What does Six Sigma Training entail? The purpose of Six Sigma is to ensure high levels of performance, reliability, and value to the customer. The Six Sigma process is used to develop and improve all areas of business administration and management, including production, technical support, human resource management, and order entry. Six Sigma is a disciplined, data-driven approach that is aimed at improving at all aspects of business operations, production, human resources, sales, procurement, and technical aspects. Six Sigma is a business improvement methodology that was developed by Motorola to systematically remove defects in products and processes. It is an important aspect of many Total Quality Management (TQM) initiatives. Six Sigma specialists and six sigma online training are attractive to all sizes of organizations and all kinds of industries including manufacturing, banking, industry, and retail.
Six Sigma Education
Six Sigma uses a set of quality management methods to create a structure within an organization infrastructure of people within the organization who are expert in these methods. For example “Black Belts”,”Green Belts”. Some of these methods include statistical methodologies. Within an organization, each Six Sigma project follows a defined sequence of steps and has quantified financial targets for example increasing profit, increasing productivity, or cost reduction.
Six Sigma is an overall enterprise improvement methodology that uses data to monitor, control, and improve operational performance by eliminating and preventing defects in products and associated processes. The methodology emphasizes producing products and services faster and better. It also aims at lowering the cost of products and services to improve the bottom line results.
In Six Sigma courses and online six sigma training, managers and employees learn the strategies and tactics that fit into a a wider enterprise or management system, and how to apply simple and advanced techniques, tools, methodologies, and strategies to solve and prevent business process issues.
Six Sigma methodologies help businesses to improve on their business processes. Knowledge in DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control) and other six sigma project management skills is in demand in many organizations.
Six Sigma develops advanced project management, communication and problem-solving skills.
Six Sigma improves employee productivity, reduces costs and enhances customer satisfaction for business outcomes.
The master certificate course includes Lean Six Sigma, Six Sigma Black Belt, and Six Sigma Green Belt. The online Six Sigma training program also teaches professionals and managers to improve procedures that increase output and results.
Careers with Six Sigma Training
To be successful, professionals must have a certain set of skills and knowledge. This skills and knowledge are addressed including:
- Understanding of statistical analysis
- Self confidence and self motivation
- Strong analytical abilities
- Problem solving
- Ability to â€œthink outside the boxâ€
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Communication, both verbal and written
Professionals can work in a many professional environments, including:
- Computer industry
- Information technology
- Training and instruction
Estimated Income and Projected Career Growth
In the last decade or so, Six Sigma has become one of the most widely practiced process improvement methodologies in service and manufacturing industries. This has been addressed by making online Six Sigma training available to meet the demand. Data shows that in the United States and Canada, employees with certification in Six Sigma tend to earn a slightly higher income that non-Six Sigma employees in the same industries.
In the United States, average salary for a Six Sigma Black Belt in 2007 was around $81,500. The low end of the spectrum was around $64,000 while the high end of the spectrum was $98,000. These figures vary depending on factors such as the industry, the Six Sigma level of certification, skills, and years of related work experience. As of 2011, the median Estimated Income for a Six Sigma Black Belt was $87,424.
Six Sigma and Related Programs
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Management - Project Management
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Project Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Doctor of Management - Project Management (Executive Format)
- Master of Science in Management - Project Management
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.