Are you considering pursuing an MBA degree online? The masters in Business Administration is designed to introduces learners to the concepts of practical business, and teaches you real-world solutions and skills. Most schools have a wide range of business majors and concentrations so as to fit students personal goals, interests and experience. Typically, an undergraduate degree will require you to take general coursework before moving onto the business concentration. A Master of Business Administration (MBA) on the other hand is an advanced degree in business studies. Many schools require a bachelor’s degree (not necessarily in business) for admission. The first step is to learn more about the different schools’ options and offerings.
MBA Programs and Concentrations
MBA Education and Training
First, you want to compare different MBA programs in order to make an informed decision. Most business schools require some related work experience and most require you to take entry exams (GMAT). It is also a good idea to inquire whether you will need to take the GMAT exam and in order to do well in the exam you need to prepare for the GMAT test. Learn more about the different concentrations that are available in different online MBA degrees.
In most online MBA degrees coursework and concentrations range from management, finance to project management. Business degrees and MBA programs are continuously revised and updated to keep up with the changing business world. Some trends that one should keep up in the business world are increasing globalization, emphasis on practical experience, increasing entrepreneurship, business ethics, collaboration, and interpersonal communication skills.
In terms of selecting a business school, one factor to consider is if the program is accredited. These selected MBA degrees and schools listed offer programs in the specific areas which you might be interested in. Some accredited colleges and universities in the United States also offer online accelerated MBA Programs.
The main areas of study in online MBA degrees include Accounting, Business Administration, Business Communications, Business Leadership, Finance, Hotel and Hospitality Management, Human Resources, International Business, Management, Marketing, Organizational Management, Project Management, Real Estate, Risk Management, Small Business Management, and Sports Management. Many programs cater for corporate employees, taking into consideration their work schedule.
Careers with an MBA Degree
Why complete an business degree or an MBA? No other degree has the lure or mythology of the MBA. Online MBA degrees have become one of the fastest growing post-graduate qualification in the world. The degree is popular because many of the skills learned are globally transferable. It retains a certain of glamour, that sets it apart from other degrees.
Many people leave the safety of their jobs to sign up for MBA degree programs because most MBA graduates enjoy considerable hikes in salaries, or locate better and more exciting jobs! Earning the degree also offers opportunities for personal development and opportunities for professional and social networking. Improving leadership and managerial skills is also an output of good MBA programs.
For candidates who are entrepreneurial or interested in starting their own business, earning an MBA is important in learning marketing, financial and management skills that are necessary for success. The field of business management is very broad and there are many areas of specialization that one can pursue including accounting, finance, marketing, human resources management and a lot more. Careers are available practically in any field ranging from banking to education, to nonprofit management. It all depends on ones qualifications and experience.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Growth
With your online masters in business administration, you can choose your area of specialization depending on your interest, experience, and professional goals. The following disciplines marketable with online MBA degrees: Information technology, human resources, administration, marketing, finance, and accounting.
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that with campus or online MBA degrees graduates can expect a 25% to 50% increase in earnings compared to business professionals who hold an associate or business administration and management bachelor degree. Professionals who graduate successfully from an MBA program can expect to make anywhere from $40,000 to $65,000 a year. Studies have show that five years after finishing their MBA program, graduates’ annual income can increase to over $100,000.
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Management and Leadership
- MBA - Marketing
- And more...
- Prepare to meet business challenges, achieve your career goals, and move ahead in today’s workforce as you explore vital business and leadership fundamentals.
- After successfully completing the first four courses in our MBA program, you will receive a graduate-level certificate, giving you a valuable credential while you work toward completing your degree.
- Students in the MBA program may choose from 11 specializations, including Accounting, Leadership and Project Management, Marketing and Human Resource Management.
- The MBA program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- M.B.A. (Master of Business Administration) - Self designed
- M.B.A. in Marketing
- M.B.A. in Human Resource Management
- And more...
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Business Administration in Banking and Finance (MBABF)
- Master of Business Administration in Project and Quality Management (MBAPQM)
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Marketing
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Accounting
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - International Business
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- MBA - Building Creativity
- Management - MBA
- General Business - MBA
- And more...
Named a “Best College” by U.S. News & World Report, The Princeton Review, and Forbes, Simmons University has earned a reputation for providing a pioneering liberal arts education for undergraduates integrated with professional work experience. Today, Simmons offers renowned coeducational graduate programs in business, communications management, nursing and health sciences, education, liberal arts, social work, and library and information science.
- MIT ENTREPRENEURSHIP ONLINE BOOTCAMP
- FROM IDEA TO STARTUP IN 8 WEEKS
- Master Design Thinking
- Digital Marketing Strategies
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes. 100% Free Match to Top Colleges.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You'll Love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!