The education administration degree has several specializations that may include school leadership and development, supervision, and administration. Most online educational administration degree programs are offered at the masters and PhD level. In addition applicants are required to have some teaching or K-12 experience in addition to teaching certification or licensure in their area of practice. In many cases, to work in K-12 schools, school districts, or departments of education, educational administrators are generally required to have at least an undergraduate degree and in most cases an advanced or professional degree. Many high-ranking administrators have doctoral degrees. Many education administrators advance their careers from teaching or academic roles and transition to management and leadership roles. The goal of an education administration masters degree is to train leaders and education managers in the many responsibilities that are required to successfully run education institutions.
Education Administration Courses and Training
Required education administration degree courses may include:
- School leadership
- Instruction supervision
- Education law
- School administration
- Personnel management or human resource management
- Public relations
- Educational policy
- Educational finance
- Educational budgeting
- Curriculum development
- Education assessment, measurement, and evaluation
- Research methods, research design, and data analysis
Related education administration graduate programs include:
- Masters in education administration
- Masters in higher education administration
- Educational administration masters
- Education administration phd
- Education administration doctorate
All states require school principals of K-12 schools to have state licenses. However these requirements vary by state, and there are various organizations that provide national standards for educational administrators. Some examples are Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium (ISLLC) and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). Graduates administration degree must meet the stipulated requirements in order to work in the profession.
Educational Leadership Careers
To be successful in their chosen career, educational administrators should possess interpersonal skills, management skills, and the ability to oversee or prepare budgets, fund raise, oversee students’ progress, daily operations, and set and enforce policies and standards. Career options with an online education administration degree include:
- K-12 Education
- School principals in elementary, middle, and secondary education
- Assistant principals to work with the principal
- Program directors to supervise instructional coordinators, curriculum developers
- Preschool directors
- Education training developers
- Colleges and universities
- College administrators
- Academic deans
- Department chairpersons
- Admissions directors
- Financial aid directors
- Athletics directors
As the need for quality education remains a priority issue, the need for qualified education administrators will continue to be important.
Education Leadership Programs
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.Ed - Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment (Grades K-12)
- PhD in Education - Educational Technology & Design
- PhD in Education - Education Policy, Leadership, & Management
- And more...
Online Learning at Concordia University-Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- Educational Administration (EDD)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction - Educational Technology Leadership
- Ed.D. - Professional Leadership, Inquiry, and Transformation
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Administrative Program for Principals (Certification) - Online
- Advanced Studies in Secondary Education & Teacher Leadership (Master of Education) - Online
- Administrative Program for Principals (Master of Education) - Online
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Ed. S. in K-12 Leadership
- B.S. in Educational Studies (Does Not Lead to Teacher Licensure)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Leadership Coaching and Mentoring
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Coaching and Mentoring
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Early Childhood Education, ESL/TESOL, Special Education, Education Leadership and Administration, and Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Education and Teaching Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Education and Teaching Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!