Have you wondered about all the buzz on online tutoring? Is it the same as after-school tutoring? Is college tutoring available? How do tutoring programs online work? How can you be here and your tutor there and still have a productive learning session? Is it even possible? Yes it is!
You can get instant tutoring whenever you need! World-class tutors to help you anytime, in any subject. Virtual learning is fast becoming an alternative for teaching and learning online, especially when the students are bound by constraints such as transportation and no available locale tutors in their area.
It refers to the process where knowledge and skills are imparted from a knowledge provider expert to a learner using online communications. Although it has been around for quite a while, it has seen significant grow with increasing bandwidth.
The demand for online educational services can be attributed to various factors which include an increase in the number of non-traditional students who do not have a lot of time to look for other resources, a more competitive educational landscape in which colleges and schools are trying harder to attract students with extra services and students’ greater familiarity with the Internet.
Tutoring takes various forms:
- Tutoring via email occurs when the tutor provides learning content, review information and tests, and the learner then accesses the information and reviews it at their own pace and time in their own space. Interaction is also primarily via email where feedback is provided via the same format.
- Real-time tutoring online depends on good bandwidth and learners and tutors engage online in various activities at the same time as they would in a face-to-face classroom. The tutor and learners make use of tools such as the whiteboard, chats, and instant messaging to transmit information back and forth. Some tutoring programs take advantage of audio and video resources. Many of these programs also allow the session to be recorded for later review if necessary.
Some strategies may incorporate both forms of online information delivery. Some critics worry that a learner can get too much help from a tutor outside the classroom, but good tutors and tutoring companies guide students through the course content not give away the answers. After all, what is the point of doing well on a test but not be able to apply it in real life!
So, what features should you look for in a good online tutoring program?
- Affordability. Is the program good value for your money?
- Does the program include all components of learning – instructional, demonstrative, collaborative, and individual work?
- Does the program emphasize a good level of online security for students and tutors?
Many programs have round the clock service with many tutors who have expertise in different areas. The services offer tutoring in many subjects for example mathematics, sciences, reading, etc. It all depends on what your individual needs is in order to decide on the best online tutoring services.