A human resource degree prepares you to work in the area of personnel management and labor relations. The human resources field has continued to advance beyond its early start with the clerical functions of managing employee benefits and recruiting, interviewing, and hiring qualified personnel. Today, human resources managers and administrative assistants also focus on organizational strategic planning in order to ensure effective and efficient output from the entire workforce. A career in the human resources requires professionals to have a set of personal skills and qualities and skills that include he ability to work with a diverse diverse workforce to promote organizational goals. Some areas of study in the human resource management degree may include workplace diversity, equal opportunity law, corporate compensation planning, succession planning, skills gap analysis, and consulting.
Human Resources Education and Training
Human resource education courses include business management and administration, employment law and organizational psychology, and organizational management. Human resources management courses focus on academic theory and its application to practical situations, ethics, leadership, management, coaching, and mentoring, industrial psychology. Particular human resource management courses may include:
- Leadership and Organizational Behavior
- Labor Relations
- Human Resource Planning
- Employment Laws and Procedures
- Training and HR Development
- Performance Analysis and Improvement
- Benefits and Compensations
As part of human resource degree program, especially a human resource masters, labor relations degrees focus on interpreting and establishing labor contracts, dealing with employee grievances, and working on employee salaries, welfare, health care, pensions, and union issues.
Other related degree programs courses include sociology, economic, organizational psychology, legal issues, culture and communication, employee relations, organizational decisions, corporate recruiting, business coaching, and benefits analysis. Related areas include a concentration labor and industrial relations or training and development.
Human Resources Careers
Careers in human resource management are varied. With these credentials, human resources personnel are responsible for handling employee issues which include staffing, resolving employee grievances and conflicts, training, salary processing, benefits, workplace safety, and training.
Human resources training includes recruitment and selection processes of employees, performance evaluation, compensation and benefits, job design, organizational structures, training, retention, and turnover.
With an associates or bachelors degree in human resources, you may be responsible for HR activities that include recruitment, selection, compensation, and evaluation. With an MBA or MSc. you may be responsible for training, planning, arbitration, staffing and labor relations. Positions may include:
Compensation and benefits managers
Training and development managers
Human resources managers
Employment, recruitment, and placement specialists
Compensation, benefits, and job analysis specialists
Training and development specialists
Labor relations managers and specialists
Human Resources Management Programs
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S. in Human Resource Management - Functional Human Resource Management
- M.S. in Human Resource Management - Integrating Functional & Strategic Human Resource Management
- M.S. in Human Resource Management - Organizational Strategy
- And more...
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Human Resources
- BS in Business Administration - Human Resources
- MBA - Human Resources
- And more...
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Human Resource Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Management
- MBA - Management
- Master of Business Administration in Organizational Development and Human Resource Management (MBAODHRM)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- And more...
At SNHU, we believe everyone should have greater access to higher education. That’s why we offer over 200 accredited degree programs, flexible class schedules, and some of the lowest online tuition rates in the nation. We offer military tuition discounts up to 30% toward online undergraduate and graduate degree programs for U.S. service members, both full and part time, and the spouses of those on active duty.
- MS Human Resource Management
- MBA with concentration in Human Resources
- IMBA - Human Resources
- And more...
- Our online program blends modern business theory with real-world applications
- SACS accredited with associate's, baccalaureate, & master's degrees & diplomas
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Ranked one of the best for vets business schools by Military Times
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Business Administration - Bachelor's
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes. 100% Free Match to Top Colleges.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You'll Love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!