A technology education degree program goes beyond learning about computers and peripherals. Its focus is on using technology to learn effectively and to increase productivity. The technology education PhD and technology education masters degrees are both specialization degrees. Technology education career professionals, also known as instructional technologists, are a specialized group of educators who have both the technical knowledge and pedagogical knowledge. They have a good understanding of technology tools, computer hardware and software programming and how this can be used in an educational or training environment. Though often associated with computers and technology, it goes beyond the use of technical gadgets in education, and deals with the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of learning and instruction. The goal is to improve the quality of teaching and learning.
Technology Education and Training
Online technology education courses are a mix of mathematics, science, and technology. In the specialization tracks, students may take technology education classes in computer programming languages, computer networking, database management, and desktop publishing. In addition they may take technology education degree courses in managing and evaluating instructional technology, educational psychology, instructional methods, etc.
The online technology education program is designed to bring technology to the classroom by teaching students various teaching and instructional strategies that engage students using technology in order to prepare them for the workplace, and also to improve performance. The technology education program is designed for corporate trainers, teachers, and administrators. Students upgrade their technology skills by also taking courses in advanced mathematics and science, and selected technology education courses. A technology education certificate may be an option for K-12 and teacher education programs that offer teacher certification.
With teacher shortages in areas like math and science, many state school systems have created a training initiative to encourage professionals from other fields like engineering and chemistry to earn teaching credentials. Such programs grant teaching licensure by state boards of education and in some cases the teachers can earn a technology endorsement or certificate as part of their programs.
Technology Education Careers
Technology educators work in many sectors including public and private school systems, higher education, business and corporate, and military and government. Some graduates of technology education degree programs choose to become technical consultants. In these positions they work as technology teachers, instructional designers, instructional technologists, curriculum designers, technology coordinators, corporate trainers, and project managers to mention a few areas.
Educational Technology and Related Programs
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- B.S. in Educational Studies (Does Not Lead to Teacher Licensure)
- B.S. in Math for Secondary Education
- M.A. in Reading with an Emphasis in Secondary Education
- And more...
- Education programs include BA in Education Studies, BA in Child Development, and MA in Education.
- Students can specialize in areas such as Education and Public Policy, Instructional Design, and Early Childhood Education.
- Courses cover concepts such as phonics, curriculum development, instruction for English language learners, and more.
- Flexible, online courses allow students to pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- BA/Library Science and Media
- BA/English Language Learner Studies
- BA/Education Studies
- And more...
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to engage in a collaborative learning environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- MS in Education - Educational Psychology
- MS in Instructional Technology (K-12)
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Curriculum and Instruction for Educators
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Instructional Design and Technology
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Adult Education and Training
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education*
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) recently received state approval to enroll students with little to no prior college experience. To help ensure student success, the university has created a program especially for these students who plan on starting their college experience for the first time with us.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- MS - Teaching and Learning
- Instructional Design & Technology
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Career and Technical Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction Equity, Ethics, and Justice
- And more...
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Arts: Teaching
- Master of Science in Higher Education - College Teaching
- Master of Science: Education
- And more...