Online masters degrees are popular with working professionals or people with families to take care of. The flexibility of online masters programs also provides students to apply what they are learning to their jobs. A Master’s degree is offered at the graduate level of study from accredited college and universities. It typically take one to three years of study. For most online masters programs a bachelor’s degree as a prerequisite for entry. In the United the Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Arts (MA), and Master of Science (MS) and are the most common types of Master’s degrees. Specializations include a variety of professional disciplines such as: Master of Public Health (MPH), Master of Project Management (MPM), Master of Social Work (MSW), Master of Education (Med), and Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) to mention a few. Accredited online masters degrees are designed to give graduates a higher level of authority and responsibility than bachelor’s degree-holders and they earn at least 20% more a year.
Popular Online Masters Degrees
Masters Training and Education
There are two types of master’s degrees: academic (M.A. or MS.) and professional (e.g. LLM, MFA, MSW, MPA etc.) To get into a masters degree in most graduate programs you would to complete standardized exams such as the GMAT or GRE in addition to a good undergraduate GPA.
In most programs students take advanced courses, some write a thesis (a significant scholarly work based on independent research), and others have internships or practical work experience, depending on their graduate degree or field of study.
Most M.A and M.S degrees require about 30-36 credit hours while other can go up to 60 hours. In most graduate programs, master’s degrees take about one to three years of full-time graduate education following completion of a bachelor’s degree program depending on the area of study.
Careers with Masters Degrees
With Online masters degrees in your area of specialization, you will probably make a higher level of income in addition to opportunities for promotions. Some of the fastest growing careers with a masters degree are business (MBA), education, psychology and counseling, library science, information technology, and environmental science, health care (nursing, and health administration and management).
Masters Degree Programs
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Study online with University of Maryland at College Park. We offer an online master of business administration program through our Robert H. Smith School of Business.
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880. What began as an academic institution of just 53 students has now grown to more than 38,000. Today USC continues to uphold its tradition of integrating liberal and professional education, fostering a vibrant culture of public service and encouraging students to cross academic as well as geographic boundaries in their pursuit of knowledge.
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) recently received state approval to enroll students with little to no prior college experience. To help ensure student success, the university has created a program especially for these students who plan on starting their college experience for the first time with us.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.