A technology education degree program goes beyond learning about computers and peripherals. Its focus is on using technology to learn effectively and to increase productivity. The technology education PhD and technology education masters degrees are both specialization degrees. Technology education career professionals, also known as instructional technologists, are a specialized group of educators who have both the technical knowledge and pedagogical knowledge. They have a good understanding of technology tools, computer hardware and software programming and how this can be used in an educational or training environment. Though often associated with computers and technology, it goes beyond the use of technical gadgets in education, and deals with the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of learning and instruction. The goal is to improve the quality of teaching and learning.
Technology Education and Training
Online technology education courses are a mix of mathematics, science, and technology. In the specialization tracks, students may take technology education classes in computer programming languages, computer networking, database management, and desktop publishing. In addition they may take technology education degree courses in managing and evaluating instructional technology, educational psychology, instructional methods, etc.
The online technology education program is designed to bring technology to the classroom by teaching students various teaching and instructional strategies that engage students using technology in order to prepare them for the workplace, and also to improve performance. The technology education program is designed for corporate trainers, teachers, and administrators. Students upgrade their technology skills by also taking courses in advanced mathematics and science, and selected technology education courses. A technology education certificate may be an option for K-12 and teacher education programs that offer teacher certification.
With teacher shortages in areas like math and science, many state school systems have created a training initiative to encourage professionals from other fields like engineering and chemistry to earn teaching credentials. Such programs grant teaching licensure by state boards of education and in some cases the teachers can earn a technology endorsement or certificate as part of their programs.
Technology Education Careers
Technology educators work in many sectors including public and private school systems, higher education, business and corporate, and military and government. Some graduates of technology education degree programs choose to become technical consultants. In these positions they work as technology teachers, instructional designers, instructional technologists, curriculum designers, technology coordinators, corporate trainers, and project managers to mention a few areas.
Educational Technology and Related Programs
- Want to be a Teacher or Educational Administrator? Learn why GCU could be the best place to start! Here's why:
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate education programs, including TESOL, early childhood ed, elementary ed, secondary ed & more.
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both. We also offer evening classes!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Financial Options: Numerous financing options available, including scholarships for academic achievement.
- B.S. in Educational Studies (NITL)
- B.S. in Math for Secondary Education
- M.A. in Reading with an Emphasis in Secondary Education
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- DMN: Expository Preaching and Teaching
- MA Teaching: Middle Grades
- MED: Curriculum and Instruction: General Education
- And more...
- Regent’s School of Education will prepare you for today's dynamic world of education
- Institutionally accredited by SACSCOC with TEAC graduate program accreditation
- Regent University is proud to be ranked as a top military-friendly school
- 86% of Regent students receive some form of financial aid
- Specializations in instructional design, special education, & Christian leadership
- M.Ed. in Reading Specialist - Non-Licensure
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction - Teacher Leader
- M.Ed. in Student Affairs
- And more...
- Instructional Design & Technology
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Early Childhood Education, ESL/TESOL, Special Education, Education Leadership and Administration, and Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Education and Teaching Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Education and Teaching Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!