A human resource degree prepares you to work in the area of personnel management and labor relations. The human resources field has continued to advance beyond its early start with the clerical functions of managing employee benefits and recruiting, interviewing, and hiring qualified personnel. Today, human resources managers and administrative assistants also focus on organizational strategic planning in order to ensure effective and efficient output from the entire workforce. A career in the human resources requires professionals to have a set of personal skills and qualities and skills that include he ability to work with a diverse diverse workforce to promote organizational goals. Some areas of study in the human resource management degree may include workplace diversity, equal opportunity law, corporate compensation planning, succession planning, skills gap analysis, and consulting.
Human Resources Education and Training
Human resource education courses include business management and administration, employment law and organizational psychology, and organizational management. Human resources management courses focus on academic theory and its application to practical situations, ethics, leadership, management, coaching, and mentoring, industrial psychology. Particular human resource management courses may include:
- Leadership and Organizational Behavior
- Labor Relations
- Human Resource Planning
- Employment Laws and Procedures
- Training and HR Development
- Performance Analysis and Improvement
- Benefits and Compensations
As part of human resource degree program, especially a human resource masters, labor relations degrees focus on interpreting and establishing labor contracts, dealing with employee grievances, and working on employee salaries, welfare, health care, pensions, and union issues.
Other related degree programs courses include sociology, economic, organizational psychology, legal issues, culture and communication, employee relations, organizational decisions, corporate recruiting, business coaching, and benefits analysis. Related areas include a concentration labor and industrial relations or training and development.
Human Resources Careers
Careers in human resource management are varied. With these credentials, human resources personnel are responsible for handling employee issues which include staffing, resolving employee grievances and conflicts, training, salary processing, benefits, workplace safety, and training.
Human resources training includes recruitment and selection processes of employees, performance evaluation, compensation and benefits, job design, organizational structures, training, retention, and turnover.
With an associates or bachelors degree in human resources, you may be responsible for HR activities that include recruitment, selection, compensation, and evaluation. With an MBA or MSc. you may be responsible for training, planning, arbitration, staffing and labor relations. Positions may include:
Compensation and benefits managers
Training and development managers
Human resources managers
Employment, recruitment, and placement specialists
Compensation, benefits, and job analysis specialists
Training and development specialists
Labor relations managers and specialists
Human Resources Management Programs
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.B.A.: Strategic Human Resource Management
- M.B.A.: Leadership
- M.B.A. and M.S. in Leadership (Dual Degree)
- And more...
- Our top-ranking program blends modern business theory with real-world experience
- Institutionally accredited by SACSCOC with ACBSP graduate business program accreditation
- High-quality, Christ-centered education with online and select on-campus & evening courses
- Qualifying bachelor's students can transfer up to 90 credit hours into their degree program
- 86% of Regent students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science in Business - HR Management
- Master of Business Administration - Human Resources Management
- Master of Business Administration - Leadership
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- DBA in Human Resources
- MBA - Human Resources
- BS: Business Administration - Human Resources
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Master of Human Resource Management
- MS Organizational Leadership - Human Resources Management
- Human Resources Management - MBA
- And more...
- Top-ranked online MBA
- As few as 24 months to complete
- GMAT waivers for experienced professionalsin 24 months.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Six concentrations available
- AACSB accredited
- Master of Business Adminitration (MBA)
- Our online program blends modern business theory with real-world applications
- SACS accredited with associate's, baccalaureate, & master's degrees & diplomas
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Ranked one of the best for vets business schools by Military Times
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Business Administration - Bachelor's
- Online program in HR Management and Analytics from Wharton
- Two-month online program by Wharton: Learn the latest HR Management and Analytics techniques to improve performance. Live faculty sessions.
- Learn through case studies and examples from automotive to banking.
- Custom exercises and moderated discussion make for interactive learning.
- Master Design Thinking
- Suit Up! Success Waits For No One!
- Take Action Now! Find The Perfect Business Program For You
- Get Matched For Free Today!