What does Six Sigma Training entail? The purpose of Six Sigma is to ensure high levels of performance, reliability, and value to the customer. The Six Sigma process is used to develop and improve all areas of business administration and management, including production, technical support, human resource management, and order entry. Six Sigma is a disciplined, data-driven approach that is aimed at improving at all aspects of business operations, production, human resources, sales, procurement, and technical aspects. Six Sigma is a business improvement methodology that was developed by Motorola to systematically remove defects in products and processes. It is an important aspect of many Total Quality Management (TQM) initiatives. Six Sigma specialists and six sigma online training are attractive to all sizes of organizations and all kinds of industries including manufacturing, banking, industry, and retail.
Six Sigma Education
Six Sigma uses a set of quality management methods to create a structure within an organization infrastructure of people within the organization who are expert in these methods. For example “Black Belts”,”Green Belts”. Some of these methods include statistical methodologies. Within an organization, each Six Sigma project follows a defined sequence of steps and has quantified financial targets for example increasing profit, increasing productivity, or cost reduction.
Six Sigma is an overall enterprise improvement methodology that uses data to monitor, control, and improve operational performance by eliminating and preventing defects in products and associated processes. The methodology emphasizes producing products and services faster and better. It also aims at lowering the cost of products and services to improve the bottom line results.
In Six Sigma courses and online six sigma training, managers and employees learn the strategies and tactics that fit into a a wider enterprise or management system, and how to apply simple and advanced techniques, tools, methodologies, and strategies to solve and prevent business process issues.
Six Sigma methodologies help businesses to improve on their business processes. Knowledge in DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control) and other six sigma project management skills is in demand in many organizations.
Six Sigma develops advanced project management, communication and problem-solving skills.
Six Sigma improves employee productivity, reduces costs and enhances customer satisfaction for business outcomes.
The master certificate course includes Lean Six Sigma, Six Sigma Black Belt, and Six Sigma Green Belt. The online Six Sigma training program also teaches professionals and managers to improve procedures that increase output and results.
Careers with Six Sigma Training
To be successful, professionals must have a certain set of skills and knowledge. This skills and knowledge are addressed including:
- Understanding of statistical analysis
- Self confidence and self motivation
- Strong analytical abilities
- Problem solving
- Ability to â€œthink outside the boxâ€
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Communication, both verbal and written
Professionals can work in a many professional environments, including:
- Computer industry
- Information technology
- Training and instruction
Estimated Income and Projected Career Growth
In the last decade or so, Six Sigma has become one of the most widely practiced process improvement methodologies in service and manufacturing industries. This has been addressed by making online Six Sigma training available to meet the demand. Data shows that in the United States and Canada, employees with certification in Six Sigma tend to earn a slightly higher income that non-Six Sigma employees in the same industries.
In the United States, average salary for a Six Sigma Black Belt in 2007 was around $81,500. The low end of the spectrum was around $64,000 while the high end of the spectrum was $98,000. These figures vary depending on factors such as the industry, the Six Sigma level of certification, skills, and years of related work experience. As of 2011, the median Estimated Income for a Six Sigma Black Belt was $87,424.
Six Sigma and Related Programs
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Doctor of Management - Project Management (Executive Format)
- Master of Science in Management - Project Management
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS: Project Management
- MS in Marketing: Project Management
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Project Management
- Doctor of Philosophy in Technology and Innovation Management (PhD-TIM) IT Project Management
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- MS in Management - Project Management
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) offers career relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs for working adults and nontraditional learners.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- Master in Project Management
- Undergraduate Certificate - Project Management
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!