The education administration degree has several specializations that may include school leadership and development, supervision, and administration. Most online educational administration degree programs are offered at the masters and PhD level. In addition applicants are required to have some teaching or K-12 experience in addition to teaching certification or licensure in their area of practice. In many cases, to work in K-12 schools, school districts, or departments of education, educational administrators are generally required to have at least an undergraduate degree and in most cases an advanced or professional degree. Many high-ranking administrators have doctoral degrees. Many education administrators advance their careers from teaching or academic roles and transition to management and leadership roles. The goal of an education administration masters degree is to train leaders and education managers in the many responsibilities that are required to successfully run education institutions.
Education Administration Courses and Training
Required education administration degree courses may include:
- School leadership
- Instruction supervision
- Education law
- School administration
- Personnel management or human resource management
- Public relations
- Educational policy
- Educational finance
- Educational budgeting
- Curriculum development
- Education assessment, measurement, and evaluation
- Research methods, research design, and data analysis
Related education administration graduate programs include:
- Masters in education administration
- Masters in higher education administration
- Educational administration masters
- Education administration phd
- Education administration doctorate
All states require school principals of K-12 schools to have state licenses. However these requirements vary by state, and there are various organizations that provide national standards for educational administrators. Some examples are Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium (ISLLC) and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). Graduates administration degree must meet the stipulated requirements in order to work in the profession.
Educational Leadership Careers
To be successful in their chosen career, educational administrators should possess interpersonal skills, management skills, and the ability to oversee or prepare budgets, fund raise, oversee students’ progress, daily operations, and set and enforce policies and standards. Career options with an online education administration degree include:
- K-12 Education
- School principals in elementary, middle, and secondary education
- Assistant principals to work with the principal
- Program directors to supervise instructional coordinators, curriculum developers
- Preschool directors
- Education training developers
- Colleges and universities
- College administrators
- Academic deans
- Department chairpersons
- Admissions directors
- Financial aid directors
- Athletics directors
As the need for quality education remains a priority issue, the need for qualified education administrators will continue to be important.
Education Leadership Programs
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MED: Administration and Supervision: Teacher Licensure
- MED: Higher Education: Educational Leadership
- EDD: Educational Leadership
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Ed. S. in K-12 Leadership
- B.S. in Educational Studies (NITL)
- Regent’s School of Education will prepare you for today's dynamic world of education
- Institutionally accredited by SACSCOC with TEAC graduate program accreditation
- Regent University is proud to be ranked as a top military-friendly school
- 86% of Regent students receive some form of financial aid
- Specializations in instructional design, special education, & Christian leadership
- Doctor of Education in Advanced Educational Leadership
- Ph.D. in Education - Christian Education Leadership
- Ph.D. in Education - Advanced Educational Leadership
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Early Childhood Education, ESL/TESOL, Special Education, Education Leadership and Administration, and Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Education and Teaching Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Education and Teaching Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!