early childhood ed, elementary ed, secondary ed & more.
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both. We also offer evening classes!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Financial Options: Numerous financing options available, including scholarships for academic achievement.
- B.S. in Educational Studies (NITL)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Early Childhood Education, ESL/TESOL, Special Education, Education Leadership and Administration, and Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Education and Teaching Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Education and Teaching Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!