A human resource degree prepares you to work in the area of personnel management and labor relations. The human resources field has continued to advance beyond its early start with the clerical functions of managing employee benefits and recruiting, interviewing, and hiring qualified personnel. Today, human resources managers and administrative assistants also focus on organizational strategic planning in order to ensure effective and efficient output from the entire workforce. A career in the human resources requires professionals to have a set of personal skills and qualities and skills that include he ability to work with a diverse diverse workforce to promote organizational goals. Some areas of study in the human resource management degree may include workplace diversity, equal opportunity law, corporate compensation planning, succession planning, skills gap analysis, and consulting.
Human Resources Education and Training
Human resource education courses include business management and administration, employment law and organizational psychology, and organizational management. Human resources management courses focus on academic theory and its application to practical situations, ethics, leadership, management, coaching, and mentoring, industrial psychology. Particular human resource management courses may include:
- Leadership and Organizational Behavior
- Labor Relations
- Human Resource Planning
- Employment Laws and Procedures
- Training and HR Development
- Performance Analysis and Improvement
- Benefits and Compensations
As part of human resource degree program, especially a human resource masters, labor relations degrees focus on interpreting and establishing labor contracts, dealing with employee grievances, and working on employee salaries, welfare, health care, pensions, and union issues.
Other related degree programs courses include sociology, economic, organizational psychology, legal issues, culture and communication, employee relations, organizational decisions, corporate recruiting, business coaching, and benefits analysis. Related areas include a concentration labor and industrial relations or training and development.
Human Resources Careers
Careers in human resource management are varied. With these credentials, human resources personnel are responsible for handling employee issues which include staffing, resolving employee grievances and conflicts, training, salary processing, benefits, workplace safety, and training.
Human resources training includes recruitment and selection processes of employees, performance evaluation, compensation and benefits, job design, organizational structures, training, retention, and turnover.
With an associates or bachelors degree in human resources, you may be responsible for HR activities that include recruitment, selection, compensation, and evaluation. With an MBA or MSc. you may be responsible for training, planning, arbitration, staffing and labor relations. Positions may include:
Compensation and benefits managers
Training and development managers
Human resources managers
Employment, recruitment, and placement specialists
Compensation, benefits, and job analysis specialists
Training and development specialists
Labor relations managers and specialists
Human Resources Management Programs
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Human Resources
- MBA - Human Resources
- BS in Business Administration - Human Resources
- And more...
- Apply current theory to understand buyer behavior, define target markets, identify and evaluate market segments, and demonstrate knowledge of the marketing mix in all functional marketing areas.
- Use market research tools and procedures to estimate market potential, conduct exploratory and descriptive research, forecast demand, and communicate research findings effectively.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the technological, web-based, and global developments that are changing the scope of the marketing discipline.
- Apply current digital technologies or web-based solutions into marketing planning.
- Demonstrate analytical and critical-thinking skills with direct application to business/marketing environments.
- Determine appropriate practices and strategies for ethical marketing decision-making and behavior.
- Bachelors in Human Resource Management
- Graduate Certificate - Human Resource Management
- Master - Human Resource Management
- And more...
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Human Resource Management
- MBA - Human Resource Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Management
- And more...
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Human Resource Management
- Master of Business Administration - Human Resource Management
- Master of Business Administration
- And more...
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Science in Management : Human Resources
- Master of Business Administration : Human Resources
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration : Human Resources
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associates in Business Management - Human Resource Management
- Associates in Business Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Human Resources Management - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Human Resources Management - D.B.A.
- Human Resource Management - BBA
- And more...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Management
- Doctor of Business Administration, DBA
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Business Administration - Associate
- Business Intelligence - MBA (Master's)
- Business Administration - DBA (Doctorate)
- And more...
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Business Administration - Associate of Occupational Science