Evaluation degrees, assessment degrees, and measurements degrees focus on developing and evaluating curriculum and facilitating learning. Educational assessment and evaluation deals with identifying what works and what does not work in learning environments, both inside and outside the classroom. The assessment and evaluation methods are applied to students to determine how individuals learn, how to prepare assessment materials, and items, and how individuals learn and they to best test students. Student learning and progress is determined by educational evaluation and assessment and assessment and evaluation programs prepare students about evaluation systems and effective organizational deployment.
Assessment and Evaluation Education and Training
The goal of professional testing departments and companies is to help learners and schools determine curriculum strength and individual achievement. Related areas include psychometrics, and program monitoring and evaluation.
Educational assessment and evaluation degree programs are generally offered at the graduate level of study. This can be at the masters (M.A.T, M.Ed, MSc), education specialist (EDS), or doctoral (PhD) degree program levels of study. I.e. assessment master degree or evaluation master degree. Evaluation degree programs go by different names, for example:
- Master of Education in Curriculum Assessment
- Master of Education in Measurement and Evaluation
- Master of Education in Educational Assessment, Evaluation, and Research
- M.Ed in Educational Assessment, Testing, and Measurement
- PhD in Educational Assessment, Testing, and Measurement
Depending on the program of study, assessment, testing and evaluation courses may include:
- Educational assessment research methods
- Psychology of instruction
- Curriculum leadership
- Instructional strategies
- Educational technology
- Curriculum methods
Research design and methodology course are also likely to constitute your program of study. Course might include: Research design, action research, qualitative methods, qualitative methods, mixed methods, study design, and statistics.
Areas of study with an online evaluation degree also include educational statistics, psychometric testing, test and assessment design, curriculum development, test construction, and data processing, data analysis, testing software, and research procedures. Educational measurement programs might also cover program evaluation techniques and proctoring strategies.
Assessment, Measurement and Evaluation Careers
The necessary skills in assessment and evaluation are research and curriculum development skills, needs assessment research, and data interpretation to evaluate student progress. In addition, assessment and evaluation experts may be responsible for defining program assessment criteria, create unit plans and lesson plans which support critical thinking and higher order skills, as well as designing learning strategies.
Graduates work in education departments, K-12 schools, and assessment and testing companies where they work with groups of students or individuals. Others work as consultants with organizations in order to create internal evaluation systems. They work on developing methods of assessing and increasing student achievement. In addition they are responsible for conducting research, collecting and interpreting data for the purposes of tracking a program’s effectiveness.
Evaluation and assessment experts may assess curricula and propose strategies for improvement. Other assessment and testing professionals work on developing standardized tests and certification programs or standardized test. Another option is to work in research, or course evaluation. Some businesses also hire assessment and evaluation professionals for training, hiring, and productivity checks. Other areas of employment are program monitoring and evaluation and psychometrics.
Education and Teaching Graduate Programs
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Doctor of Education (EDD)
- M.S.Ed - Elementary Reading and Mathematics (Grades K-6)
- M.S.Ed - Mathematics (Grades K-6)
- And more...
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to engage in a collaborative learning environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- MA in Teaching (for Aspiring Teachers Grades 5-12)
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- Undergraduate in Early Childhood
At SNHU, we believe everyone should have greater access to higher education. That’s why we offer over 200 accredited degree programs, flexible class schedules, and some of the lowest online tuition rates in the nation. We offer military tuition discounts up to 30% toward online undergraduate and graduate degree programs for U.S. service members, both full and part time, and the spouses of those on active duty.
- M.Ed. Curr & Ins - Dyslexia Studies & LBLD
- M.Ed. Curriculum Instr - Technology
- MA English and Creative Writing - Fiction
- And more...
Online Learning at Concordia University–Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Curriculum & Instruction: Early Childhood Education
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Education Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!