A graphic design degrees may be for you if you are artistically gifted and creative. There are various avenues that one can pursue in the art and design profession. If you aspire to work in a creative and technologically-advanced facility as part of a team of editors and designers in broadcast design, digital design, film, video, animation, you might consider looking into a graphic design program. Graphic designers work with sound and visual effect, both on the screen and in computing. Online Web designers also work in multimedia development and production. In many ways they are communication experts because they communicate information via words, video, graphics. This is all in the field of visual communications. To get to that point, you will need to work on a degree in that area in addition to your talent and relevant professional experience.
Graphic Design Education and Training
Online graphic design degree programs and related online web design programs are available in the programs listed above. When doing your research you to look at each of the programs to make sure that each will lead you to the career path you desire. The program is often offered as part of the bachelor of fine arts (BFA) at the undergraduate level and as a master of fine art (MFA) at the graduate level.
One important thing to look for is the hand-on experience in addition to learning the theory side. One advantage of many of these programs is that you can take on web design for example web animation, motion graphics, e-commerce site development, Flash media design etc. Graphic design courses in the curriculum might include:
- Digital Imaging
- Web Design
- Information Design
- Visual Design Principles
- Visual Design Theory
- Digital Video
Online graphic design courses may include, 3-D design, illustration, game design, architectural design, 2-D design, and web design. Students may also take courses in branding, marketing, advertising, public relations, or communications, depending on the area that you wish to specialize in.
Graphic Design Careers
Graphic design work with color, layout, fonts, graphics and images as well as other visual elements to communicate ideas, information, and news. Graphic designers influence how we visually perceive the world. They design company logos, signs, magazine layouts, product packaging, Web pages, etc.
The skills necessary for a successful graphic design career include artistic skills, communication skills, technical skills, and organizational skills. These are skills you will learn in an online graphic design degree program. About 25% of graphic designers are self-employed and while others who have full time jobs also also do freelance work.
Some professionals with an online graphic design degree work for magazines, book publishers, advertising firms, public relations firms, newspapers, Internet companies, e-commerce companies, television and movie production companies, to mention a few possible employers. With a graphic design masters degree you would generally work in management positions.
Graphic Design Programs
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Class Start: May 10 Mid-quarter: July 9
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Graphic & Web Design (BFA)
- Graphic & Web Design (AA)
- Game Art & Design (BFA)
When students arrive at The Los Angeles Film School, they have passion and a dream. They know where they want to end up, but not how to get there. We will guide you on your journey through our associate’s and bachelor’s degree programs in Film, Recording Arts, Music Production, Animation & VFX, Game Production & Design and Entertainment Business toward fulfilling that dream.
- Bachelor of Science, Graphic Design (Online)
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Web Design and Development, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
- Master of Arts in Visual Communication Design
- Enhance Your Professional Value with a Liberal Arts Degree!
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Liberal Arts & Sciences, Communication & Public Relations, English, History, Women's Studies Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Liberal Arts Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!