Are you considering pursuing an MBA degree online? The masters in Business Administration is designed to introduces learners to the concepts of practical business, and teaches you real-world solutions and skills. Most schools have a wide range of business majors and concentrations so as to fit students personal goals, interests and experience. Typically, an undergraduate degree will require you to take general coursework before moving onto the business concentration. A Master of Business Administration (MBA) on the other hand is an advanced degree in business studies. Many schools require a bachelor’s degree (not necessarily in business) for admission. The first step is to learn more about the different schools’ options and offerings.
MBA Programs and Concentrations
MBA Education and Training
First, you want to compare different MBA programs in order to make an informed decision. Most business schools require some related work experience and most require you to take entry exams (GMAT). It is also a good idea to inquire whether you will need to take the GMAT exam and in order to do well in the exam you need to prepare for the GMAT test. Learn more about the different concentrations that are available in different online MBA degrees.
In most online MBA degrees coursework and concentrations range from management, finance to project management. Business degrees and MBA programs are continuously revised and updated to keep up with the changing business world. Some trends that one should keep up in the business world are increasing globalization, emphasis on practical experience, increasing entrepreneurship, business ethics, collaboration, and interpersonal communication skills.
In terms of selecting a business school, one factor to consider is if the program is accredited. These selected MBA degrees and schools listed offer programs in the specific areas which you might be interested in. Some accredited colleges and universities in the United States also offer online accelerated MBA Programs.
The main areas of study in online MBA degrees include Accounting, Business Administration, Business Communications, Business Leadership, Finance, Hotel and Hospitality Management, Human Resources, International Business, Management, Marketing, Organizational Management, Project Management, Real Estate, Risk Management, Small Business Management, and Sports Management. Many programs cater for corporate employees, taking into consideration their work schedule.
Careers with an MBA Degree
Why complete an business degree or an MBA? No other degree has the lure or mythology of the MBA. Online MBA degrees have become one of the fastest growing post-graduate qualification in the world. The degree is popular because many of the skills learned are globally transferable. It retains a certain of glamour, that sets it apart from other degrees.
Many people leave the safety of their jobs to sign up for MBA degree programs because most MBA graduates enjoy considerable hikes in salaries, or locate better and more exciting jobs! Earning the degree also offers opportunities for personal development and opportunities for professional and social networking. Improving leadership and managerial skills is also an output of good MBA programs.
For candidates who are entrepreneurial or interested in starting their own business, earning an MBA is important in learning marketing, financial and management skills that are necessary for success. The field of business management is very broad and there are many areas of specialization that one can pursue including accounting, finance, marketing, human resources management and a lot more. Careers are available practically in any field ranging from banking to education, to nonprofit management. It all depends on ones qualifications and experience.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Growth
With your online masters in business administration, you can choose your area of specialization depending on your interest, experience, and professional goals. The following disciplines marketable with online MBA degrees: Information technology, human resources, administration, marketing, finance, and accounting.
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that with campus or online MBA degrees graduates can expect a 25% to 50% increase in earnings compared to business professionals who hold an associate or business administration and management bachelor degree. Professionals who graduate successfully from an MBA program can expect to make anywhere from $40,000 to $65,000 a year. Studies have show that five years after finishing their MBA program, graduates’ annual income can increase to over $100,000.
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- MBA Strategic Management
- MBA Self-Design
- MBA Finance
- And more...
- Prepare to meet business challenges, achieve your career goals, and move ahead in today’s workforce as you explore vital business and leadership fundamentals.
- After successfully completing the first four courses in our MBA program, you will receive a graduate-level certificate, giving you a valuable credential while you work toward completing your degree.
- Students in the MBA program may choose from 11 specializations, including Accounting, Leadership and Project Management, Marketing and Human Resource Management.
- The MBA program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- M.B.A. (Master of Business Administration) - Self designed
- M.B.A. in Finance
- M.B.A. in Corporate Finance
- And more...
- Are you interested in taking the next step in your academic studies? Earn your master's in business online and take your career to the next level.
- Don't sacrifice your current job - GCU's flexible course schedule gives you the ability to enhance your leadership and entrepreneurial skills online or in the evening.
- GCU's Colangelo College of Business offers master's degrees in leadership, project management, accounting, organizational leadership, entrepreneurship and more.
- Develop high-level of critical thinking and analytical skills required to succeed in today's complex business environments and compete for executive-level positions.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- M.B.A.: Finance
- M.B.A.: Accounting
- And more...
- A Master of Business Administration with an Emphasis in Healthcare Management and Leadership is designed to prepare students for careers in the fields of managed care supervision
- , patient care management, healthcare services manager, regulatory analysis, and resource specialists.
- An MBA from California Intercontinental University is designed to prepare students for today's most in demand industries.
- Tailor your graduate studies around one of our several MBA programs, including Banking & Finance, International Management & Marketing, Project Management and more!
- A Master of Business Administration with an Emphasis in Information Systems and Knowledge Management is designed to prepare students for careers in the fields
- of configuration management, server administration, knowledge management specialist, business systems analysis, and control systems management.
- MBA - Banking and Finance
- MBA - Project Quality and Management
- MBA - International Management and Marketing
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- MBA - Management
- MBA - Finance
- MBA - Marketing
- And more...
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Economics
- Master of Business Administration - Interdisciplinary Business
- Master of Business Administration - Kindom Business
- And more...
For nearly a century, Columbia International University has educated people from a biblical worldview to impact the nations with the message of Christ. Today we continue that effort, offering 21 degree programs for residential undergraduate students, as well as graduate and seminary programs, professional certificates, and convenient online programs for working adults.
- Master of Business Administration
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Management
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Accounting
- Master of Science in Management
- And more...
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Business Aministration
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Management - Marketing
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- MBA - Building Creativity
- MBA - Strategic Management
- Management - MBA
- And more...