A technology education degree program goes beyond learning about computers and peripherals. Its focus is on using technology to learn effectively and to increase productivity. The technology education PhD and technology education masters degrees are both specialization degrees. Technology education career professionals, also known as instructional technologists, are a specialized group of educators who have both the technical knowledge and pedagogical knowledge. They have a good understanding of technology tools, computer hardware and software programming and how this can be used in an educational or training environment. Though often associated with computers and technology, it goes beyond the use of technical gadgets in education, and deals with the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of learning and instruction. The goal is to improve the quality of teaching and learning.
Technology Education and Training
Online technology education courses are a mix of mathematics, science, and technology. In the specialization tracks, students may take technology education classes in computer programming languages, computer networking, database management, and desktop publishing. In addition they may take technology education degree courses in managing and evaluating instructional technology, educational psychology, instructional methods, etc.
The online technology education program is designed to bring technology to the classroom by teaching students various teaching and instructional strategies that engage students using technology in order to prepare them for the workplace, and also to improve performance. The technology education program is designed for corporate trainers, teachers, and administrators. Students upgrade their technology skills by also taking courses in advanced mathematics and science, and selected technology education courses. A technology education certificate may be an option for K-12 and teacher education programs that offer teacher certification.
With teacher shortages in areas like math and science, many state school systems have created a training initiative to encourage professionals from other fields like engineering and chemistry to earn teaching credentials. Such programs grant teaching licensure by state boards of education and in some cases the teachers can earn a technology endorsement or certificate as part of their programs.
Technology Education Careers
Technology educators work in many sectors including public and private school systems, higher education, business and corporate, and military and government. Some graduates of technology education degree programs choose to become technical consultants. In these positions they work as technology teachers, instructional designers, instructional technologists, curriculum designers, technology coordinators, corporate trainers, and project managers to mention a few areas.
Educational Technology and Related Programs
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Doctor of Education (EDD)
- Doctor of Education - Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment (K-12)
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to engage in a collaborative learning environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- MA in Teaching (for Aspiring Teachers Grades 5-12)
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- MS in Higher Education - Online College Teaching
- And more...
At SNHU, we believe everyone should have greater access to higher education. That’s why we offer over 200 accredited degree programs, flexible class schedules, and some of the lowest online tuition rates in the nation. We offer military tuition discounts up to 30% toward online undergraduate and graduate degree programs for U.S. service members, both full and part time, and the spouses of those on active duty.
- M.Ed. Curr & Ins - Dyslexia Studies & LBLD
- M.Ed. Curriculum Instr - Technology
- Instructional Design & Technology
Online Learning at Concordia University–Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Environmental Education
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Education Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!