Evaluation degrees, assessment degrees, and measurements degrees focus on developing and evaluating curriculum and facilitating learning. Educational assessment and evaluation deals with identifying what works and what does not work in learning environments, both inside and outside the classroom. The assessment and evaluation methods are applied to students to determine how individuals learn, how to prepare assessment materials, and items, and how individuals learn and they to best test students. Student learning and progress is determined by educational evaluation and assessment and assessment and evaluation programs prepare students about evaluation systems and effective organizational deployment.
Assessment and Evaluation Education and Training
The goal of professional testing departments and companies is to help learners and schools determine curriculum strength and individual achievement. Related areas include psychometrics, and program monitoring and evaluation.
Educational assessment and evaluation degree programs are generally offered at the graduate level of study. This can be at the masters (M.A.T, M.Ed, MSc), education specialist (EDS), or doctoral (PhD) degree program levels of study. I.e. assessment master degree or evaluation master degree. Evaluation degree programs go by different names, for example:
- Master of Education in Curriculum Assessment
- Master of Education in Measurement and Evaluation
- Master of Education in Educational Assessment, Evaluation, and Research
- M.Ed in Educational Assessment, Testing, and Measurement
- PhD in Educational Assessment, Testing, and Measurement
Depending on the program of study, assessment, testing and evaluation courses may include:
- Educational assessment research methods
- Psychology of instruction
- Curriculum leadership
- Instructional strategies
- Educational technology
- Curriculum methods
Research design and methodology course are also likely to constitute your program of study. Course might include: Research design, action research, qualitative methods, qualitative methods, mixed methods, study design, and statistics.
Areas of study with an online evaluation degree also include educational statistics, psychometric testing, test and assessment design, curriculum development, test construction, and data processing, data analysis, testing software, and research procedures. Educational measurement programs might also cover program evaluation techniques and proctoring strategies.
Assessment, Measurement and Evaluation Careers
The necessary skills in assessment and evaluation are research and curriculum development skills, needs assessment research, and data interpretation to evaluate student progress. In addition, assessment and evaluation experts may be responsible for defining program assessment criteria, create unit plans and lesson plans which support critical thinking and higher order skills, as well as designing learning strategies.
Graduates work in education departments, K-12 schools, and assessment and testing companies where they work with groups of students or individuals. Others work as consultants with organizations in order to create internal evaluation systems. They work on developing methods of assessing and increasing student achievement. In addition they are responsible for conducting research, collecting and interpreting data for the purposes of tracking a program’s effectiveness.
Evaluation and assessment experts may assess curricula and propose strategies for improvement. Other assessment and testing professionals work on developing standardized tests and certification programs or standardized test. Another option is to work in research, or course evaluation. Some businesses also hire assessment and evaluation professionals for training, hiring, and productivity checks. Other areas of employment are program monitoring and evaluation and psychometrics.
Education and Teaching Graduate Programs
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- Master of Education - TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- B.S. in Child Studies
- Personalized learning that’s guided by industry trends
- Technology-driven approach designed to help you reach your potential
- Access to real-world learning and strong thought leadership
- Convenient ways to complete your degree even with a busy schedule
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Doctor of Education (EDD)
- M.S. in Early Childhood Studies - Teaching Adults in the Early Childhood Field
- Doctor of Education - Early Childhood Education
- And more...
Online Learning at Concordia University–Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Curriculum & Instruction: Early Childhood Education
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Educational Studies (Does Not Lead to Teacher Licensure)
- B.S. in Math for Secondary Education
- B.S. in Business for Secondary Education (ITL)
- And more...
- Make the impact through teaching you always knew you could at Keiser University
- Find degree programs in Education including Elementary Education and Leadership
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Some degrees are taught in multiple languages including Spanish
- Master of Science in Education
- Master of Science in Education, Online Teaching and Learning
- PhD in Educational Leadership
- And more...
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Education in Higher Education
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to engage in a collaborative learning environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- MA in Teaching (for Aspiring Teachers Grades 5-12)
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- Undergraduate in Early Childhood
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- E-Learning - EdS
- MEd - Reading Education
- General Education - Doctor of Education
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Early Childhood Education, ESL/TESOL, Special Education, Education Leadership and Administration, and Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Education and Teaching Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Education and Teaching Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!