Evaluation degrees, assessment degrees, and measurements degrees focus on developing and evaluating curriculum and facilitating learning. Educational assessment and evaluation deals with identifying what works and what does not work in learning environments, both inside and outside the classroom. The assessment and evaluation methods are applied to students to determine how individuals learn, how to prepare assessment materials, and items, and how individuals learn and they to best test students. Student learning and progress is determined by educational evaluation and assessment and assessment and evaluation programs prepare students about evaluation systems and effective organizational deployment.
Assessment and Evaluation Education and Training
The goal of professional testing departments and companies is to help learners and schools determine curriculum strength and individual achievement. Related areas include psychometrics, and program monitoring and evaluation.
Educational assessment and evaluation degree programs are generally offered at the graduate level of study. This can be at the masters (M.A.T, M.Ed, MSc), education specialist (EDS), or doctoral (PhD) degree program levels of study. I.e. assessment master degree or evaluation master degree. Evaluation degree programs go by different names, for example:
- Master of Education in Curriculum Assessment
- Master of Education in Measurement and Evaluation
- Master of Education in Educational Assessment, Evaluation, and Research
- M.Ed in Educational Assessment, Testing, and Measurement
- PhD in Educational Assessment, Testing, and Measurement
Depending on the program of study, assessment, testing and evaluation courses may include:
- Educational assessment research methods
- Psychology of instruction
- Curriculum leadership
- Instructional strategies
- Educational technology
- Curriculum methods
Research design and methodology course are also likely to constitute your program of study. Course might include: Research design, action research, qualitative methods, qualitative methods, mixed methods, study design, and statistics.
Areas of study with an online evaluation degree also include educational statistics, psychometric testing, test and assessment design, curriculum development, test construction, and data processing, data analysis, testing software, and research procedures. Educational measurement programs might also cover program evaluation techniques and proctoring strategies.
Assessment, Measurement and Evaluation Careers
The necessary skills in assessment and evaluation are research and curriculum development skills, needs assessment research, and data interpretation to evaluate student progress. In addition, assessment and evaluation experts may be responsible for defining program assessment criteria, create unit plans and lesson plans which support critical thinking and higher order skills, as well as designing learning strategies.
Graduates work in education departments, K-12 schools, and assessment and testing companies where they work with groups of students or individuals. Others work as consultants with organizations in order to create internal evaluation systems. They work on developing methods of assessing and increasing student achievement. In addition they are responsible for conducting research, collecting and interpreting data for the purposes of tracking a program’s effectiveness.
Evaluation and assessment experts may assess curricula and propose strategies for improvement. Other assessment and testing professionals work on developing standardized tests and certification programs or standardized test. Another option is to work in research, or course evaluation. Some businesses also hire assessment and evaluation professionals for training, hiring, and productivity checks. Other areas of employment are program monitoring and evaluation and psychometrics.
Education and Teaching Graduate Programs
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Educational Studies (NITL)
- B.S. in Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Special Education
- B.S. in Early Childhood
- And more...
- Regent’s School of Education will prepare you for today's dynamic world of education
- Institutionally accredited by SACSCOC with TEAC graduate program accreditation
- Regent University is proud to be ranked as a top military-friendly school
- 86% of Regent students receive some form of financial aid
- Specializations in instructional design, special education, & Christian leadership
- M.Ed. in Reading Specialist - Non-Licensure
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction - Teacher Leader
- M.Ed. in Student Affairs
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MED: Curriculum and Instruction: General Education
- MED: Curriculum and Instruction: Elementary Education
- Doctor of Education: Curriculum and Instruction
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Early Childhood Education, ESL/TESOL, Special Education, Education Leadership and Administration, and Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Education and Teaching Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Education and Teaching Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!