Are you exploring instructional design degrees? Other names that the degrees go by are educational technology, instructional technology, e-learning development, and curriculum development. Before proceeding with distance education, it is important to examine a few important points, such as: 1) The advantages and disadvantages of online distance education; 2) The types of learners who are successful in online distance education programs; and 3) Locating credible and accredited colleges and universities. Online instructional design programs use emerging technologies such as e-learning to enhance education.
Instructional Design and Technology Training and Education
When pursuing the program, seek out distance learning that not only adds technology to instruction but also those that utilize technology to advance potentially new approaches to the teaching and learning process. Provided here is summary information. In other sections of this site, e-learning and instructional design principles and foundations are discussed. Please contact individual schools that you may be interested in for in-depth information regarding programs options in instructional design masters and instructional design PhD degree offerings.
Different schools use different names for their online instructional design degrees and program. For example: Computer Education, Educational Multimedia, Educational Technology, Instructional Design and Development, Instructional Technology, Instructional Systems, Instructional Systems Technology, Instructional Design, Development and Evaluation, Instructional Design and Technology, Instructional and Performance Technology, Learning Technologies. Closely related to degrees in instructional design is Adult Education and Training and Performance Improvement degrees and concentrations.
Education doctorates are specifically designed to train you in teaching, instructional design, curricula development, and educational leadership. Education is dynamic and constantly changing, and it benefits from innovative technologies, new approaches, and breakthrough methodologies. This is why doctorate research plays such a crucial role in the wider world of pedagogy. Good online instructional design degrees ensure that that aspect is built into their programs.
Instructional Design Courses
Typical programs include master of distance education, teaching online specializations, instructional design for online learning, master of education in the learning, plus many more. Courses may include: Instructional DEsign Theories, Instructional Design Foundations, Needs Assessment, Learner Analysis and more. This of course will depend on the individual program and the focus or specialization of the degree program.
Instructional Design Careers
Instructional technologists work in the private sector, as corporate training specialists. In addition, the fields of businesses and health care employ instructional technologists to train personnel in the latest developments in their field.
Graduates of instructional design and technology degree programs can also work in many fields such as teaching, educational administration, and curriculum development. Job titles include: instructional systems designer, instructional project manager, technical instructional designer, elearning specialist, and senior instructional designer.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Growth
According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics the incomes of graduates of campus and online instructional design degrees vary depending on the specific job title. The average salary for instructional designer jobs is $59,000 according to simplyhired.com. Curriculum designers earn a median salary of about $60,000 while corporate trainers earn around $92,000 a year. Teachers average about $53,000 annually while school administrators make over $82,000.
Instructional Design and Related Programs
- Regent’s School of Education will prepare you for today's dynamic world of education
- Institutionally accredited by SACSCOC with TEAC graduate program accreditation
- Regent University is proud to be ranked as a top military-friendly school
- 86% of Regent students receive some form of financial aid
- Specializations in instructional design, special education, & Christian leadership
- M.Ed. in Instructional Design & Technology
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction
- M.Ed. in Reading Specialist - Non-Licensure
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MED: Higher Education: Instructional Design and Technology
- MED: Curriculum and Instruction: General Education
- MED: Curriculum and Instruction: Elementary Education
- And more...
- Instructional Design & Technology
- Want to be a Teacher or Educational Administrator? Learn why GCU could be the best place to start! Here's why:
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate education programs, including TESOL, early childhood ed, elementary ed, secondary ed & more.
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both. We also offer evening classes!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Financial Options: Numerous financing options available, including scholarships for academic achievement.
- B.S. in Educational Studies (NITL)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Early Childhood Education, ESL/TESOL, Special Education, Education Leadership and Administration, and Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Education and Teaching Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Education and Teaching Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!