A graphic design degrees may be for you if you are artistically gifted and creative. There are various avenues that one can pursue in the art and design profession. If you aspire to work in a creative and technologically-advanced facility as part of a team of editors and designers in broadcast design, digital design, film, video, animation, you might consider looking into a graphic design program. Graphic designers work with sound and visual effect, both on the screen and in computing. Online Web designers also work in multimedia development and production. In many ways they are communication experts because they communicate information via words, video, graphics. This is all in the field of visual communications. To get to that point, you will need to work on a degree in that area in addition to your talent and relevant professional experience.
Graphic Design Education and Training
Online graphic design degree programs and related online web design programs are available in the programs listed above. When doing your research you to look at each of the programs to make sure that each will lead you to the career path you desire. The program is often offered as part of the bachelor of fine arts (BFA) at the undergraduate level and as a master of fine art (MFA) at the graduate level.
One important thing to look for is the hand-on experience in addition to learning the theory side. One advantage of many of these programs is that you can take on web design for example web animation, motion graphics, e-commerce site development, Flash media design etc. Graphic design courses in the curriculum might include:
- Digital Imaging
- Web Design
- Information Design
- Visual Design Principles
- Visual Design Theory
- Digital Video
Online graphic design courses may include, 3-D design, illustration, game design, architectural design, 2-D design, and web design. Students may also take courses in branding, marketing, advertising, public relations, or communications, depending on the area that you wish to specialize in.
Graphic Design Careers
Graphic design work with color, layout, fonts, graphics and images as well as other visual elements to communicate ideas, information, and news. Graphic designers influence how we visually perceive the world. They design company logos, signs, magazine layouts, product packaging, Web pages, etc.
The skills necessary for a successful graphic design career include artistic skills, communication skills, technical skills, and organizational skills. These are skills you will learn in an online graphic design degree program. About 25% of graphic designers are self-employed and while others who have full time jobs also also do freelance work.
Some professionals with an online graphic design degree work for magazines, book publishers, advertising firms, public relations firms, newspapers, Internet companies, e-commerce companies, television and movie production companies, to mention a few possible employers. With a graphic design masters degree you would generally work in management positions.
Graphic Design Programs
- Full Sail's curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Students gain real-world experience by working with industry-standard tools and technologies
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Web Design and Development, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
- Bachelor's programs in the areas of Advertising, Web Design, and more.
- Curriculum focuses on teaching aspiring creative professionals the fundamentals of advertising and design.
- Courses cover topics such as advertising concepts, art direction, and online marketing
- Graphic & Web Design (BFA)
- Graphic & Web Design (AA)
- Game Art & Design (BFA)
- And more...
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.