Online masters degrees are popular with working professionals or people with families to take care of. The flexibility of online masters programs also provides students to apply what they are learning to their jobs. A Master’s degree is offered at the graduate level of study from accredited college and universities. It typically take one to three years of study. For most online masters programs a bachelor’s degree as a prerequisite for entry. In the United the Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Arts (MA), and Master of Science (MS) and are the most common types of Master’s degrees. Specializations include a variety of professional disciplines such as: Master of Public Health (MPH), Master of Project Management (MPM), Master of Social Work (MSW), Master of Education (Med), and Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) to mention a few. Accredited online masters degrees are designed to give graduates a higher level of authority and responsibility than bachelor’s degree-holders and they earn at least 20% more a year.
Popular Online Masters Degrees
Masters Training and Education
There are two types of master’s degrees: academic (M.A. or MS.) and professional (e.g. LLM, MFA, MSW, MPA etc.) To get into a masters degree in most graduate programs you would to complete standardized exams such as the GMAT or GRE in addition to a good undergraduate GPA.
In most programs students take advanced courses, some write a thesis (a significant scholarly work based on independent research), and others have internships or practical work experience, depending on their graduate degree or field of study.
Most M.A and M.S degrees require about 30-36 credit hours while other can go up to 60 hours. In most graduate programs, master’s degrees take about one to three years of full-time graduate education following completion of a bachelor’s degree program depending on the area of study.
Careers with Masters Degrees
With Online masters degrees in your area of specialization, you will probably make a higher level of income in addition to opportunities for promotions. Some of the fastest growing careers with a masters degree are business (MBA), education, psychology and counseling, library science, information technology, and environmental science, health care (nursing, and health administration and management).
Masters Degree Programs
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880. What began as an academic institution of just 53 students has now grown to more than 38,000. Today USC continues to uphold its tradition of integrating liberal and professional education, fostering a vibrant culture of public service and encouraging students to cross academic as well as geographic boundaries in their pursuit of knowledge.
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
Online Learning at Concordia University-Portland
Concordia University-Portland offers several fully online one-year Master of Education (MEd) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques to amplify your impact in the field of education.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.