Are you considering pursuing an MBA degree online? The masters in Business Administration is designed to introduces learners to the concepts of practical business, and teaches you real-world solutions and skills. Most schools have a wide range of business majors and concentrations so as to fit students personal goals, interests and experience. Typically, an undergraduate degree will require you to take general coursework before moving onto the business concentration. A Master of Business Administration (MBA) on the other hand is an advanced degree in business studies. Many schools require a bachelor’s degree (not necessarily in business) for admission. The first step is to learn more about the different schools’ options and offerings.
MBA Programs and Concentrations
MBA Education and Training
First, you want to compare different MBA programs in order to make an informed decision. Most business schools require some related work experience and most require you to take entry exams (GMAT). It is also a good idea to inquire whether you will need to take the GMAT exam and in order to do well in the exam you need to prepare for the GMAT test. Learn more about the different concentrations that are available in different online MBA degrees.
In most online MBA degrees coursework and concentrations range from management, finance to project management. Business degrees and MBA programs are continuously revised and updated to keep up with the changing business world. Some trends that one should keep up in the business world are increasing globalization, emphasis on practical experience, increasing entrepreneurship, business ethics, collaboration, and interpersonal communication skills.
In terms of selecting a business school, one factor to consider is if the program is accredited. These selected MBA degrees and schools listed offer programs in the specific areas which you might be interested in. Some accredited colleges and universities in the United States also offer online accelerated MBA Programs.
The main areas of study in online MBA degrees include Accounting, Business Administration, Business Communications, Business Leadership, Finance, Hotel and Hospitality Management, Human Resources, International Business, Management, Marketing, Organizational Management, Project Management, Real Estate, Risk Management, Small Business Management, and Sports Management. Many programs cater for corporate employees, taking into consideration their work schedule.
Careers with an MBA Degree
Why complete an business degree or an MBA? No other degree has the lure or mythology of the MBA. Online MBA degrees have become one of the fastest growing post-graduate qualification in the world. The degree is popular because many of the skills learned are globally transferable. It retains a certain of glamour, that sets it apart from other degrees.
Many people leave the safety of their jobs to sign up for MBA degree programs because most MBA graduates enjoy considerable hikes in salaries, or locate better and more exciting jobs! Earning the degree also offers opportunities for personal development and opportunities for professional and social networking. Improving leadership and managerial skills is also an output of good MBA programs.
For candidates who are entrepreneurial or interested in starting their own business, earning an MBA is important in learning marketing, financial and management skills that are necessary for success. The field of business management is very broad and there are many areas of specialization that one can pursue including accounting, finance, marketing, human resources management and a lot more. Careers are available practically in any field ranging from banking to education, to nonprofit management. It all depends on ones qualifications and experience.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Growth
With your online masters in business administration, you can choose your area of specialization depending on your interest, experience, and professional goals. The following disciplines marketable with online MBA degrees: Information technology, human resources, administration, marketing, finance, and accounting.
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that with campus or online MBA degrees graduates can expect a 25% to 50% increase in earnings compared to business professionals who hold an associate or business administration and management bachelor degree. Professionals who graduate successfully from an MBA program can expect to make anywhere from $40,000 to $65,000 a year. Studies have show that five years after finishing their MBA program, graduates’ annual income can increase to over $100,000.
- Our online Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA) degree program can help you improve the experience of healthcare providers and patients.
- Walden’s online MHA program prepares leaders who can respond to the needs of their communities while optimizing organizational performance and outcomes.
- Taught by doctoral-level faculty, our online MHA degree program features curriculum with multimedia that lends a real-world perspective to your online learning experience.
- Two ways to earn your MHA: choose from a course-based format or our competency-based Tempo Learning® by Walden that allows you to learn on your own schedule, at your own pace.
- M.B.A. (Master of Business Administration) - Self designed
- M.B.A. in Marketing
- M.B.A. in Human Resource Management
- And more...
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Management and Leadership
- MBA - Marketing
- And more...
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- MBA - Management
- MBA - Marketing
- MBA - Finance
- And more...
At SNHU, we believe everyone should have greater access to higher education. That’s why we offer over 200 accredited degree programs, flexible class schedules, and some of the lowest online tuition rates in the nation. We offer military tuition discounts up to 30% toward online undergraduate and graduate degree programs for U.S. service members, both full and part time, and the spouses of those on active duty.
- MBA with concentration in Quantitative Analysis
- IMBA - Finance
- IMBA - Forensic Accounting
- And more...
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Business Administration in Banking and Finance (MBABF)
- Master of Business Administration in Project and Quality Management (MBAPQM)
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes. 100% Free Match to Top Colleges.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You'll Love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!