Are you considering pursuing an MBA degree online? The masters in Business Administration is designed to introduces learners to the concepts of practical business, and teaches you real-world solutions and skills. Most schools have a wide range of business majors and concentrations so as to fit students personal goals, interests and experience. Typically, an undergraduate degree will require you to take general coursework before moving onto the business concentration. A Master of Business Administration (MBA) on the other hand is an advanced degree in business studies. Many schools require a bachelor’s degree (not necessarily in business) for admission. The first step is to learn more about the different schools’ options and offerings.
MBA Programs and Concentrations
MBA Education and Training
First, you want to compare different MBA programs in order to make an informed decision. Most business schools require some related work experience and most require you to take entry exams (GMAT). It is also a good idea to inquire whether you will need to take the GMAT exam and in order to do well in the exam you need to prepare for the GMAT test. Learn more about the different concentrations that are available in different online MBA degrees.
In most online MBA degrees coursework and concentrations range from management, finance to project management. Business degrees and MBA programs are continuously revised and updated to keep up with the changing business world. Some trends that one should keep up in the business world are increasing globalization, emphasis on practical experience, increasing entrepreneurship, business ethics, collaboration, and interpersonal communication skills.
In terms of selecting a business school, one factor to consider is if the program is accredited. These selected MBA degrees and schools listed offer programs in the specific areas which you might be interested in. Some accredited colleges and universities in the United States also offer online accelerated MBA Programs.
The main areas of study in online MBA degrees include Accounting, Business Administration, Business Communications, Business Leadership, Finance, Hotel and Hospitality Management, Human Resources, International Business, Management, Marketing, Organizational Management, Project Management, Real Estate, Risk Management, Small Business Management, and Sports Management. Many programs cater for corporate employees, taking into consideration their work schedule.
Careers with an MBA Degree
Why complete an business degree or an MBA? No other degree has the lure or mythology of the MBA. Online MBA degrees have become one of the fastest growing post-graduate qualification in the world. The degree is popular because many of the skills learned are globally transferable. It retains a certain of glamour, that sets it apart from other degrees.
Many people leave the safety of their jobs to sign up for MBA degree programs because most MBA graduates enjoy considerable hikes in salaries, or locate better and more exciting jobs! Earning the degree also offers opportunities for personal development and opportunities for professional and social networking. Improving leadership and managerial skills is also an output of good MBA programs.
For candidates who are entrepreneurial or interested in starting their own business, earning an MBA is important in learning marketing, financial and management skills that are necessary for success. The field of business management is very broad and there are many areas of specialization that one can pursue including accounting, finance, marketing, human resources management and a lot more. Careers are available practically in any field ranging from banking to education, to nonprofit management. It all depends on ones qualifications and experience.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Growth
With your online masters in business administration, you can choose your area of specialization depending on your interest, experience, and professional goals. The following disciplines marketable with online MBA degrees: Information technology, human resources, administration, marketing, finance, and accounting.
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that with campus or online MBA degrees graduates can expect a 25% to 50% increase in earnings compared to business professionals who hold an associate or business administration and management bachelor degree. Professionals who graduate successfully from an MBA program can expect to make anywhere from $40,000 to $65,000 a year. Studies have show that five years after finishing their MBA program, graduates’ annual income can increase to over $100,000.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.B.A.: Marketing
- M.B.A.: Strategic Human Resource Management
- And more...
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Management
- Master of Business Administration - Project Management
- And more...
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Business Administration - Economics
- Master of Business Administration - Interdisciplinary Business
- Master of Business Administration - Kindom Business
- And more...
- UMass Online MBA Programs
- Earn a top ranked and highly-respected 100% online business education that works for you.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration - Online MBA at UMass Lowell
- Master's Degree in Business Administration-Online MBA at UMass Dartmouth
- Master's Degree in Business Administration - Isenberg Online MBA at UMass Amherst
- And more...
- Enhance your knowledge and expand your influence with an MBA from Walden.
- Tempo Learning™ by Walden - Competency-Based Learning—the faster you go, the less you pay.
- Master skills that employers today are looking for.
- Benefit from our 24/7 tech support, Writing Center, Career Services Center, and more.
- Walden University’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- M.B.A. (Master of Business Administration) - Self designed
- M.B.A. in Marketing
- M.B.A. in Human Resource Management
- And more...
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Business Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Marketing and Advertising, Business Information Systems Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Business Administration and Management Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!