A human resource degree prepares you to work in the area of personnel management and labor relations. The human resources field has continued to advance beyond its early start with the clerical functions of managing employee benefits and recruiting, interviewing, and hiring qualified personnel. Today, human resources managers and administrative assistants also focus on organizational strategic planning in order to ensure effective and efficient output from the entire workforce. A career in the human resources requires professionals to have a set of personal skills and qualities and skills that include he ability to work with a diverse diverse workforce to promote organizational goals. Some areas of study in the human resource management degree may include workplace diversity, equal opportunity law, corporate compensation planning, succession planning, skills gap analysis, and consulting.
Human Resources Education and Training
Human resource education courses include business management and administration, employment law and organizational psychology, and organizational management. Human resources management courses focus on academic theory and its application to practical situations, ethics, leadership, management, coaching, and mentoring, industrial psychology. Particular human resource management courses may include:
- Leadership and Organizational Behavior
- Labor Relations
- Human Resource Planning
- Employment Laws and Procedures
- Training and HR Development
- Performance Analysis and Improvement
- Benefits and Compensations
As part of human resource degree program, especially a human resource masters, labor relations degrees focus on interpreting and establishing labor contracts, dealing with employee grievances, and working on employee salaries, welfare, health care, pensions, and union issues.
Other related degree programs courses include sociology, economic, organizational psychology, legal issues, culture and communication, employee relations, organizational decisions, corporate recruiting, business coaching, and benefits analysis. Related areas include a concentration labor and industrial relations or training and development.
Human Resources Careers
Careers in human resource management are varied. With these credentials, human resources personnel are responsible for handling employee issues which include staffing, resolving employee grievances and conflicts, training, salary processing, benefits, workplace safety, and training.
Human resources training includes recruitment and selection processes of employees, performance evaluation, compensation and benefits, job design, organizational structures, training, retention, and turnover.
With an associates or bachelors degree in human resources, you may be responsible for HR activities that include recruitment, selection, compensation, and evaluation. With an MBA or MSc. you may be responsible for training, planning, arbitration, staffing and labor relations. Positions may include:
Compensation and benefits managers
Training and development managers
Human resources managers
Employment, recruitment, and placement specialists
Compensation, benefits, and job analysis specialists
Training and development specialists
Labor relations managers and specialists
Human Resources Management Programs
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S. in Human Resource Management - Functional Human Resource Management
- M.S. in Human Resource Management - Integrating Functional & Strategic Human Resource Management
- M.S. in Human Resource Management - Organizational Strategy
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.B.A.: Strategic Human Resource Management
- B.S. in Business Administration
- And more...
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Human Resource Management
- Master of Business Administration - Human Resource Management
- Master of Business Administration
- And more...
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership - Human Resource Development
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - HR Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business - HR Management
- And more...
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Business Administration - Bachelor's
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Business-Concentration in Management
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- MBA Nursing Administration and Leadership (MBA) - Online
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Business Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Marketing and Advertising, Business Information Systems Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Business Administration and Management Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!