Why should you consider an online and distance education degree? With the advent of the Internet, distance learning has revolutionized post secondary education. But who is working behind the scenes to design and develop the courses? The convenience and flexibility of self-paced, self-directed learning remains popular with working adults and other people who have family obligations. A degree in distance education trains students to design and develop courses that address the academic, social, and personal needs of learners. With ever expanding multimedia and online technology and research in teaching and learning, this medium of instruction continues to attract more learners. With this fast-paced development, distance educators must remain current in the latest developments and instructional methods. Distance educators generally have a masters or doctorate degree in education. Many masters education distance programs offer courses in online teaching methodologies, application of educational technology, and corporate training.
Distance Education Training
Online education degrees in distance education are offered in different concentrations. Online distance education degree programs may go by the following titles:
- Master of distance education
- Master of education in e-learning
- Specialization in online teaching
- Instructional design for online Learning
- Master of education with a concentration in e-learning
- Master of education in instructional design for online learning
- Master of distance education leadership
- Master of science in instructional systems technology
With an online distance education degree, you can also train to be a certified e-learning instructor or teacher. In online distance education programs you will be learn the skills needed to teach an online course in the same medium that you will use to teach online courses.
Distance Education Courses
Distance Learning courses may include the following: Adult Learning Theories, Models of Distance Education, Budgeting and finance of higher education institutions, Legal Issues in Distance Education, Management of Distance Education Programs, and E-Learning Development. Programs are generally offered at the graduate degree level, i.e. masters and PhD programs.
Distance Education Careers
The demand for distance education teachers, instructional designers, and distance learning coordinators continues to grow. Professional distance educators teach a variety of courses in various subjects. They also design instructional strategies and online curriculum depending on the subject of study in addition to being involved with researching program effectiveness and managing the online courses and programs.
In addition to teaching online courses, graduates of distance education degree programs work in curriculum design, educational technology development, and distance education policy and management. Some related job titles with an online distance education degree are:
- Instructional designers
- Curriculum developers
- Online instruction coordinators
- Distance learning project managers
- Technical directors
- Online course support specialists
- Production managers
- Distance learning librarians
Instructional Design and Related Programs
- Instructional Design & Technology
Online Learning at Concordia University-Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Environmental Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Methods & Curriculum
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Curriculum and Teaching - Master of Education
- Doctor of Philosophy in Instructional Design
- Instructional Leadership - Doctor of Education
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- M. Ed. in Teaching & Learning in Education Technology
- AA in Education (Non-Licensure)
- Bachelor of Science: Early Childhood Education in Interdisciplinary Studies
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Doctor of Education - Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment (K-12)
- M.S.Ed - Integrating Technology in the Classroom (Grades K-12)
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Technology Education (Master of Education) - Online
- GCU proudly boasts 60 graduates who have gone on to become Teachers of the Year! Will you be the next?
- Considering the rewarding field of education? Take your first step with a bachelor's degree in education. Many emphases available.
- Already an educator? Advance your degree with a Master of Education or a Master of Arts in an education-related field. Many emphases available.
- Opportunities to specialize in exciting fields such as TESOL, educational administration, curriculum & instruction, special education & more!
- Contact GCU today and learn about the many degree options available to you as a current or aspiring educator!
- B.S. in Educational Studies (Does Not Lead to Teacher Licensure)
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Early Childhood Education, ESL/TESOL, Special Education, Education Leadership and Administration, and Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Education and Teaching Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Education and Teaching Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!