The education administration degree has several specializations that may include school leadership and development, supervision, and administration. Most online educational administration degree programs are offered at the masters and PhD level. In addition applicants are required to have some teaching or K-12 experience in addition to teaching certification or licensure in their area of practice. In many cases, to work in K-12 schools, school districts, or departments of education, educational administrators are generally required to have at least an undergraduate degree and in most cases an advanced or professional degree. Many high-ranking administrators have doctoral degrees. Many education administrators advance their careers from teaching or academic roles and transition to management and leadership roles. The goal of an education administration masters degree is to train leaders and education managers in the many responsibilities that are required to successfully run education institutions.
Education Administration Courses and Training
Required education administration degree courses may include:
- School leadership
- Instruction supervision
- Education law
- School administration
- Personnel management or human resource management
- Public relations
- Educational policy
- Educational finance
- Educational budgeting
- Curriculum development
- Education assessment, measurement, and evaluation
- Research methods, research design, and data analysis
Related education administration graduate programs include:
- Masters in education administration
- Masters in higher education administration
- Educational administration masters
- Education administration phd
- Education administration doctorate
All states require school principals of K-12 schools to have state licenses. However these requirements vary by state, and there are various organizations that provide national standards for educational administrators. Some examples are Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium (ISLLC) and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). Graduates administration degree must meet the stipulated requirements in order to work in the profession.
Educational Leadership Careers
To be successful in their chosen career, educational administrators should possess interpersonal skills, management skills, and the ability to oversee or prepare budgets, fund raise, oversee students’ progress, daily operations, and set and enforce policies and standards. Career options with an online education administration degree include:
- K-12 Education
- School principals in elementary, middle, and secondary education
- Assistant principals to work with the principal
- Program directors to supervise instructional coordinators, curriculum developers
- Preschool directors
- Education training developers
- Colleges and universities
- College administrators
- Academic deans
- Department chairpersons
- Admissions directors
- Financial aid directors
- Athletics directors
As the need for quality education remains a priority issue, the need for qualified education administrators will continue to be important.
Education Leadership Programs
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.Ed - Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment (Grades K-12)
- PhD in Education - Educational Technology & Design
- PhD in Education - Education Policy, Leadership, & Management
- And more...
Online Learning at Concordia University–Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- Administrative Leadership (EDD)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction - Educational Technology Leadership
- Transformational Leadership (EDD)
- And more...
- Personalized learning that’s guided by industry trends
- Technology-driven approach designed to help you reach your potential
- Access to real-world learning and strong thought leadership
- Convenient ways to complete your degree even with a busy schedule
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to engage in a collaborative learning environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- MS in Higher Education - College Administration and Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Administration
- MA in Teaching (for Aspiring Teachers Grades 5-12)
- And more...
At SNHU, we believe everyone should have greater access to higher education. That’s why we offer over 200 accredited degree programs, flexible class schedules, and some of the lowest online tuition rates in the nation. We offer military tuition discounts up to 30% toward online undergraduate and graduate degree programs for U.S. service members, both full and part time, and the spouses of those on active duty.
- M.Ed. Curr & Ins - Dyslexia Studies & LBLD
- M.Ed. Curriculum Instr - Technology
- Looking for an Online Education Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!